• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine + L-Arginine

random2k

Greenlighter
I'm wondering if it would be dangerous if someone had the workout supplement in there system the same time as cocaine?

Any thoughts?

From what i know L-Arginine lowers blood pressure... so it should be safe?

whereas ephedrine would raise blood pressure and not be a good combo with cocaine and be dangerous? right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please review the OD guidelines, we don't use SWIM here.

I checked for drug interactions on the following sites:medscape, drugs.com
L-Arginine is not known to react with cocaine and some sites it wasn't even known as a possible interaction so make what you will of that

Wikipedia so not the best source but i thought i should post this seeing as it might be relevant:
Possible increased risk of death after supplementation following heart attack

A clinical trial found that patients taking an L-arginine supplement following a heart attack found no change in the heart's vascular tone or decrease in the symptoms of congestive heart failure (the heart's ability to pump). In fact, six more patients who were taking L-arginine died than those taking a placebo resulting in early termination of the study with the recommendation that the supplement not be used by heart attack patients.[14][15][16] These findings suggest L-arginine is not beneficial post-heart-attack.

Now i don't think it would matter so much unless your lab rat over did the coke but food for thought. It says post hard attack, so if your lab rat dosed it before the coke maybe it wouldn't matter so much or at all. I dunno could be completely irrelevant, showing my newbility..

Heres a supposed + of L-Arginine
Quickens repair time of damaged tissue

This kind of lends the idea, at least I've interpreted it this way i ain't got no PhD or anything. That perhaps it could help with the nasal passage damage done from snorting the cocaine if that's how your lab rat keeps the water running, could be way wrong here i dunno.

Hypertension
A recent meta-analysis showed that L-arginine reduces blood pressure with pooled estimates of 5.4/2.7 mmHg for SBP/DBP.

I dunno what that means other than it reduces blood pressure by whatever measurement that is, but perhaps it would make working out on coke a bit safer? I'm sure your lab rats probably not planning on taking "lets get messed up!" amounts, but i always thought that the dehydration, increased heart rate and blood pressure, mixed with coke doing or any stimulant for that matter could potentially lead to collapse or heart attack. Not that i haven't seen countless lab rats stressing the hell out of their bodies. I've seen people fall on meth after to many days and not enough sustenance (water usually, i dunno how they go so long without it), if its there first time they really freak out. One guy who overdid it very early in his meth taking life, he thought that he was dieing and starting getting really upset, only time i ever saw that man cry... was not pretty. It usually only takes one scare to set em straight, but sometimes there's just that fiend. Then down they go like a skydiver without a parachute. Luckily i don't touch the stuff, i carry the bags i guess you could say ;)

Anyway losing the topic, was up all night so feeling a bit wired.

Here's a slightly better source with some info but i can't for the life of me understand these technical terms
http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=202136

And here's just a snippet of the conclusion if you can't be stuffed reading through it like me, sorry if this is all irrelevant as i said been up all night and brains not functioning properly. Damn i sit down to try and write a quick reply and end up with a ramble my bad on that one =/

Conclusions L-Arginine, when added to standard postinfarction therapies, does not improve vascular stiffness measurements or ejection fraction and may be associated with higher postinfarction mortality. L-Arginine should not be recommended following acute myocardial infarction.

Last edited: