• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you snort percocet? (10mg oxy 325mg acetaminophen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackiesBabyy

Bluelighter
Well obviously you CAN, but is snorting APAP dangerous? (Yes, I know it's bad for your liver, but is it any worse insufflated than orally?) I need about 20-25mg to get to a good place orally, so how much should I snort considering the bioavailability is lower and the huge pills have a ton of binder? How bad is the burn/drip(if it's that horrible I'll just take 10mg orally beforehand to make it less painful)? How does the high differ from swallowing the pills whole(not parachuting, last time I tried that I gagged and almost threw up because of the toilet paper)?

Don't tell me to get the pills without APAP. I only have access to these and I've never tried opiates any way but orally, so even if it's bad for you I'd like to try it just to see what it's like.

Don't even try this. I know a guy who does this with percs. It's nasty. Eww. Don't do it man

Don't snort it.. APAP isn't water soluble

And? The APAP isn't what's going to get me high so I don't care if that gets absorbed or not.

What's SO BAD about just trying it once? I just want to see what an opiate high is like with that ROA, I don't plan on doing it all the time and it's not like I'm planning on shooting the APAP.

If it's really that horrible to do it one time, is it possible to do a CWE on four pills and just snort that?

Just don't. You will end up with inability to absorb much oxycodone in the nasal membranes due to the APAP content, and almost all of the oxycodone ingested would be via the drip, and so would be ingested orally anyhow. Again, take them orally. Even for pure oxycodone products, the oral BA is considerably higher than the intranasal BA. You won't be satisfied with the outcome if you try to snort Percocet.

Just don't. You will end up with inability to absorb much oxycodone in the nasal membranes due to the APAP content, and almost all of the oxycodone ingested would be via the drip, and so would be ingested orally anyhow. Again, take them orally. Even for pure oxycodone products, the oral BA is considerably higher than the intranasal BA. You won't be satisfied with the outcome if you try to snort Percocet.

So how about CWEing it? I mean, the high must be better if most people who do Roxis and OCs snort them instead of eat them, and I honestly don't care if I'd need more to get high this way, I just want to try it to try it.

I haven't tried this myself, but everything I have ever heard tells me it's a bad idea.

I remember reading an old thread on here called "Shit you should never snort" and Percocet was on it. They said in addition to it being unpleasant it was pointless. There is so much APAP compared to the small amount of oxycodone that the APAP (and inactive binders) fills up your nose and greatly decreases the absorption of the oxy.

I'm not sure whether there are substantially more dangers from snorting APAP as opposed to eating APAP - I can look into it if you like - but why not just do a cold water extraction to remove the APAP?? (EDIT: Haha I wrote that before your last post)

As for how the effects differ, well if you were snorting just oxy with no APAP in it, the onset of a high might be a little faster and might seem more intense for a few minutes as compared to more gradually coming on when swallowed, but the bioavailability is actually much lower when snorted compared to when taken orally. Oral BA is listed at 80-90% and nasal BA is listed as only 40%-50%. So unless you just love snorting, or all you care about is having it hit you faster, there is really little benefit to taking the additional risks that come with snorting and are some disadvantages.

1st off how many mg of oxy is in there?5,7.5,10 not much considering the rest of the filler probably weights at least 100mg so at best (snorting a 10 you have 10x more junk turning into boogers) so you're not getting enough oxy to your nasa veins past the future booger mat'l binder in the pill.
just a guess

^Yeah as JackiesBabyy said in the title, they're 10mg of oxycodone and 325mg of APAP. Plus however many mg of binders.

Another thing I thought to mention is that Percocet contains the following "inactive" ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, pregelatinized cornstarch, stearic acid, and dye. Some of those things are not good to be snorting, for example the microcrystalline cellulose (it can get into your lungs).

You can always plug the percocet... as far as I know, APAP is safe for rectal administration.

Here's the problem with all of this snorting/shooting/plugging nonsense with oxycodone: there is literally no rush, just a quicker onset to a drug that already takes action pretty quickly. If this were heroin or dilaudid, or any other opiate with a significant "rush," then I understand the reasoning behind it. But for oxy? Can you really not wait an extra 20 minutes?

You can always plug the percocet... as far as I know, APAP is safe for rectal administration.

Here's the problem with all of this snorting/shooting/plugging nonsense with oxycodone: there is literally no rush, just a quicker onset to a drug that already takes action pretty quickly. If this were heroin or dilaudid, or any other opiate with a significant "rush," then I understand the reasoning behind it. But for oxy? Can you really not wait an extra 20 minutes?

Really? People who rail roxis tell me snorting it feels a LOT better than oral.

^ It kicks in a lot faster, so people get "higher," as the subjective high is dependant on how fast we go from a sober mindstate to an opiated one, leading to much heavier addiction than if you had just stayed with oral dosing.

So, it comes on a lot faster, but there is no awesome "rush" that would make non-oral dosing worth it, like Heroin, Dilaudid, and Oxymorphone have.

^Yeah as JackiesBabyy said in the title, they're 10mg of oxycodone and 325mg of APAP. Plus however many mg of binders.

Another thing I thought to mention is that Percocet contains the following "inactive" ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, pregelatinized cornstarch, stearic acid, and dye. Some of those things are not good to be snorting, for example the microcrystalline cellulose (it can get into your lungs).

Sad I know so many people who do (snort) this too. When I ask why it's always a non-chalant "because that's how I like doing it."

I guess sniffing pills is a matter of preference, except for Opana (Oxymorphone) and pure Oxy, which smack your face in. Don't do it! Too addicting!

I'm new to this site, thanks for the advice. I got percocet 5 + 325 milligrams, which ain't s***. I thought maybe snorting them would be better, but after reading this thread I realize for orally is the only way. I hate it when they give you frickin APAP your pain meds, but there was no arguing with the doctor.

I'm new to this site, thanks for the advice. I got percocet 5 + 325 milligrams, which ain't s***. I thought maybe snorting them would be better, but after reading this thread I realize for orally is the only way. I hate it when they give you frickin APAP your pain meds, but there was no arguing with the doctor.

I hear ya. The APAP is supposedly supposed to increase. The analgesia but IMO it doesn't make that much of a different analgesia wise and is probably more of a "passive" abuse deterrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.