• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

What reagent does the EzTest Cocaine Purity test use?

Aetherius Rimor

Bluelighter
Been doing a bit of research into drug testing recently. The standard test for Cocaine in the papers I've found so far has been Cobalt Thiocyanate, which gives off a blue color and has several substances false positives, which is the Scott Test they sell.

However I haven't been able to find any information on the reagent or research behind their purity test.

Does anyone have any information on this?

http://eztest.com/cocaine-purity-test/#ecwid:category=0&mode=product&product=14183800

Seems like it tests how much actual cocaine is in your sample... unfortunately cocaine is notoriously impure, so I doubt your ever going to see a reaction over 50% :( This is one of their newer reagents, I think they designed it themselves. I doubt it's going to have a name like the older police reagents

IMO, detecting levamisole is much more important though... although I just wouldn't waste my time with coke, it's a waste of money.

This is one of their newer reagents, I think they designed it themselves. I doubt it's going to have a name like the older police reagents

This is what worries me. At least the science behind the Scott test is known, and it's known what gives false positives. Without knowing the ingredients and being able to see the research, I wonder what false positives this "new" reagent has.

Hi,
we have a test for levamisole: EZ Test for Cocaine Cuts. Shows a reaction with levamisole, phenacetine and ephedrine, does not react with cocaine itself....
more info: eztest.com or testyourcocaine.com
grtz,
EZ Test

eztest for cocaine purity does not react with any of the caines. We have tested this reagent with many different substances and haven't found a false positive yet...

^ Do you ever think you could come up with a reagent that tests HCL from Freebase from phosphate salts and so on? Could be a useful test to people who want to know which salt their chemical is and it seems relatively straight forward

eztest for cocaine purity does not react with any of the caines. We have tested this reagent with many different substances and haven't found a false positive yet...

Are you saying that there is no public scientific research into this reagent to verify these claims?

it says on the eztest cocaine purity kit that it is insensitive to cuts such as mannitol,does this mean these will give a false positive or that they will have no effect?is there any research chemicals or cocaine analogs that will cause false positive or is this kit more accurate than the previous cocaine kits that give a positive result from any chemical in the caine family

Hi,
this means that it doesn't react to aduterants. It reacts to cocaine only. We haven't found anything that produces a false positive with this test yet.

EZ Test is worthless. It said that pure professionally extracted cocaine was cut with ephedrine. If you won't state what the reagent is so others can verify than you obviously have doubts about it. Stop mixing up your pseudo reagents in a bath tub like a 1gm cooking push/pull tweaker and acting like you are Shulgin.

I have a GC/MS spec to prove this cocaine was totally pure.

Oh yeah... why doesn't BL allow Tor? It's run by the DEA now right?

EZ Test is worthless. It said that pure professionally extracted cocaine was cut with ephedrine. If you won't state what the reagent is so others can verify than you obviously have doubts about it. Stop mixing up your pseudo reagents in a bath tub like a 1gm cooking push/pull tweaker and acting like you are Shulgin.

I have a GC/MS spec to prove this cocaine was totally pure.

Oh yeah... why doesn't BL allow Tor? It's run by the DEA now right?

The tests are excellent as a cheap easy way to get a rough gauge on your drug, not everyone has half a million dollars to blow on a Mass Spectrometer.
As for you having a MS, bull shit. not to mention pure cocaine is an oxymoron. 1] it is cut to even form Cocaine HCL [given thats what most people take] and if it were pure it would turn to sludge due to its ability to suck moisture from the air.

Exact chemicals EZTEST uses in its test-system obviously only EZTEST knows. It's EZTEST know-how )))
IMHO, they use analysis based on color and specific reactions of some d-metal complexes with different organic substances with further extraction complexes in organic layer.
Probably in early years they used Travnikoff reagent (copper thiocyanate) and chloroform. The DEA says it's semiquantitative analysis although it's truly quantitative in lab conditions. The reagent gives brown color with cocaine in organic layer.
As far as I know EZTEST made several upgrades of its cocaine purity test. Probably now they use some advance modifications (may be molybdenum catheholat – it gives very similar to copper brown color with cocaine - or another). In general, it seems that EZTEST did its best to learn its product work with illegal cocaine sample but…

The problem however is that the technology is not suitable to test real cocaine samples. For example, EZTEST says that its test-system does not react to any of -caines. Yes it does if you make analysis with every substance separately. But what if you mix cocaine and other substances? Or if you use their commercial analogs (for instance, not pure caffeine but caffeine sodium benzoate which available in farmacia) or part of your substances are decayed? EZTEST cocaine purity test gives no color with levamisole. But it does give color in reaction with products of levamisole degradation (some which included a group -SH). This color is a bit different and has absolutely different nature but anyway it affects analysis result.
Thus, if there's one more substance in a sample (in addition to cocaine) which is able to color solution the result will be affected too much to believe it.
Unfortunately or not but it's limitation of all EZTEST products for cocaine testing. And this is the reason why EZTEST cocaine cut test doesn't work at all.

All is IMHO

Bale

Quick question re using the ez test. If you test more then then recommended 20mg does it make you get a higher reading? Don't know how much 20mg is and so think i used too much.

Yes, you need to use a scale to weigh exactly 20.0mg. Look up the diamond A03 scales or the gemini 20.

Has anyone here used an EZ Test Cocaine Purity Test with exact 0.020g and the liquid in the vial goes a blue colour at the top, and clear on the bottom? Does this literally indicate no cocaine present? Or am I doing something wrong?