• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Ecstasy The Ultimate Clean, Filter, Acetone Wash & Crystalization

Just so you know, this wash can't take out several of the cuts used in MDMA... it will if it's an organic type of cut (flour, sugar, baking soda), but if they cut it with Methylsulfonylmethane, as is very common with MDMA and methamphetamine, you won't be able to take the cut out.

Oh I know that. I do test my mdma before consuming although I haven't heard of Methylsulfonylmethane, would a marquis test show any signs of that?

EDIT: After a quick google search I would assume not seeing how it is in foods and beverages.

Just so you know, this wash can't take out several of the cuts used in MDMA... it will if it's an organic type of cut (flour, sugar, baking soda), but if they cut it with Methylsulfonylmethane, as is very common with MDMA and methamphetamine, you won't be able to take the cut out.

It wont take out all the cuts but will certainly get a good few. At least the ones that dissolve in acetone.

It will also nicely clean up any of the residue left over from the synth.

I will feature another cleaning process soon that dissolves the MDMA and recrystalizes. Last time we discussed crystals there was some confusion with toad and an infaction point for me so I might PM him or another mod and check MDMA cleaning with crystalization is okay to provide instructions. Its not synth but I dont want any more of these retched points.

When you say organic do you mean a Carbon Atom? if so I dont think this is how this process works. Last time I spoke with Vader I think its more to do with Polar and non Polar Solvents.

An alcohol clean is also the next feature on the list. Wow loads to add now I have some interest on the topic.

:) Happy to hear all my friends back.

I was wondering what happened to you! Honestly this thread is great, I'm now able to have confidence in my dosage which is very important when dosing first timers! Thanks again.

Hello Mr MD yes I truly did get locked up for a while I am now certified mad :D this reminds me I need to chase up streetworx and ecstasydata to finally confirm this 84% / 100% thing and finally put that to bed. With proper cleaning and correct ratio weights you can totally replicate any roll you read about in shulgins books. When we debated it last time it was reckoned shulgin documents 100% and it is assumed ecstasydata and streetworx document 100% but might be 84% just how GC/MS works. Hopefully all will be reveiled soon. I will work on some more MDMA cleaning notes tomorrow.

Also thanks to everyone for all the feedback on here. If possible please report any errors and upload pics of work you have done. Would like to see some before and after shots particularly of a bunk pill turning into a crystal masterpiece :D

Well, I believe this process works by dissolving the amines themselves, but "organic" compounds (impurities from safrole oil or other contaminants that find their way into your crystal) don't dissolve and are filtered out. I believe that's how it works at least..... I'm not sure.

I really don't think that the test centers would only list the weight of the base, I mean, wouldn't the orange 250 bombs have tested for less than 250mg then? If they used 250mg MDMA-HCL there should only be 210mg of MDMA base in there

The defqons (200mg MDMA-HCL) would have only come out at 168mg base MDMA... just doesn't seem right to me.

Recrystalization might not be allowed though.... it could potentially act as a guide for people to cut their MDMA.

If possible please report any errors and upload pics of work you have done. Would like to see some before and after shots particularly of a bunk pill turning into a crystal masterpiece :D

I was debating taking some before and after pictures last time I did it! Didn't in the end but I went from having a brown crystal/powder to having a nice off white crystal/powder. Looking forward to it tomorrow night ;)

Next time I will for sure take some before and after photo's, should be soonish, looking to pick up some more just so I have a small stash.

Well, I believe this process works by dissolving the amines themselves, but "organic" compounds (impurities from safrole oil or other contaminants that find their way into your crystal) don't dissolve and are filtered out. I believe that's how it works at least..... I'm not sure.

Mmmm not to sure me self either. This is a question for Vader or Scure might shed some light. The problem with the acetone wash is if you have large fused crystals then it only gets the outside of the crystal and not the inside. Like you I am not 100% sure chemically how this cleaning process works I only know stuff that will dissolve in Acetone goes and also stuff that you can seperate away from the MDMA crystals can also be got rid of (seperation process). I am sure someone will know more and update the chemistry side of things over time.

I really don't think that the test centers would only list the weight of the base, I mean, wouldn't the orange 250 bombs have tested for less than 250mg then? If they used 250mg MDMA-HCL there should only be 210mg of MDMA base in there

The defqons (200mg MDMA-HCL) would have only come out at 168mg base MDMA... just doesn't seem right to me.

He he - My debating buddy is not lost :D

Well here are a couple of streetworx screenshots of a green lacoste shot one indicates 148.7mG and shot two indicates 215.9mG.

Ecstasy_MDMA_Pill_Lacoste_Defqon.jpg

Ecstasy_Pill_Defqon_Press.jpg

It would seem clear from the pill press, colour, diameter, depth and weight it is from the same lab yet the dose is 67.2mG difference from two batches.

If the inaccuracies from batch to batch is this high what difference is 16% going to make? Are the test centre testing base or HCL I still dont know for sure.

I do accept your point the pills that are rounding at 200mG would appear to be an HCL measurement but then again are the E lab aware of this and making the pills 168mG to cap them out in tests at 200mG?? Who knows. We might know soon.

Recrystalization might not be allowed though.... it could potentially act as a guide for people to cut their MDMA.

Recrystalization is an art form if you are getting nice clean MDMA from the instructions so far imagine a Giant big pure white crystal. It wouldnt have to be a guide to cutting as the guide would only be for cleaning but I dont know where we stand with dissolving MDMA and recrystalizing. It is the ultimate clean. Cleaning is HR and is definitely not synthesis so I would assume it would be okay but I will check with a mod first.

I was debating taking some before and after pictures last time I did it! Didn't in the end but I went from having a brown crystal/powder to having a nice off white crystal/powder. Looking forward to it tomorrow night

Next time I will for sure take some before and after photo's, should be soonish, looking to pick up some more just so I have a small stash.

Nice one Mr MD. Glad the cleaning made some nice clean crystals for you. It is likely the smaller the crystals the cleaner they will become as the surface area is greater for lots of small crystals vs large ones.

1) "Non-polar vs polar" is kind of synonomous with "organic vs water". Calling something "organic" in this context is the same thing as calling it non-polar or is another way of saying that it is much less polar than water. So you could call acetone either an organic solvent or a non-polar solvent. There is a little bit of nuance to the meanings, but for these purposes, they are the same thing. Polar vs non-polar is also a sliding scale, not an on/off switch. Acetone is much less polar than water, but much more polar than hexane.

In terms of polarity: water > acetone > hexane (and there are dozens of other solvents with varying positions on the scale)

Then, to further complicate it:
water and acetone mix to make a homogenous solution
hexane and acetone also mix to make a homogenous solution
BUT
water and hexane do not mix

2) MDMA that has not been made into a salt is non-polar and would thus be soluble in acetone and other more non-polar solvents. But since what people always have is the salt of the amine, it is now an ionic compound. Ionic compounds are generally only soluble in more polar solvents, like water. So when you do a dry acetone wash, leftover reactants, side-products, etc, anything like that from the synthesis are dissolved and wash through the filter. The MDMA salt is insoluble in the acetone, so it stays behind on the filter.

The issue that futura brought up about it only cleaning the outside of the crystals is true, however, the effects of this are very minor, as the crystals are usually very small. Unless you have "moon rocks", the crystals are probably very small and powdery, in which case this will clean them up just fine. If you have large chunks and you want to clean them, you should either crush them up in some way first, or crush them up while they are in the acetone.

^^ Cheers scure. Hope you dont mind the questions.

Right so heres my monkey interpretation. Please correct me if I am wrong. So if the electronegativity charge pulling the electron is equal between two atoms sharing the electron then the molecule is non polar. If the molecule has two atoms with different electronegative charges then the molecule is polar. If the bond is polar its also known as an ionic bond. Is this correct?

If MDMA HCL is an ionic bond (polar) what governs its dissolvability ie will dissolve in water, wont dissolve in acetone I assume it wont dissolve in hexane.

The issue that futura brought up about it only cleaning the outside of the crystals is true, however, the effects of this are very minor, as the crystals are usually very small. Unless you have "moon rocks", the crystals are probably very small and powdery, in which case this will clean them up just fine. If you have large chunks and you want to clean them, you should either crush them up in some way first, or crush them up while they are in the acetone.

Nice advice about crushing them up :)

yes very good in aceton but very hard to dissolve in water

MDMA wont dissolve in Anhydrous Acetone.

If there is any water in the acetone it will dissolve.

I assumed that MDMA will dissolve easily in water. It certainly dissolves in Sodas no problem.

^^ Cheers scure. Hope you dont mind the questions.

Right so heres my monkey interpretation. Please correct me if I am wrong. So if the electronegativity charge pulling the electron is equal between two atoms sharing the electron then the molecule is non polar. If the molecule has two atoms with different electronegative charges then the molecule is polar. If the bond is polar its also known as an ionic bond. Is this correct?

If MDMA HCL is an ionic bond (polar) what governs its dissolvability ie will dissolve in water, wont dissolve in acetone I assume it wont dissolve in hexane.

I don't mind the questions at all - I get to answer and feel like I know something interesting! :p

That interpretation is mostly right, but with just a couple of issues.

All of that about the electronegativity is right, but remember it still isn't an on/off switch. If it is a larger molecule and most of it doesn't have a difference in electronegativity but one piece of it does, it could still lean more towards the non-polar side.

A covalent bond, as opposed to an ionic bond is when two atoms are permanently sharing a pair of electrons between them. Differences in electronegativity result in what is referred to as a partial charge - the two atoms are still sharing the electrons between them, they are just sharing them unequally. The one that holds the electrons closer to it holds a partial negative charge while the other holds a partial positive charge. An IONIC bond is when an atom has lost or gained an electron entirely. An atom that loses an electron becomes an ion with a positive charge, and an atom that gains an electrons becomes an ion with a negative charge. Positive ions are attracted to negative ions and they form a less-permanent bond - that is an ionic bond.

The two molecules in the MDMA.HCl salt are MDMA-H(+) and Cl(-). They are both ions and they are only joined by an ionic bond, so they separate in water, which lets it dissolve. Only the bond between the MDMA-H+ and the Cl- is broken, though. MDMA all by itself (the free base) is all covalent bonds, the majority of which are mostly non-polar, so it is insoluble in water in that form.

I'm not sure whether I'm nitpicking and being annoying or shedding any useful light on what you're actually asking so I'll stop there and wait. :p

If it's pure it should dissolve IMMEDIATELY in water

crystal size can come into play. Its fair to say pure mdma powder, or small crystals will dissolve immediately in water, but large crystal chunks take considerably longer, as with any compound that is very soluble in water. Just like rock salt, sugar, or highly water soluble drug crystals.

Just to be a nit-pick for details =D

haha yeah I should have specified.

To do a solubility purity check just powder some of your MDMA and put it in a small amount of water. Should dissolve immediately then. Hell, even giant re-fused rocks should dissolve pretty quick though. Under 30 seconds I'm sure

Any other drug will probably dissolve too though... so doing this won't tell you if it's MDMA only, just that there's no flour or other random white powders cutting your MDMA

i think that this thread should have more information about proper ventilation and acetone safety in general. i will look some up but it would be nice if people with first hand experience using acetone could write up their tips and experience. i'll start off by saying it smells very strongly and needs to be used in a properly ventilated area. it is also flammable. it might not be so flammable that you can't use it but that's something to keep in mind. it evaporates very quickly. did people already say this here and i missed it? people will try these experiments so there should be lots of information about staying safe. i've read that acetone should not be used while drinking alcohol. aside from being inebriated, i think it has something to do with alcohol being in your lungs and the vapor from the acetone. i am not an expert on this subject in any way.

i think that this thread should have more information about proper ventilation and acetone safety in general. i will look some up but it would be nice if people with first hand experience using acetone could write up their tips and experience. i'll start off by saying it smells very strongly and needs to be used in a properly ventilated area. it is also flammable. it might not be so flammable that you can't use it but that's something to keep in mind. it evaporates very quickly. did people already say this here and i missed it? people will try these experiments so there should be lots of information about staying safe. i've read that acetone should not be used while drinking alcohol. aside from being inebriated, i think it has something to do with alcohol being in your lungs and the vapor from the acetone. i am not an expert on this subject in any way.

The instructions do assume a certain amount of common sense when handling solvents kind of similiar to when handling test reagents such as Marquis.

However you make a very valid point and once I get round to updating the isopropyl cleaning which is coming next I will add a safety notice on there.

Cheers for pointing this out.

another thing is how do you properly dispose of used acetone? i know you can't just pour it down the drain. if you let it evaporate it will make a lot of smelly potentially explosive vapor.

another thing is how do you properly dispose of used acetone? i know you can't just pour it down the drain. if you let it evaporate it will make a lot of smelly potentially explosive vapor.

In the UK you can take it to your local recycle centre this is where they accept car batteries, oil, fluroescent tubes etc, chemicals is also something they will take.

In the USA im not sure. Depends on how much you have. If its watered down you could probably throw it in the toilet and flush. If its litres of the stuff then finding a suitable dumping ground is the key. It will mainly evaporate so i cant see it being too much of a problem.

I would just dilute it 1:1 with water so its not flammable, and let it evaporate outside somewere. Dumping isn't that bad, since acetone, like ethanol is produced naturally in lots of organisms/natural processes, but the contaminants washed from your mdma might be nasties, and pouring pure(ish) dry alcohols into the ground isn't all that great either. Though not that bad really, compared to something like naptha or other hydrocarbon solvents. It will still smell doing it this way, but the water you added will ensure the volatile gases evaporating off are not flammable, as its buffered with a bit of water, like how vodka isn't flammable, but everclear is.

Don't pour it down the drain, its just going to evaporate into the atomsphere anyway, and causing it to take longer to get there by putting it into groundwater is prob not the best way to do it. If your worried about the smell being suspicious, just do it while your painting or some other activity that is a legitimate use of said solvent, to not arouse suspicion if thats the worry.

If you don't have to worry about nosy asshole neighbors who would call the cops on you because they smelled acetone fumes, just mix it with water and let it evap. Dump the water down the drain after it doesn't smell like acetone anymore.

Alcohols aren't really a big enviromental issue as far as evaporating off/dumping, but you should avoid pouring them down the drain though. You also have to consider if the solvent waste disposal people are trained to notify authorites if someone shows up with acetone reaking of safarole. I'd err on the side of caution there.

IDK.. I tried some capsules in '07 that were bomb. They were pretty tan-colored though, and had NO hangover. absolute 0 hangover. I never felt such clean pills!