• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A way to rid my anxiety of picking the wrong psilocybe mushrooms

You'l get sick as fuck the whole trip if you have enough contaminated shrooms. One method a mate used was a slow simmer with 2-3 shopping bags full of gold tops and blue meanies. This was ruduced until the shrooms were pulp. They were then strained and then further reduced and filtered until 700ml was obtained 1-2 drops of this shit would be a threshold experience a slurp and you'd be fucked big time. I think heat can get rid of some of the toxins caused by bacteria/mould infections in shrooms so long slow simmer everytime! Filtration may also help.

Wouldn't the heat needed to evaporate the goop degrade the psilocybin?

^ not necessarily. there are a lot of different extracts you can do.
it may be wasteful to use heat, but i don't think psilocybin or psilocin are that unstable. i may be wrong about this, but i always simmer mushroom tea, ie not quite let it get to boiling.

for the sake of HR it is worth pointing out that these techniques won't necessarily save you from the health risks of eating shrooms that are contaminated or funky. better to be safe than sorry - i have gotten sick from mushies (the cultivated kind, not picked wild) and it really sucks dealing with abdominal pain and vomiting when you are on an intense trip. really kills the magic of the experience...:\

Psyliocybin degrades at 350F. The idea that simmering it will lose potency is outdated. Water at boiling point is oxygen-free and will degrade less quickly than mushrooms drying in front of a fan.

^ Only in the presence of oxygen, if it's simmered slowly with a cover over the pot it will be fine.
You should try to keep the temperature below 60 degree Celcius I remember hearing though, heats higher than this and the degradation rapidly increases.

Essentially what Lovepsychadelics is saying, is a way to make a mushroom glaze just like when you do the same turning a stock into a semi-glaze to a full glaze, I see no reason that it shouldn't work for mushrooms as you can do this with mushroom (referring to ones that you buy from a supermarket) soups to a glaze.

Ideally you would want it to simmer slowly enough so the final product has less than 10% of the amount of water than it had at the start.

Psilocybin melting point - www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_chemistry.shtml

Molecules will not degrade from heat before reaching their melting point - High school science

Water at boiling point contains no disolved oxygen - high school science

Psilo will degrade from oxidation, heat + oxygen will speed this process up. Remove the oxygen any loss is negligable.

350 deg F is a safe temperature. Higher and the psilocin starts to degrade.

Last edited:
How come smoking mushrooms doesn't work then? I'd heard that about 85% of the psilocybin is wasted when smoked. I've personally found this to be more or less accurate. My guess being that this is because whilst inhaling the psilocybin gets heated up combined with additional oxygen as it is smoked. Although you have got me intrigued now.

It would definitly have to do with the fact it is exposed to oxygen. Although there is no definitive studies that show smoking it won't work.

I have heard evidence for both.

Evidence also shows that:

the breaking down of a molecule due to heat works on a log scale

at one point a 10 degree increase in heat will increase degredation 10 fold

at a point higher than that you will almost certainly destroy all molecules almost instantly

and at some point below that, you could cook for days and have little degredation - my science notes

So if degredation is increasing 10 fold due to heat, which in turn speeds up oxidation, you'll pretty much instantly vapourise any psilo. That's if you are using a jet lighter.

Last edited:
thanks for the info! i was confused between the fact you can simmer/boil your tea as opposed to not being able to smoke mushroom. not sure what putting a lid on while your simmering will do though

reducing goldies or cubes down to a slush would be good to cap...wouldnt really need to do that with subs cause they are potent enough and you can dry grind and pack enough into 00 caps for a light trip.

iv had a bag of subs for a good 10 months with very very little reduction in potency, they would have been in contact with oxygen everytime my hot little hand went into the bag for a snack...they are temperamental little buggers

i wonder if there is a chant or dance that has been lost over the ages...a ceremonial thankyou to the fungus gods

^ dried shrooms protect the actives by encasing them in the cells of the dried fungus. this is why dry mushies keep for so long without degradation if stored correctly

iv had a bag of subs for a good 10 months with very very little reduction in potency, they would have been in contact with oxygen everytime my hot little hand went into the bag for a snack...they are temperamental little buggers

The good thing with this is that it's prolonged exposure that will cause any noticable degredation.

Also, the 'goldies' you refer to are gold tops right? Which are actually cubesis mushrooms. I have noticed that it gets very confusing when using 'slang' names for shrooms as Cubes are sometimes called blue meanies (which are actially pan cyans).

Australia has 3 main active mushrooms, psilo subbs, psilo cubes (gold tops) and pan cyans (blue meanies)

yeh but it doesnt work for shit with cubes...last year was a great cubes season round here lasted for months and months i tried drying them cracker dry with dehydrator then vac sealing...they didnt last 1 month i was super pissed...seems the woodier subs that grow on chips are much denser / tighter so they probably do seal up much tighter...

had some lsd on the weekend but im getting keen for some more mushroom magic.

all the hippies round here call cubensis goldies...and they look like goldies to me...i mean they have a gold top...we get fairy rings of goldies in our yard.

im going to keep calling them goldies...thanks for your concern though...i though goldies were cubensis, meanies were cyans, and subs were the best :)

have you heard of paul stamets? i found australias in the blue mountains one time, dried them with a hippo, they were tasty and strong, almost looked like a cross between subs and cyans, growing on wood chips but they were tall and thin with a light greyish colour dark blue bruising

sorry for double post delete my rambling bs if need be cheers