• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girls: wax, shave, pluck.. what do you do?

I nair. I dont know if anyones said that yet...it works pretty well actually. I was scared at first of burning msyself, but i just put a little bit of rolled up toilet paper on the super *sensitive bits* and leave it on for about 7 minutes...rinse off with a towel and it stays smooth for a little longer then shaving, but leaves NO razor burn or ingrown hairs. Plus you cant cut yourself or anything.

I am thinking of just letting it all grow. EVERYTHING! I've had enough of all this maintenance shit! although there is a beauty salon that my sister goes to that does brazilians for $26 and she says they are good so i'm thinking of giving it a go in a few weeks :p

I lazered my legs , bikini line and underarms. Best thing I have ever done. It's been almost a year and a half since I did my last treatment for legs and they are still as smooth as when I first did it. Every two weeks or so I shave to get few hairs that are left here and there but that's about it. It does cost quite a bit though. You have to save up for it ahead of time. Once the treatments start there is certain timeframes you have to follow for appointments and if you miss them the results are not great I was told.

I'm sure I won't be teaching any women anything they don't know, but do yourselves a favor and go buy the MicroTouch shaver. Shaves perfectly smooth, and never gives the little red bumps.

And yes, I'm a guy who shaves. Hell, I like my women smooth, why shouldn't they expect the same from me? :)

I shave everything down there. But, it's a pain in the ass to keep up with, I swear! And I always get razor burn. Gah.. it's almost not worth it. But, since I've gone bare, I can't go hair!

I have done and always will do my own waxing...... i pretty much have no hair from my neck down!

sorry, hair removal is lame, i have to add
i haven't even shaved my face in like a month
maybe i should
but i resent doing it

Well i finally got a brazilian done and never again!! That was one of the most painful things i have ever experienced. It was half an hour of pure torture!!

Is it supposed to take that long? My sister says 15mins and it hurts but isn't as bad as what i'm going on about.

I think maybe she done a horrendos job or something. She didn't soothe it long enough with each yank and half of them she didn't soothe at all. I was sore and throbbing for about 12 hours afterwards and i have what looks like a shaving rash (which is worse then when i actually shave it!!)

and it's still prickly!! Doesn't waxing mean pulling the hair out of the roots therfore there should be no stubble?

NEVER FUCKING AGAIN!

Oh god.. that answer's my question then on whether i should go brazillian or not...

I shave everything. I like to be hairless, but yeah shaving can be a pain so i was considering waxing.... but i dunno.... i dont think i could handle having to grow the hair to a certain length again to get it waxed again....

Ill stick with shaving me thinks.

doofqueen- sounds like she did a really bad job, even on the home waxing kit it says that it's important to smooth down the strip before pulling, could be that's why you have stubble, if you don't smoothe it down it probably only breaks off the hair at the surface and doesn't pull it out from the roots.

I always wax these days (brazilian), I've vowed never to touch my privates with a razor again, I get terrible razor rash and ingrown hairs if I do (I get a bit when I wax too but not at all as much). I do the waxing myself and I don't think it hurts that much, the first time is the hardest. Waxing my armpits on the other hand hurts like hell though, but I'm slowly getting braver.

Anyway I have problems with the hairs growing out because not all of them grow out at the same time, which means everytime I wax there will be new hairs popping up after a few days. I could solve the problem by tweezing, but that takes time and there are some places not easily reached by a tweezer... The only good thing compared to shaving is that most the hair that grows back is so fine that you can hardly see/feel it, but its still annoying. Anyone else have this problem?

^ eventually your all your hair will start growing back in at close to the same cycle (and a lot of it won't grow back at all) if you just keep up with waxing. Unfortunately, the best way to get everything "in sync" is to tweeze any new growth when it comes in. It sucks, but I think it's worth it.

I just had to shave "down there" the other day because I was in one of those spur of the moment situations where I wasn't sure what would happen later that night (I made the right call!!! :) ) It sucks ass though... Too many bumps and burns. I much prefer a nice brazilian - way less pain, way fewer ingrowns, way nicer look!

I shave mine....but i hate the fact of the red bumps and the ingrown hair. But i was thinkin of gettin this product its called ingrow go or something its in a blue bottle. Im really scared to get a brazillian but eventually i will get the guts to get it done because ive heard its way better!

Wat nair product is everyone using? I wouldnt mind trying it if its better than shaving.

^^^ chiki it is way better trust me!!! none of that in grown hairs, or red bumps or itching!!

I wax everywhere, not my legs but everywhere else... I usually get a brazillan just and I am left with a little landing strip in the middle. I pay $45 every 4-5 weeks to get it done... I'll never go back to hair removeral cream or shaving...

Has anyone mentioned Veet yet, I almost started a thread in SO about it it is so damn good. I always wondered why Nair was still on the market, it never works. I learned you could actually sit there and pluck out each hair after the use, and it not be painful, but a whole leg, that would take a while. But I just tried this stuff called Veet.

06_hairlesslegs-veet.jpg

I was shocked, and didn't expect it to work, but it kicks ass. I think it is just because the "shaver" that comes with it has little rubber thingies that grab ahold of the hair, and it comes right out.

Just wanted to share :) Shaving and waxing both irritate my legs big time. Was very happy to find this!!

Jenna Jameson wrote in her book that shaving with antibiotic ointment will help prevent razor burn. I have tried this twice and it seems to help some.

I shave but I absolutly hate it... i hate getting all prickly and itchy... ive heard deoderant helps moisturize and it does sometimes... but I have given in.. Im going to let my guy wax me next time... we'll see how that goes

I occasionally shave, but I FAR prefer waxing. Shaving literally puts me in pain when the hair starts growing back in... that being the next day... Not to mention the horrid razor burn potential... Sometimes it's not *so* bad, but still... I've gone so far as to *pluck* it all out (hair by hair) in order to avoid having to shave. (Insane, I know, but I was desperate). Waxing is the way to go! If only I could afford it as often as I'd like to go...

^I've also done the whole tweezing thing, only on the bikini line though. But it's pretty easy to wax yourself, once you get past the first pain. Or maybe have somebody else help you? It's worked for me.

I'm one of those unfortunate souls who is literally uncapable of doing it by myself. Not only do I have a bit more than average hair, my follicles are really deep, and I really can't get all the hair out on my own, not only because of the pain factor, but the angles are just too difficult for the amount of ripping i have to do...