• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girls: wax, shave, pluck.. what do you do?

I struggled with hair removal for awhile. I would always be very irritated if i shaved or waxed my bikini line...to the point where my boyfriend would make fun of me for it lol but now I use nair, and I don't have that problem anymore. It isn't itchy growing in, and I don't have to let it grow out. And since it is a chemical, it sort of exfoliates my skin, too, which makes the skin softer and prevents ingrown hairs.

I tried waxing once, and it was such a disapointment because half the hair wouldn't get waxed, even though it was over the reccomended length. there really isn't a place to get a wax like I want done around here so i'm pretty much screwed. I shave but it gets really stubbly and so i have to wait for it to grow a little before i can shave it again, so that doesn't work out real good either. There aren't any good options for me. I tried to nair a little bit of the top once and I think it burnt or soemthing. I have no idea what to do.

I'm bumping this b/c I am considering getting my first Brazilian wax very soon. I have a pretty decent tolerance for pain but I am concerned about getting ingrown hairs. How can I prevent them? My "hair down there" grows very fast, dammit! Right now I use a triple blade razor, unscented lubriderm and women's shave gel and it is just not working for me anymore.
~*MEOW*~, hate_the_game and any other ladies who originally replied (or who have experience with the issue)- how did you end up taking care of the issue?

Originally posted by shootingStar:
The "racing strip" is very popular - its like a strip of hair that goes from just under your hole, along each side of your lips and stops where eva u want.
^^^
That's also known as the "Crotch Mustache" or the "Punani Stunani".

I bleached mine and dyed it purple. Course I'm a guy, but maybe you girls would like to try it. Don't worry about shaving it, just make it all pretty. My boyfriend loves mine!

I found that the area around the clitoris, predictably, can be QUITE painful. However this is surely aggravated in my case by the fact that I do it at home and the angles can sometimes be really difficult, and I don't get a good quick pull in the direction I'm supposed to.
i pay 57.and change (my salon is pricey tho).. and i leave a huge tip (cause i love my girl!)Ouch. Not that I wasn't expecting something like that, but in my case the hair starts growing back in approximately a week to ten days, none of this six weeks of smoothness. :( Of course it isn't long enough to wax again for about three weeks, but no way would I be up for spending $60 every three weeks. Yikes.
And I hate shaving too, once you get into that you have to do it like every day or you're stubbly, and that's itchy and annoying to painful for anyone who happens to have their lips or tongue down there (heheh). The one time I tried a depilatory it irritated my skin (which is not sensitive by any means) and didn't do the job, since I am brunette and have fairly coarse body hair most places, compared to fine-haired blondes anyway.
So I'm seriously considering laser hair removal myself, especially since I also have a faint moustache, just dark enough to be seen in some lights, which is another place laser is a good technique for. It just really bothers me even tho most people don't seem to notice it. (I also wax that on occasion - I shaved once and the stubble was unbearable, even though the hair is very fine.)
[ 03 December 2002: Message edited by: stardragon ]

Nair! The trick to not breaking out is not to shave for 3-4 days in that area beforehand. Then, leave it on for about twice the time it says on the bottle. Then, use a washcloth in a warm bath to wash it off. It will burn those sensitive pink parts, but I just suck it up.

Jamie, when you come out here, we can go to the salon together...as lesbians should...so we can't chicken out

yeeeeeeee-oooooooooooooouuuuuccccccccccchhhhhhhh!
just had my 1st wax done *sob* to fuck it doesn't hurt!! little spots of blood etc. where the hairs were thickest *lip wobble* looks red and raw at the moment but assured that will die down. It does hurt ladies, for your first go, it does!!!
*walks away in John Wayne mode*

My crotch is not happy with any of those options, so i just trim mine and shave the bikini line. I think its lame that so many girls want to look like 9 year olds, but thats just my opinion. Its also cool to bleach it and dye it different colors, i dyed mine red for valentines day :)

two words: Brazilian. Wax.
[ 07 February 2003: Message edited by: Amazon Bee ]

Laser hair removel is crap...
It cost me $300 per visit and that was just for my upper lip and chin! The price goes to 150 after the first 3 visits..WOOHOO :(
Well I suffered for 3 mnths of facial hair for like no rezults! Because you arent allowed to shave or pluck, Just trimming its allowed.
I think the more you shave down there, the less irritated it becomes. I used to shave everyday It was fine, but I let it go a bit sometimes, cuze i get lazy & when Id shave again my bikini area would bleed, turn red, itch.
There is a product, bikini zone. They sell at drugstore, i bought it in the past. That seemed to help alot.
Ill never get my bikini area waxed, OUCH!!!!
im so scared they will rip my skin off 2! I had that happen on my eye brow, now that hurt!
[ 04 December 2002: Message edited by: PREMIUMUNLEADED ]

I actually just got my second Brazilian done a few hours ago. The first time I went I was really nervous (who wouldn't be!?), but it actually was not as bad as I thought.
The girl who waxes me is very nice and she does quite a good job of trying to make me feel as comfy as possible. At the beginning she made it very clear to me that she does Brazilian on average 3 times a day with her oldest client being a 70 year old woman (this in itself made me feel a lot better). Its like going to the gyno (okay so its not as painful), if the waxer is any kind of professional this should be absolutley routine to them. Now, I do realize that no matter what, getting waxed will never be 100% comfortable, getting this into my head from the beginning really made the whole thing a lot easier.
I'm not going to lie...it didn't exactly tickle, but I honestly expected it to be much worse. I think this had something to do with the time I tried to give myself a Brazilian a couple years ago...I don't recommend this. Anyway it hurt a lot more the closer in she went (the very insides of the outer labia were the worst) and I did bleed a little. (I have considerably thick dark pubic hair by the way). She did wax the hair around my ass, and the position I was in (on all fours leaning on my elbows...yeah, a touch embarassing) was a lot more uncomfortable then the hair being removed.
The hair took about 2 weeks before it started growing in, but it definately grew back finer and more sparce so it wasn't anything like the prickly, itchy grow-back I get when I shave. It really wasn't all that bad.
Today when I got it done it only took 30 minutes (the first being almost an hour) and it was definately less painful. Also, the pain lasted only about 20 minutes after I left the salon as opposed to the half-day it followed me around for the first time.
Despite the fact that it will run me $50 + tip every four weeks, I find waxing to be soooooo much better than the shit I had to deal with shaving - I got nasty razor rash, ingrowns, and I couldn't shave more than once every 2 weeks without paying dearly no matter what lotions, razors, astringents, etc. I used.
So...I would recommend 'going brazilian' to
anyone who is at least interested. I hope this was of some help :)
Oh, and to PREMIUMUNLEADED who said "im so scared they will rip my skin off 2", my waxer expianed that she uses a different kind of wax that is different than the kind she used on my legs. Apparently that kind clings to the skin which is okay for the "normal" skin people have on their legs and other places on their bodies. The kind for Brazilians clings only to the hair and not the skin. It was dark blue and she didn't use any cloth strips, when it hardened it just peeled right off. I have had regular bikini waxes before at a different salon and there they used the same wax as they did on my legs and there was considerable bumpage and a raw feel to my skin afterwards. With the brazilian I didn't get any bumps or ingrowns (I also made sure to clean and exfoliate the area at least once a day which is necessary). So, if you do decided to get even just a bikini wax make sure the waxer uses the same kind of wax...oh, and also make sure they have their aesthetician's lisence before they go anywhere near you.
[ 04 December 2002: Message edited by: Astrogirl ]

I do agree with some of the above that I can't afford that much money that often...that's more than my phone bill every mth...:p
So, good tips, and keep em coming of all sorts, and one day when i make more money, i will get all the unwanted hair permanently removed and will be SO SO SO happy :)

first time i had all my hair waxed i was in so much pain i thought id never go back, but it is so much like cleaner i think. but i find that it hurts a lot more about a week before your monthly surprise!

You should all thank your lucky stars that you aren't men. You have ANY idea how hard it is to shave when you've got a penis and two balls to take care of as well? At least you've got a relatively flat canvas to work with.

i get all of mine waxed off, i love the no hair feel, it just seems cleaner, and also makes sexual stuff much more sensual!
when i first had it done i was scared, and it hurt like hell, but i hardly even notice it now, and its not embarrassing, the girl who does mine is really cool and we chat most of the time.

Originally posted by Amazon Bee:
but im fairly certain i can do with out bikini pubes and butt fuzz...
LMFAO!!! Butt fuzz is a bitch! Actually I just got a brazilian wax 4 the 1st time last week, yes I DID bleed. But check out what I learned. If ur a righty, there is more hair on ur left & when u wax, the right hurts more. And the most sensitive part of all was the right groin. And vice versa. I even got my lips waxed & THAT didn't even hurt as much. My lady has a problem with butt hair so she left me clean as a whistle. And girls, my bf LOVED it! And sex...oral or otherwise never felt better!!!