• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

It's Friday ....but don't tell Beccy

Of all the people getting down on marriage I think SHM is the only legitimate one here. I think the rest of you will crack like MM. I bet PTCH even has a secret account set up just waiting for that special lady.
Newp. I'm legit too. Had a very happy 11 year relationship and didn't marry. Wont be marrying for this one either.

My parents are still married and coming up to Diamond or whatever the fuck it is.

My wedding was 8-10k. It would have only been more if we'd had the reception at one of the pricier hotels, but we found a well nice restaurant which was good. The biggest rip off of the lot is being expected to spend the equivalent of 1-2 months salary on a fucking engagement ring! Who in their right mind would save an entire year to buy a sparkly ring? I'm glad my wife's got common sense and doesn't expect a ring costing as much as the wedding.

Aye nothing says I love you more than an overpriced mineral extracted with slave-like labour.

I havent posted on here in fuckin ages- been busy with work and so on.

Couldnt think of a better time to mention the fact I will be getting married next year. None of you cuntos are invited (particularly PTCH).

Its stressfull as fuck, will cost a fortune, requires phoning/emailing Italy a couple of times a week and im not even getting married until next year. I decided to hire someone help organize it. Im goini get pelters for this and rightly so,,, a wedding planner! Fuck I cant help but laugh as i write it. However, I am getting married in italy and there are all sorts of difficulties organising guests from the uk, legal documentation, and an entire wedding to be planned in Italy. To add to the difficulties I no longer live in Scotland and have to coordintate things from Australia.

The girlfriend takes to do with organising most of it and thats fine by me.

With regard to the cost I will be spending well over the average cost quoted in this thread.

Ive not invited a lot of family members. I will have a group of my mates there and some immediate family. I will have been away from Glasgow for 2 years by the time I meet up with them and that will be nice.

What's wrong with Vegas?
Spunk on her tits and you have a happy ending as well.

I havent posted on here in fuckin ages- been busy with work and so on.

Couldnt think of a better time to mention the fact I will be getting married next year. None of you cuntos are invited (particularly PTCH).

Its stressfull as fuck, will cost a fortune, requires phoning/emailing Italy a couple of times a week and im not even getting married until next year. I decided to hire someone help organize it. Im goini get pelters for this and rightly so,,, a wedding planner! Fuck I cant help but laugh as i write it. However, I am getting married in italy and there are all sorts of difficulties organising guests from the uk, legal documentation, and an entire wedding to be planned in Italy. To add to the difficulties I no longer live in Scotland and have to coordintate things from Australia.

The girlfriend takes to do with organising most of it and thats fine by me.

With regard to the cost I will be spending well over the average cost quoted in this thread.

Ive not invited a lot of family members. I will have a group of my mates there and some immediate family. I will have been away from Glasgow for 2 years by the time I meet up with them and that will be nice.

Are you fucking mad? Both for getting married and getting married in Italy when you live in Aus....oh and spending more than £22k on it.

Even last year I would have told someone to fuck off if they told me I would be getting married in Italy in 2013.

Things just have a way of working out I suppose....

Vegas would have been great, but Italy offers something completely different. It makes sense for us to choose somewhere in Europe- no cunt wud have wanted a 28 hour flight to Sydney. We didn't want to get married in Scotland.

It is a huge expense, but so fuck.

"Even last year I would have told someone to fuck off... but now that I'm well & truly under the thumb I have no choice"

had a vallied up weekend playing star wars the old republic.. spliffs, cider n lightsabers. what more could a sane, drug-fond nerd want?

"Even last year I would have told someone to fuck off... but now that I'm well & truly under the thumb I have no choice"

Haha yeah right. My idea of a wedding (even though I think the whole notion is a bit old hat but then I am relatively young) would be to have a meal with family and a few close friends in a restaraunt or something and then an actual party in a field with a band or two and some friends DJing to celebrate. Would rather save the astronomical figure of £20k to go towards enjoying time with my new wife than spunking it all on one day.
You don't need to put yourself in debt to *show* someone how much you care about them and it's a terrible notion that's shoved in peoples faces from magazines, adverts and television that people should take no notice of.

Think what you can do with £20k, anyone spending it on one day to get a silly piece of paper that doesn't mean anything is a mong.

Think what you can do with £20k

Like going to SE Asia and chasing birds that are riddled?? Spunking it up some cowbag in Thailand?

One day Spade,,,,,,, when you are all grown up, you will realise that sometimes you have to think about someone other than yourself and what they want may be different from you.

Sure I agree spending that amount of cash is a bit excessive, but as i said before so fuck. Its not like I have put myself in debt to do it, or that im doing it because its in a magazine.

Ooooh someone has thrown the toys out the pram! :D

One day Spade,,,,,,, when you are all grown up, you will realise that sometimes you have to think about someone other than yourself and what they want may be different from you.

So what you're saying is you don't actually want this but your bird does and you're so under the thumb you can't say no? :D

So if you're not getting into any debt for it, you've just got a spare £20k lying around have you? Must be rolling in it since you went to Aus, that fruit picking must pay a fortune. ;)

I' against the principle of marriage (well the cost for one day) but if I was with a girl who had her heart set on a wedding then I would do it as that's the person you wanna spend the rest of your life with and making them happy should come before anything else..money included

if I was with a girl who had her heart set on a wedding then I would do it as that's the person you wanna spend the rest of your life with and making them happy should come before anything else..money included

Exactly the point I was making. If thats really what she wants then why the fuck not. I wouldnt say I have a spare 25 k lying around but the financing of it is not a major issue either.

She didnt make any fuss when I had all my moon unit mates in the house oot there nut swallowing pills on a sunday morning. To her thats fuckin absurd behaviour. Yet, when she wants a wedding with all the trimmings ive to suddenly say - no you cant have/do that?? Even when its not that big a deal to do it..

Think what you can do with £20k, anyone spending it on one day to get a silly piece of paper that doesn't mean anything is a mong.

If that were the case, you would be right, however for some people getting married and the day itself means so much more.

For some it is the biggest event in their life and marks the start of a whole new chapter where they begin to build their own family, have children and continue the most central part of our human existence.

I don't think that any of those things are exclusive to marriage but for many it is symbolic of their long term commitment to another, the price is really not relevant....."a mong" ...really is that the best you can manage...sneering at other peoples happiness:\

^
Agree and congratulations GlasgowE :) That's great news for you 2, you're both delighted and that's what's important.

Just remember the likes of Spade and parttime though in their mid-to-late 20's have never has a relationship - they haven't a fucking clue.

Why is this thread still here on a Tuesday?

Shall we take it over to gibberings..?

Can I just say though..

Congratulations Glasgow!..and its up to you and the Mrs what kind of wedding you have and how much you spend on it. Take no notice of Spade hes like bleeding Victor Meldrew. :D

I always fancied a wedding in a forest somewhere with flowers decorating the trees. I might still do it who knows? I could always weave a bit of ivy round my zimmer frame.

Last edited:
Exactly the point I was making. If thats really what she wants then why the fuck not. I wouldnt say I have a spare 25 k lying around but the financing of it is not a major issue either.

She didnt make any fuss when I had all my moon unit mates in the house oot there nut swallowing pills on a sunday morning. To her thats fuckin absurd behaviour. Yet, when she wants a wedding with all the trimmings ive to suddenly say - no you cant have/do that?? Even when its not that big a deal to do it..

Dont listen to the rest of em, get married, have a great day Then worry about money, at the end of the day its only bits of fucking paper