• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Leg pain/restlessness in opiate withdrawal...any ideas for help?

I hate these pills they literally run my entire life 29 year old should not have to worry about counting pills before I'm able to exist for the day. Day 2 detox I'm hurting so bad, sweats are ridiculous. This is my own fault I just don't have access to most of that stuff. My father is Samoan however and I can get 100% pure kava crushed for drinking I may do that today. Any other suggestions I'd appreciate as well!

Ibuprofen during the day and Diphenhydramine or Doxylamine at night, sleep like a baby. If its bad enough some Imodium will ease you WD, Its an opiate, but don't bother chasing a buzz from it. It just wont happen.

PS: Something that might help is strong alcohol, as it increases dopamine in some parts of your CNS (not all) and affects your GABA system similar to benzos which will help you sleep. Use at your own risk though.

Add Gin to tonic water to make it taste better. Alchohol while in withdrawal always made me feel even worse.

restless leg medicine with the main ingredent quinine.

Some people swear by the loperamide and quinine mixture.

I personally just kicked with loperamide and hardly felt any of the WD effects.

Moderate to high doses of gabapentin or preferably Lyrica will take close to 100% of restlessness away. Gabapentin is easy to obtain an Rx for. Lyrica is a little more difficult since it's a controlled substance, but so many people are scribed in the UK and US that it is readily available on the street.

RLS is a dopaminergic imbalance, hence why it occurs during withdrawal. Your spinal cord is used to being bombarded with huge amounts of dopamine, so decides to go spastic when stopped.
I wondered this too, why the legs. I also feel some discomfort in my arms and elbows as well. I am not going through opiate withdrawal , but benzo withdrawal and feel this same symptom. No nausea, or diahrrea, just extreme twitching and pain in my legs. This has been day four. I am still tapering down from my medicine but nothing in the world seems to help this horrible twitching feeling. Wish there was a solution

The amodium a-d with loperamide is one of the best tips for anyone. If you have A partner sex is a great dopa replacement if nothing but for short time but it's worth it for couple hours of sleep and it's sex who don't like that release, and last after the worst is gone and it's the 4-6th day I would say and most of the RLS is gone but still there just enough to bother you prop your legs up on like two or three pillows to sleep. You won't see any advantage of this the first few days because you'll be uncomfortable enough as it is but the last couple of days of the severe wd the pillows under will help, just something to do with your legs being above your heart does help a bit. Sleeping aids will help those last few days also but not the first few cause you don't want to be kept awake with the RLS and feel like crap cause you took sleeping meds too so wait till the end to use them. Good luck to anyone going through WD's.

Off topic but I really hope this fella is still alive. High dose long term loperamide is cardiotoxic as fuck, not to mention the horrific WD

Exercise.

Sadly, no matter how much you exercise it will never stop the general tingling feeling. Opiate addiction and withdrawal effects the nervous system. Deep nerve endings. Although some of the muscles may be affected, exercising will not eliminate RLS, maybe long term it may help improve the effects. However, the discomfort will still be there while in withdrawal. I noticed the only thing that truly helped me was a little bit of muscle rub cream or a lidocaine for an instant relief. Withdrawal is not forever.... However while you are experiencing it...is is pure hell, I slightly doubt anyone would have the 'urge' to exercise during that. They're basically just trying to make it through the night without discomfort