• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Moonrock Molly

someone once told me never to buy "mdma" if it was straightline crystal shards...so this source was pretty much correct?

Unless you have isolated R or S isomers of MDMA then this information is very correct. You cannot form crystal shards from Racemic MDMA.

Having R or S isolated MDMA Crystal would be very rare indeed.

There is some debate to suggest it might be in some pills. AKA the Defqon "DANCE" for example. One theory suggests the defqon is balanced 70:30 (70 being S to make the pill more dancey) (this is only a theory)

There are a selected few who get to experience resolved R and S MDMA isomers. One way to achieve this experience is synthesise your own MDMA and isolate the isomers. This is exactly what happens in the write up below from the master himself.

If you took an interest in chemistry you could theoretically isolate the isomers from what you have. You would then have 500mG of R and 500mG of S. Its not easy to do I am told :)

Scroll to the bottom of this write up Shulgin explains what taking an S-MDMA or R-MDMA feels like ;)

#109 MDMA
MDM; ADAM; ECSTASY; 3,4-METHYLENEDIOXY-N-METHYLAMPHETAMINE
DOSAGE: 80 - 150 mg.

DURATION: 4 - 6 h.

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS: (with 100 mg) MDMA intrigued me because everyone I asked, who had used it, answered the question, 'What's it like?' in the same way: 'I don't know.' 'What happened?' 'Nothing.' And now I understand those answers. I too think nothing happened. But something seemed changed. Before the 'window' opened completely, I had some somatic effects, a tingling sensation in the fingers and temples--a pleasant sensation, not distracting. However, just after that there was a slight nausea and dizziness similar to a little too much alcohol. All these details disappeared as I walked outside. My mood was light, happy, but with an underlying conviction that something significant was about to happen. There was a change in perspective both in the near visual field and in the distance. My usually poor vision was sharpened. I saw details in the distance that I could not normally see. After the peak experience had passed, my major state was one of deep relaxation. I felt that I could talk about deep or personal subjects with special clarity, and I experienced some of the feeling one has after the second martini, that one is discoursing brilliantly and with particularly acute analytical powers.

(with 100 mg) Beforehand, I was aware of a dull, uncaring tiredness that might have reflected too little sleep, and I took a modest level of MDMA to see if it might serve me as a stimulant. I napped for a half hour or so, and woke up definitely not improved. The feeling of insufficient energy and lack of spark that I'd felt before had become something quite strong, and might be characterized as a firm feeling of negativity about everything that had to be done and everything I had been looking forward to. So I set about my several tasks with no pleasure or enjoyment and I hummed a little tune to myself during these activities which had words that went: 'I shouldn't have done that, oh yes, I shouldn't have done that, oh no, I shouldn't have done that; it was a mistake.' Then I would start over again from the beginning. I was stuck in a gray space for quite a while, and there was nothing to do but keep doing what I had to do. After about 6 hours, I could see the whole mental state disintegrating and my pleasant feelings were coming back. But so was my plain, ornery tiredness. MDMA does not work like Dexedrine.

(with 120 mg) I feel absolutely clean inside, and there is nothing but pure euphoria. I have never felt so great, or believed this to be possible. The cleanliness, clarity, and marvelous feeling of solid inner strength continued throughout the rest of the day, and evening, and through the next day. I am overcome by the profundity of the experience, and how much more powerful it was than previous experiences, for no apparent reason, other than a continually improving state of being. All the next day I felt like 'a citizen of the universe' rather than a citizen of the planet, completely disconnecting time and flowing easily from one activity to the next.

(with 120 mg) As the material came on I felt that I was being enveloped, and my attention had to be directed to it. I became quite fearful, and my face felt cold and ashen. I felt that I wanted to go back, but I knew there was no turning back. Then the fear started to leave me, and I could try taking little baby steps, like taking first steps after being reborn. The woodpile is so beautiful, about all the joy and beauty that I can stand. I am afraid to turn around and face the mountains, for fear they will overpower me. But I did look, and I am astounded. Everyone must get to experience a profound state like this. I feel totally peaceful. I have lived all my life to get here, and I feel I have come home. I am complete.

(with 100 mg of the "R" isomer) There were the slightest of effects noted at about an hour (a couple of paresthetic twinges) and then nothing at all.

(with 160 mg of the "R" isomer) A disturbance of baseline at about forty minutes and this lasts for about another hour. Everything is clear by the third hour.

(with 200 mg of the "R" isomer) A progression from an alert at thirty minutes to a soft and light intoxication that did not persist. This was a modest +, and I was at baseline in another hour.

(with 60 mg of the "S" isomer) The effects began developing in a smooth, friendly way at about a half-hour. My handwriting is OK but I am writing faster than usual. At the one hour point, I am quite certain that I could not drive, time is slowing down a bit, but I am mentally very active. My pupils are considerably dilated. The dropping is evident at two hours, and complete by the third hour. All afternoon I am peaceful and relaxed, but clear and alert, with no trace of physical residue at all. A very successful ++.

(with 100 mg of the "S" isomer) I feel the onset is slower than with the racemate. Physically, I am excited, and my pulse and blood pressure are quite elevated. This does not have the 'fire' of the racemate, nor the rush of the development in getting to the plateau.

(with 120 mg of the "S" isomer) A rapid development, and both writing and typing are impossible before the end of the first hour. Lying down with eyes closed eliminates all effects; the visual process is needed for any awareness of the drug's effects. Some teeth clenching, but no nystagmus. Excellent sleep in the evening.

With MDMA, the usual assignments of activity to optical isomers is reversed from all of the known psychedelic drugs. The more potent isomer is the "S" isomer, which is the more potent form of amphetamine and methamphetamine. This was one of the first clear distinctions that was apparent between MDMA and the structurally related psychedelics (where the "R" isomers are the more active). Tolerance studies also support differences in mechanisms of action. In one study, MDMA was consumed at 9:00 AM each day for almost a week (120 milligrams the first day and 160 milligrams each subsequent day) and by the fifth day there were no effects from the drug except for some mydriasis. And even this appeared to be lost on the sixth day. At this point of total tolerance, there was consumed (on day #7, at 9:00 AM) 120 milligrams of MDA and the response to it was substantially normal with proper chronology, teeth clench, and at most only a slight decrease in mental change. A complete holiday from any drug for another 6 days led to the reversal of this tolerance, in that 120 milligrams of MDMA had substantially the full expected effects. The fact that MDMA and MDA are not cross-tolerant strengthens the argument that they act in different ways, and at different sites in the brain.

Last edited:
The best place to get MDMA crystals is in the back of a nail salon. You know why? There are bottles of acetone everywhere!!!! :)

you know those vietnamese nail ladies import the best MDMA moonrocks. They get the sassafras from Asia, just like the black tar 8)

next time im there, assuming this is MDMA, i am going to ask

otherwise if its not MDMA I assume you are returning with a gun.

You can then copy Walt & Jessie - execute him and use all his chemicals to melt him in a barrel :D

otherwise if its not MDMA I assume you are returning with a gun.

You can then copy Walt & Jessie - execute him and use all his chemicals to melt him in a barrel :D

hahaha...no more breaking bad references i havent seen season 5 yet :x

i would never in my life consider killing this guy....i would be dead in 2 days

it is unlikely anyone bothers seperating MDMA isomers hence why most MDMA is assumed to be Racemic (ie contains equal amount of both isomers)

I'm not so sure nobody bothers separating isomers... Surely there's got to be at least one super-lab somewhere out there with some well paid college-educated chemists who do ;)

after all, from what you quoted from shulgin, and what I know about d-amp and l-amp, d-methamp and l-methamp, it seems the levo-MDMA is pretty much garbage, probably more of an impurity than anything.

Last edited:
The methylamine train robbery in season 5 was kind of ridiculous.

The weird thing is if Walt is such a chemistry master why doesnt he just synth his own methylamine?

Mike gets killed as well so all in all not as good as some of the other seasons.

None the less I do love this series.

i would never in my life consider killing this guy....i would be dead in 2 days

On a serius note I am interested to know what all the acetone is for. My money is on recrystalization of some kind. If its that he may well not tell you of course.

If he is a super nice dealer he might be using it to make all your MDMA clean and white :) although I cant personally see why he would bother.

A lot of chemical to be hanging around for no $$.

Hello Severely :)

I'm not so sure nobody bothers separating isomers... Surely there's got to be at least one super-lab somewhere out there with some well paid college-educated chemists who do

I reckon the "defqon DANCE" might be unbalanced in some way 70:30 maybe S:R

Your site seems to suggest users find them "Dancey"

Funny that ;)

it has some sort of faint smell...its hard for me to tell...

rather than an aniseed smell does it smell of acetone?

wiff some nail varnish remover and compare.

The methylamine train robbery in season 5 was kind of ridiculous.

The weird thing is if Walt is such a chemistry master why doesnt he just synth his own methylamine?

Mike gets killed as well so all in all not as good as some of the other seasons.

None the less I do love this series.

youre pretty knowledgeable and smart but you just lost all my respect because i clearly said i havent seen season 5 and you just spilled mad shit on season 5....douche nozzle

gonna just assume you didnt read my post....take a deep breath....and try not to hate your life

If he is a super nice dealer he might be using it to make all your MDMA clean and white :) although I cant personally see why he would bother.

A lot of chemical to be hanging around for no $$.

in all honesty, one of the nicest guys i know, real upfront, no bs, almost looks like he could have been a nerd at one point in life.... he claims 99.7% purity

youre pretty knowledgeable and smart but you just lost all my respect because i clearly said i havent seen season 5 and you just spilled mad shit on season 5....douche nozzle

gonna just assume you didnt read my post....take a deep breath....and try not to hate your life

Douche Nozzle it is :D

Here is the link if anyone doesnt have it:

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/breaking_bad/

in all honesty, one of the nicest guys i know, real upfront, no bs, almost looks like he could have been a nerd at one point in life.... he claims 99.7% purity

Claim being the operative word lol. 84% would be the highest purity possible from MDMA Hydrochloride salt.

get a marquis kit and let me know how it tests.

hey if you want I can tell you how mike gets killed :p

o_O and don't wanna spoil the end of episode 8, when hank... hahaha nah I won't spoil it for you ;)

Claim being the operative word lol. 84% would be the highest purity possible from MDMA Hydrochloride salt. .

Theoretically 84% pure MDMA is 99+% MDMA HCl though.

So 99.7% MDMA HCl is as pure as it gets.

I wonder if it's possible to get higher % by mixing freebase and MDMA HCl... Obviously it wouldn't be stable, but >84% MDMA

Claim being the operative word lol. 84% would be the highest purity possible from MDMA Hydrochloride salt.

No. The purity of MDMA HCL (the substance you want to ingest) can be 99.7%

The purity of MDMA in the MDMA HCL is what can only be a maximum of 84%, but then why would a dealer care about the measurement of that, they'd care about how much of their MDMA HCL is MDMA HCL

No. The purity of MDMA HCL (the substance you want to ingest) can be 99.7%

The purity of MDMA in the MDMA HCL is what can only be a maximum of 84%,

This is not correct.

A given sample of MDMA HCL crystal can only contain max 84% weight of MDMA molecules. Thus it can only ever be 84% pure.

The additional 16% weight is made up of Hydrochloric Acid molecules

Where the mistake is made > MDMA HCl is not a molecule. It is an ionic bond between Hydrochloric Acid and MDMA. Both molecules retain their seperate formation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionic_bond

but then why would a dealer care about the measurement of that, they'd care about how much of their MDMA HCL is MDMA HCL

The dealer in question has bottles of chemicals around his house and is serving up what looks to be very pure MDMA Crystal. I suspect he is very aware of ionic bonds and by all accounts looks like he might be into crystalization also.

This is how the thread started really trying to figure out what all the acetone was for. :)

I wonder if it's possible to get higher % by mixing freebase and MDMA HCl... Obviously it wouldn't be stable, but >84% MDMA

All the salts I have looked at MDMA Phosphate, Citrate, Acetate, Sulfate etc all have heavier acid molecules.

I think that hydrochloric Acid is the lightest salt bonding molecule. As a result 84% is the strongest you can get.

Other salts would be weaker MDMA>ACID weight ratios.

The reason HCL is selected is because it is most stable and also less hygroscopic (ie water attracting).

Other MDMA salts are prone to attract water. Here is a pic of MDMA tartrate. The sludgey is because of the water attraction from the bond.

Salts also effect absorption speeds ie they give you a different buzz :) YUMMY..

mdma_tartrate_2.jpg

MDMA Tartrate (less pure than MDMA HCl) (Tartric Acid Molecule is Heavier)

Last edited:

Dude, I feel for you. As someone that is often behind on many different series, spoilers are a bitch. I hate the internet sometimes, too much fucking information for own good...

I also wondered about MDMA Freebase any way of somehow getting 100% MDMA and being able to take this?

Unfortunately this would involve necking a shot of Xylene, DCM or equivilaint and probably not the best of ideas.

You also have the problem of the purity now being a mix of Xylene and MDMA insted of MDMA + Acid.

I wonder if a person could tolerate just the correct amount of Xylene + MDMA in freebase form.

I dont know how poisonous Xylene would be? There are other solvents that could be used such as Toluene.

I wonder what kind of buzz this would produce?

HR Warning do not try this! This is just a theory :D :D

This is not correct.

A given sample of MDMA HCL crystal can only contain max 84% weight of MDMA molecules. Thus it can only ever be 84% pure.

The additional 16% weight is made up of Hydrochloric Acid molecules

Where the mistake is made > MDMA HCl is not a molecule. It is an ionic bond between Hydrochloric Acid and MDMA. Both molecules retain their seperate formation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionic_bond

I said the purity of MDMA HCL in a sample can be 99+%. When the dealer said his stuff is 99.7% pure, he most likely meant that it is 99.7% pure MDMA HCL as that's all that matters. If you have a sample of MDMA and you want to do a dose of 120mg, and you know your stuff is 99.7% MDMA HCL then you take 120mg of that sample. MDMA HCL is the most common crystaline form of MDMA because a sample of 100% MDMA HCL as the most MDMA (84%), so it's unlikely his MDMA is a different salt.

Unless we're going really deep into chemistry it's acceptable to say a sample of MDMA is 99% pure, because it's almost definitely going to be MDMA HCL. All we care about is whether our MDMA HCL is adulterated or contains any impurities.

The whole 84% argument is so pedantic and trivial - no one who actually does chemistry OR pharmacology would get so hung up on such a non-issue. Yes, it is 84% if you look at it one way, and 99+% if you look at it another. However, for someone who is actually doing chemistry, the appropriate point of view will be obvious. For a person who is using the drug, only the 99+% point of view is EVER relevant.

When the dealer said his stuff is 99.7% pure, he most likely meant that it is 99.7% pure MDMA HCL

I suspect he is quoting 99.7% pure to sell his product. In other words he is telling the user this stuff is strong as fuck! In reality it does not contain 99.7% of MDMA because its a salt and by its very nature is not as strong as he claims.

as that's all that matters.

In dealer talk maybe it does. It would seem false info & hype sell.

I personally prefer real FACTS. The fact is 84% of a given mass of MDMA HCL is CNS active. The other 16% is "Hydrochloric Acid" its effectively an inert filler.

If you have a sample of MDMA and you want to do a dose of 120mg, and you know your stuff is 99.7% MDMA HCL then you take 120mg of that sample.

How do you know your stuff is 99.7% HCL. The answer is you dont. You have no idea of impurity, no idea of how much water has been absorbed by the crystal. There are loads of unknowns. You measure out 120mG as a rough approximation.

What about if you see a pill on ecstasydata.org measuring 120mG is that also okay to take? Or is it infact 142mG of MDMA HCL because the GC/MS is only measuring the MDMA molecule? Does anyone in reality care?

When we tell a user on BL. Go ahead limit yourself to 150mG what to we actually mean? What were actually saying is test the MDMA crystal (doesnt test for purity), then weigh up 150mG and take. In reality the user is likely to be taking anything from 50mG - 126mG of pure MDMA molecule. The rest ranges from acid molecule in the bond, impurities, cuts etc. A dealer suggesting that this is going to be nearer 149.55mG of pure MDMA is just simply bs.

MDMA HCL is the most common crystaline form of MDMA because a sample of 100% MDMA HCL as the most MDMA

The weight of Hydrochloric Acid in the bond has nothing to do with why HCL is selected.

Its the most common salt form because

(1) Its one of the easier crystals to crash or form

(2) its non hygroscopic

(3) its the most stable

Unless we're going really deep into chemistry it's acceptable to say a sample of MDMA is 99% pure, because it's almost definitely going to be MDMA HCL.

I dont see it as deep chemistry.

This is not an accurate thing to say because its not 99% pure MDMA. 16% of the mass by physical default is NOT MDMA.

Saying the following is more accurate:

A sample of MDMA is usually an HCL salt

In its HCL form the mass of MDMA is 84% (84% pure)

All we care about is whether our MDMA HCL is adulterated or contains any impurities.

The only way your going to know about synth impurities is with very serious forensic analysis.

9/10 chance with inert adulterant you will have no idea its even there

9/10 chance the MDMA will be not as pure as you think.

The term "moon rock" discussed earlier in this thread is a great example. Once explained to the OP what a moon rock actually was he is no longer fooled by the dealer BS.

A moon rock is not 99% pure. It is not a monster crystal. It is a salt that can be no more than 84% pure MDMA that has been fused together to make it appear bigger.

Everyone deserves to know these facts. Assuming 99% pure MDMA in my opinion is a bad assumption to be making. Unless of course your drinking shots of MDMA freebase :D

The illicit world we are operating in is riddled with hurdles, trickery, inaccuracies why make it worse with more assumptions.

At least users should have an understanding of how a salt bond is created and why only so much MDMA molecule is in the crystal. How they then decide to exchange quantitive data is up to them.

At the end of the day when you are taking 120mG crystal MDMA I doubt you actually taking exactly 120mG

When you take a 120mG pill measured on Edata is it 120mG is it 142mG.

In the grand sceme of things is + or - 30mG that important probably not.

What is important is understanding facts so that we arent tricked by dealers.

The whole 84% argument is so pedantic and trivial

If you think it is so pedantic and trivial why are you joining in the discussion???

For a person who is using the drug, only the 99+% point of view is EVER relevant.

As there is no accurate way for testing for purity is any % of purity mass relevant to the user?

The only relevance is the theory. Based on theory there is no such thing as 99% pure MDMA in salt.

Last edited: