• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dried Fentanyl Gel

jbuzz

Greenlighter
Anyway to reconstitute this? I have patches sitting around for awhile that used to have gel left over but have dried inside and would like to attempt to use this flakey remains and would like input from others.

Thanks

i don't think you'll be able to use it unless you smoke it which is really bad idea i've done it but it's really bad for you but i smoked gel not dried up shit

I wouldn't try it. I would think its hard to measure an accurate dose.

I have a tolerance higher than any other patient my dr has. I will start small just need an idea how.

^even if you have a high tolerance, you can still OD. The dried remains could have any amount of fent in them and it would be almost impossible to gauge. Be very careful using fent in the manner not prescribed. People with higher tolerances than you have overdosed thinking the same thing.

There's no advice we can give you besides not to do it because it's stupid and reckless. Even telling you that you should start at 100mcg and work your way up from there, this information is useless to you because you don't have the ability to measure a dose that small, nor is mass of fentanyl gel indicative of the actual fentanyl content.

Fentanyl cannot be abused safely in an environment where your vitals and oxygen levels in the blood are not carefully monitored, where you can be intubated and narcan'd if something goes wrong. No matter how high your tolerance is, you have no business abusing fentanyl, when your tolerance gets to the point where you're trying to abuse the gel from fentanyl patches, it is time to seriously reconsider your abuse.

The only way fentanyl should be used is as directed by your physician. Thinking that the laws of CNS depression doesn't apply to you because you think you have a high tolerance is reckless and an easy way to die.

Not really trying to abuse it. I'm one day short from the patches falling off in the shower and just need a solution to get me til tomorrow. It's more to combat withdrawals than to get a high.

Not really trying to abuse it. I'm one day short from the patches falling off in the shower and just need a solution to get me til tomorrow. It's more to combat withdrawals than to get a high.

Looks like you might have to cover the area where the patch is so it doesn't get wet and fall off in the shower.

Tampering with the fentanyl transdermal delivery systems in any way, shape, or form constitutes abuse, and is unsafe.

Call your doctor if your last patch fell off in the shower. Ask your doctor about the special adhesives they make specifically designed for fentanyl patches to make them less flimsy.

Is fentanyl really that bad?

I've ate two 800mcg fentanyl suckers and was fucked up, but not that impressed.

Fentanyl Transdermal System is indeed very dangerous when not used as directed, as my friend Tricomb has stated.
To the OP...I understand Fentanyl withdrawal, having been through it myself. However, your reasons for attempting this don't matter. In the end, it makes no difference wheather you're trying to get high or simply avoid wd's for one day. You (and myself, and anyone else) could easily OD from this. Respiratory depression can occur, no matter your tolerance.
Please remember...there will always be people who (truthfully) say they have done this before and nothing happened. it is a matter of chance, I promise you.
I also understand the issues with water and the patch. I have found that bringing a dry washcloth into the shower with me, and wiping any water that gets on my patch off helps a great deal. sometimes though, the humidity will cause it to come loose from the skin.
If this happens, tape around the edges of the patch help. I use the "fabric" kind...seems to hold better for me.
Not to belittle the fact that you will be 1 day short, but I have always been able to stretch what I have (when need be) for such a short time. Otherwise, my doctor nor pharmacy has ever had a problem filling my patches 1 day early.
If you haven't done so already, OP, don't smoke the patch. And if it's too late and you've already done so, please don't think that just because nothing bad happened this time that it is safe.

I use medical tape. box tape and anything else you can think of to keep them on. When you have to place the patches on the shoulders to absorb into fatty cells the water from the shower just knocks the patch off. Ive tried everything.

Ive read to use a dime shaped size of gel and place on foil or spoon, light underneath and inhale the the smoke given off by this procedure. I did this 4 hours ago and nothing!

Now I normally never use my medicine recreationally as I need it for legit military injuries. When a road side bomb flips your hum v and you severely damage your back you are forced into this cycle of meds.

I honestly hate them, you build a tolerance, you cant increase your dose after awhile, your insurance company doesn't want to pay for the meds nor the morphine pump and the side effects after several years of taking the medicine as prescribed, is horrible!!! Not to mention you get absolutely no positive feelings of euphoria after prolonged usage.

I dont have any other option but was hoping to get an opinion on how to prolong the medicine in the instance Im short.
Now you know my back story, Im not a 20 year old kid looking to get high, Im just an injured vet looking to be normal and work to support my family. Its just becoming more and more difficult!!

P.S. For those kids looking to have fun, do it for a year tops cause the euphoric feeling will wear off and you will be stuck with withdrawals you cant imagine!!! Even while taking the medicine the side effects after awhile are brutal. The medicine causes anxiety so bad you cant control your hands from shaking and are forced to take Xanax, another addictive medicine! If I can give any advise and if you will listen. Use this medicine tops only on weekends and better yet every other weekend or monthly to avoid this viscous cycle. Now I know your young and will do what you want but try to act with you brain for once and heed my warning. You will thank me later.

For those who have some input fop me, thanks in advance for your advice!

JBuzz

I use medical tape. box tape and anything else you can think of to keep them on. When you have to place the patches on the shoulders to absorb into fatty cells the water from the shower just knocks the patch off. Ive tried everything.

Ive read to use a dime shaped size of gel and place on foil or spoon, light underneath and inhale the the smoke given off by this procedure. I did this 4 hours ago and nothing!

Now I normally never use my medicine recreationally as I need it for legit military injuries. When a road side bomb flips your hum v and you severely damage your back you are forced into this cycle of meds.

I honestly hate them, you build a tolerance, you cant increase your dose after awhile, your insurance company doesn't want to pay for the meds nor the morphine pump and the side effects after several years of taking the medicine as prescribed, is horrible!!! Not to mention you get absolutely no positive feelings of euphoria after prolonged usage.

I dont have any other option but was hoping to get an opinion on how to prolong the medicine in the instance Im short.
Now you know my back story, Im not a 20 year old kid looking to get high, Im just an injured vet looking to be normal and work to support my family. Its just becoming more and more difficult!!

P.S. For those kids looking to have fun, do it for a year tops cause the euphoric feeling will wear off and you will be stuck with withdrawals you cant imagine!!! Even while taking the medicine the side effects after awhile are brutal. The medicine causes anxiety so bad you cant control your hands from shaking and are forced to take Xanax, another addictive medicine! If I can give any advise and if you will listen. Use this medicine tops only on weekends and better yet every other weekend or monthly to avoid this viscous cycle. Now I know your young and will do what you want but try to act with you brain for once and heed my warning. You will thank me later.

For those who have some input fop me, thanks in advance for your advice!

JBuzz

JBuzz,

I just want to make sure you understand that I wasn't questioning the fact that you are in pain :)
We all came to be in chronic pain in our own ways, and some of us unfortunately find that only strong meds like Fentanyl help. It's no fun, for sure.
Anyway, I just want you to know we are all in the same boat, and are here to support each other.
But really, nobody can instruct you on this, as there is NO way to know how much you'd be ingesting.
Have you checked with the pharmacy about having it filled one day early?

Tampering with the fentanyl transdermal delivery systems in any way, shape, or form constitutes abuse, and is unsafe.

Call your doctor if your last patch fell off in the shower. Ask your doctor about the special adhesives they make specifically designed for fentanyl patches to make them less flimsy.

I second this.

I have in the past stupidly insufflated fentanyl from patches that I purposely dried out from a fresh patch. I could cut a 25mcg/hour patch into at least eight lines and get more than wasted off of one. I only did this two times, the second time I overdosed (granted other drugs were involved as well, but fentanyl is serious shit as I'm sure you know. Just look at the dosages, the only other opioid that you can find in microgram transdermal dosages is buprenorphine)

There was a time when I used to smoke fentanyl gel all day long, while wearing the matrix patches. Go about my day, (bringing foil, fent and a chaser/straw) then come home and smoke until I turned blue and could not stay conscious long enough to smoke more without burning myself.

Needless to say, it is stupid as fuck, there's no euphoria. It's a VERY cold high. I would get chills all the time and feel sick as I did it, but wouldn't care by the time I was nodding.

So yeah, I don't think fentanyl is very recreational, it's an amazing therapeutic analgesic, but as for abuse, no one has any business fucking with patches.

jbuzz,
How are you doing? What's the verdict ;)? Either way, I hope you're doing alright.
Cat