• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Different Shades of MDMA Powder/crystals

I was always under the impression pills in Aus there are a lot of bunks like in USA. I have never seen a recorded E lab on this scale before. Maybe times have changed.

I would appreciate it if someone can confirm if this theory about pills there is right or wrong?

Judging by this lab you have as many super pills as Holland :D

the article you linked was from 7 years ago, when top-notch pills were easy to come by in australia. these days it's very hit-and-miss from what i read on these boards. if somebody offered me a pill, i wouldn't even consider it without having tested or at least researched the pressing.
things seem to be a little better in 2012 than they were in the 3 or so years prior, but all the same - research chems and piperazines abound.
i haven't taken ecstasy in over 5 years, but in the 7ish years before then, i never came across a dud pill - and this is before i had discovered the world of pill reports websites and so on.
ecstasy became a really common drug in australia in the late 90s/early 2000s. i used to know a lot of people that would never take drugs who would happily drop an e. i mean people that had never smoked pot, who were scared of acid and had every media stereotype firmly implanted in their minds about things like heroin. the risk for these sorts of people seemed low, because most pills were reliably good - at least in my experience.
the bust in the article was probably one of the things that contributed to the drought australia experienced. that and the australian federal police busting a safrole harvesting operation in cambodia. (http://www.afp.gov.au/media-centre/news/afp/2010/february/cambodia-drug-burn)

Interesting read, am I the only one who caught on to this

http://www.hawkesburygazette.com.au/news/local/news/general/biggest-ecstasy-lab-ever/442011.aspx said:
Around 4.20pm on November 9, firefighters responded to a call of smoke coming from a unit in a factory complex on Wellington Road.

Wishing i had some greenery right about now :p

he bust in the article was probably one of the things that contributed to the drought australia experienced. that and the australian federal police busting a safrole harvesting operation in cambodia.

hello space thanks for all the info and link. That factory must have been supplying a large chunk of Australia. The scale of the equipment just in the background looks like the Mexican Superlabs that feed the USA with Meth.

Strange choice to make however operating on that scale. I am sure it would be quite difficult to lie low. The number of staff etc would all contribute to risk. In mexico it makes sense with the corrupt government but in Australia knocking out that quantity just seems crazy.

What is the deal there? Bunk pills are normally driven by harsh law enforcement. I assume getting caught in Australia making Bart Simpson pills loaded with piperazine would present less of a sentance than a manufacturing and pressing MDMA lab. I am amazed that things cant be smuggled in as you are effectively a monster island seems like there would be a lot of coast to get supplies in.

I guess if Asia dont make it you rely on Europe smuggling and its a long way by boat :D

I watch an Aus customs doc here in UK. Looks like the customs are switched on although tv could mean anything.

Seems you have a big meth problem there also. I see lots of P2P being smuggled in sofas, bean cans and the like.

I also notice a lot of vendors of silk road refuse to post to aus. Not sure if i would fancie my chances being an SR supplier from Aus. Would feel like a bit of a sitting duck and the demand I could only imagine what it would be like. It would be like holding a giant cow dung amongst a swarm of flys :D

i don't know, there are a lot of contributing factors.
meth is profitable in australia due to high demand and very high prices. it seems like there are ongoing turf wars between rival gangs in a couple of our major cities (melbourne's underworld went ballistic about a decade ago, sydney is doing the same at present) which i suppose has something to do with the huge amounts of money these organisations stand to make.
there are rival groups, from ethnic gangs to bikers that play a big part in the australian drug scene.

as for the idea that people would get a lighter penalty for pressing up piperazine pills; i'm pretty sure this is not the case.
if you are passing something off as 'ecstasy', you are likely to be charged with manufacturing/supplying/possessing MDMA. i might be wrong about this, but i am pretty sure it is the case.

we do have a lot of uninhabited coastline, but there are also enormous distances to be covered. i'm sure plenty of things are smuggled in by sea in this way, and there have certainly been busts of this nature -
http://articles.cnn.com/2001-07-28/world/aust.drugshaul_1_colombians-cocaine-smugglers?_s=PM:asiapcf
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pong_Su_incident

it's hard to say what happened to MDMA in this country (and so many others). my guess is that the increased squeeze on precursor chemicals by law enforcement - in combination with the rise in availability of cheap, easily sourced research chemicals - has made the risks of manufacture too great for many people.
our customs and quarantine are amongst the strictest in the world - hence internet vendors being reluctant to send things here.
i guess from an organised crime point of view, the glory days of ecstasy are over because there is easier money to be made in other areas.
anyway, we are getting majorly off-topic here.

the rise of MDMA in crystalline form seems to be a response to the demand but also the downfall of pills as a trustworthy form for selling the drug. people who were introduced to this drug in brightly coloured, logo-bearing pills are faced with the choice of gambling on what they know (risking a cocktail of god-knows-what) or seeking out molly.

the message of "get a testing kit" may have become a harm minimisation cliche, but it's never been more essential.
we've had a couple of people die after allegedly taking pills (PMA?) in recent times, and we know that there are some greedy, unethical people out there looking to make a quick buck. not everybody who manufactures drugs has good intentions - and there is no quality control or regulation whatsoever. at the end of the day it is every one of us (drug users) who have to take responsibility for our actions.
eating random pills in 2012 is really reckless.

Last edited:
^^ words > great post.

thanks for taking the time to write that spacejunk very interesting for me.

You are right however I digress.

Let us now help our friend out the OP Mr Sabitor

For test kit info:

For all tests:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Drug_testing_reagents

For MDMA esk tablets

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pill_testing

Im from ED so I dunno how EZ and DS fare for posting stuff to Aussie but both sites will give you an idea. I am sure someone here can advise you about Aussie kit purchase better than I.

In regards to other colours of rocks or better still salt crystals. MD-P2P is yellowey brown, Nitromethane is yellowey, safrol oil is yellowey brown and sassafras oil is sort of yellowey sometimes brown also.

As you can see lots of yellows and browns in the mix. Funny that huh ;)

Heres a few illustrations to make my point.

Sassafras_Bark.jpg

Where the MDMA road usually begins aka Sassafras Bark
(I think you have Sassafras in Aus wow lucky Aussies)

Sassafras_Oil_MDMA_Lab.jpg

Sassafras Oil - The chemistry begins :) I think its smacked bottom time if you
have a bottle of this on you in Aussie

MDMA_Precursors.jpg

Confiscated Lab Liquids:
A likely hotch potch of Camphor Oil, Nitromethane, Safrol,
MDMA Freebase, MD-P2P, MDMA to name a few

MD_P2_P_Nitro.jpg

Nitromethane & MD-P2P in jars

MDMA_Ali_Mix.jpg

A mixture of Roasted Aluminium Nitromethane & MD-P2P
+ few other nasties to make a nice thick brown sludge
I read this is called Reductive Amination of MD-p2P using Mercuric
Chloride Nitro Methane and Scrunched up Balls of Aluminium Foil

MDMA_Freebase_Seperation.jpg

Some MDMA Freebase seperating out of the Brown Sludge

At this magical point in the MDMA synth process the chemist now has
to make a decision.

Do I knock up some Hydrochloric Acid, Toluene and freebase fuck the
cleaning process and make something that looks like this:

Dirty_Fused_Molly_Salt.jpg

Dirty Brown (Synth) Molly. This is the stuff that can blow
your head off not for good reasons I might add.

The chemist may decide this is a little irresponsible and clean up
his product a bit and make something that looks like this:

MDMA_Fused_HCL.jpg

MDMA HCL with a soft brown tint

The chemist may be a grad student doing a little something on the side
or may just be a Drug Gang clan chemist with a morally obliging personality

In which case the perfectionist chemist takes the seperation, cleaning and
washing to clinical perfection and makes something like this:

White_MDMA_Crystal.jpg

Clean White MDMA HCL
Some say this is a clean high with a nice smooth come down.

So there we have it Mr Sabitor a pictorial guide of why your MDMA may be white may be light brown and could even be slightly yellow. Its all in that final cleaning process whilst the freebase gets bonded with the Hydrochloride and is then finally crystalized into that yummy party substance.

And dont forget.. regardless of what that shit looks like buy a test kit and drool over that purple puddle you create for yourself. Once this task is completed grab a hot girl place her on your arm and head off to your local rave.

MISSION COMPLETE

I am hoping and praying one of the Aussie Bluelighters phase_dancer might add his 2 cents to this thread as I am sure he may have a few wise words to add.

Respect Mr phase_dancer, Mr Sabitor & Spacejunk

Respect to all the Aussie Crew. Respect to all Bluelighters

Please come and debate with us on ED sometime.

Futura..

Last edited:
I guess if Asia dont make it you rely on Europe smuggling and its a long way by boat :D
I watch an Aus customs doc here in UK. Looks like the customs are switched on although tv could mean anything.

Alot of stuff does get through, whilst it is a long way to travel, the profits here are enourmous. We can't do price discussion, but Australians would probably pay the highest anywhere in the world for drugs, especially party drugs like Meth and Ecstasy.

Also I have very much enjoyed reading you and biscuit discuss the purity's between MDMA and MDMA HCl, this is something I have often wondered about. I believe that people are always saying how much MDMA is in something it is referring to MDMA HCl. Unless it was a freebase.

Edit: Just read your next post, that was amazing haha. Is this allowed to stay up mod? I don't wanna see be taken down =(

Last edited:
Alot of stuff does get through, whilst it is a long way to travel, the profits here are enourmous. We can't do price discussion, but Australians would probably pay the highest anywhere in the world for drugs, especially party drugs like Meth and Ecstasy.

hello student - yeah seems SR have denied all knowledge of Aussie. the ones from SR in Aussie are taking mega risk. As I understand it sassafras oil is banned along with all the other precursors and the law enforcement there just seem to have it nailed. The customs are shit hot yet despite this you have one ginormous gang of ravers all wanting pills.

Unfortunatly as spacerocks points out the desire to produce bunk pills is just too much for your average gangster to resist. I assume they can order Rcs in the post and start building transformer and bart simpson pills until the day is long.

As bluelighters we all know to test pills but I bet this in the grand sceme of things is a total minority. If you went to a rave and started spouting Marquis tests I bet half of the ravers would say WTF. Its certainly like that in UK I guess we have better and much cheaper pills however.

Also I have very much enjoyed reading you and biscuit discuss the purity's between MDMA and MDMA HCl, this is something I have often wondered about. I believe that people are always saying how much MDMA is in something it is referring to MDMA HCl. Unless it was a freebase.

There is a thread on ED right now named moonrock molley. Thats where the pic of the white MDMA came from and I posted on page one of this thread in my MDMA colour pictorial.

That debate is ongoing it covers the 84% / 100% argument and will hopefully and finally reach a conclusion to it all. I have contacted E data and Street worx. That update will get added on there.

Whether you say 84% or say 100% MDMA its very debatable really but nice to thrash things out. Debating is fun :)

I just like people to know because it makes them one step ahead of your average street dealer who is always spouting terms like "moonrocks" and "100% pure" all that kind of nonsense.

Any comment from anyone always welcome on ED.

Edit: Just read your next post, that was amazing haha. Is this allowed to stay up mod? I don't wanna see be taken down =(

Should be fine. No recipes just discussing why MDMA crystal is a certain colour. Pictures make things easy to understand.

When you understand you get the message. The message is understand about impurities. This in my book is TRUE Harm Reduction.

The truth not hype..

Sassafras oil is sold under the counter in legal high stores in Australia. I bought some as the guy said I could rub it onto my legs and get an MDMA high. I didn't believe him so bought it anyway. It just made me stick like liquorice for days so I threw it out.

Sassafras oil is sold under the counter in legal high stores in Australia. I bought some as the guy said I could rub it onto my legs and get an MDMA high. I didn't believe him so bought it anyway. It just made me stick like liquorice for days so I threw it out.

Shame on you mr verybuffed you shouldnt ditch the "gold nectar" :D :D

As a rough approximation: 1 litre of most sassafras will produce 900mL of safrol.

900mL of safrol will produce approx 720g of MDMA. Assuming a 60mG pill thats enough product for 12,000 pills :)

Push the dose to 120mg you still make 6000 pills :)

the amazing thing about MDMA is how little safrol is required to make relatively masses of active doses.

The equation wih LSD becomes even more interesting.

1kG of LSD-25
1 active dose = 50uG
20 doses in 1mG
20,000 doses in 1G
20,000,000 20 million doses in 1kG
totally insane

A small LSD lab could easily supply all of australia.
The process of making LSD is leaps and bounds above making MDMA

MDMA can be made in plastic buckets. LSD requires sophisticated UV techniques and a whole host of full on chemistry apparatus. Its also a bitch to handle as its sensitive to light and evaporates. Absorbs in the skin. In all a total bitch to make. but as you can see the returns can be HUGE.

I had no idea the yield was that high. Now I am very glad that I ditched what I had. I potentially had 2 kilos of MDMA!

I am not sure how it works in Aussie but I think in America if you were caught with a load of glassware maybe had been on some synth forums and indicated you had the intention of turning the safrol into MDMA then you would be prosecuted for a theoretical "potential" from the precursor. So if you had a coupe of litres of safrol you would effectively be charged with the intent to manuacture around 1.5-2kG MDMA. I would not want to be the guy with that charge in America !! Likely 20 years or more. Yikes..

If you are caught with just a bottle of Sassafras oil I dont know if that is legal in Aus or not?

Even if it were safrol you could easily claim aromatherapy use.

If both oils were schedule 1 I could only estimate what might happen.

no glassware no obvious signs of lab activity maybe a slapped wrist I honestly dont know.

Camphor oil is another source of safrol. You can buy it on <snip> in uk :D

Although we also have Holland on our door step so not such a desire to make MDMA here.

Last edited by a moderator:
can we keep this discussion away from sources and synthesis please, ladies and gentlemen?
thank you kindly :)

Hello Spacejunk

I am sorry for that I wasnt trying to supply sources.

Acknowledged what you are saying all good.

Not trying to be a smart ass however but I notice you have an entire thread about Silk Road.

Seems a silly and obvious question but is that not some kind of blatent source information?

Please dont read me wrong I hear what you are saying and will do exactly as you require but just an observation.

The silk road thread has elicited a great many opposing viewpoints regarding its appropriateness in this forum.
You will notice however, that the thread itself is about the articles and media appearances of Tronica - Bluelight's Director of Research - who is an Australian bluelighter.

Tronica's research has been extremely valuable to this community, and she has made numerous media appearances on the subject of the silk road itself.

the difference may seem pedantic, but the thread is not a discussion of sources so much as a discussion of Tronica's research into what is one of the most revolutionary developments in drug black-marketeering in human history. we are not advocating the silk road, reviewing it or advertising it - simply discussing the monumental shift it seems to represent in the "war on drugs".

it is also about giving 'one of our own' a pat on the back for her academic research into the new age of drugs.

i hear what you are saying also - that extremely generic 'sources' are hardly that, but the difficulty is where to draw the line.
the silk road has been getting a lot of press globally, and seems to be a valid talking point that goes beyond 'vendor discussion'.

again, i don't want to come across as pedant on this, but for the sake of consistency i edited your post. i know you weren't giving out a source of MDMA precursors (hence the gentle reminder) but we try to be consistent in AusDD in regards to sourcing and name-dropping branded products and so fourth. :)

Last edited:
Good post Spacejunk. Are you mods taking Piracetam or something? All four of you are some seriously cluey cats :)

it used to be, but i don't think it is any more. i can certainly verify that it was ~5 years ago.

i hear what you are saying also - that extremely generic 'sources' are hardly that, but the difficulty is where to draw the line.
the silk road has been getting a lot of press globally, and seems to be a valid talking point that goes beyond 'vendor discussion'.

again, i don't want to come across as pedant on this, but for the sake of consistency i edited your post. i know you weren't giving out a source of MDMA precursors (hence the gentle reminder) but we try to be consistent in AusDD in regards to sourcing and name-dropping branded products and so fourth.

No worries Space Junk. Thanks for the explaination. The plan here is definitely not to provide help and assistance with manufacturing MDMA or providing source. Sorry about that mention above it wasnt intended in that way.

I actually like it in this Forum its nice to get an Australian perspective on things as very different to Europe. Hopefully I can add something too as MDMA and analogs is my main interest :)

Are you sure about this? It doesn't sound right considerring how expensive it is on the black market.

I would agree with what you are saying here.

As far as I was aware you have sassafras trees in aus but as soon as you pic off the bark you are breaking the law. Maybe I have this wrong?

To obtain the sassafras you literally distill the bark its a very simple process. Sassafras bark is rich in safrol a couple of carrier bags full of it would make a reasonable amount of MDMA. Certainly enough for home experiment purposes.

Personally I think its ridiculous as both sassafras and safrol are used for aromatherapy.

Its almost as crazy as not being allowed chemistry glassware in certain states such as Texas in the USA. If you are a home experimenter you have to write a letter of intent to the local DEA. Its nuts. A three neck round bottom flask is a crime to own in texas also.

Would be great to hear if someone knows about the staus of posession of sassafras bark / oil or safrol over there.

I assume they are very strict on it i dunno?

^ i believe sassafras oil was illegal at the time it was sold on the sly in certain stores in australia. i actually used to work in one of these shops, just before they became flooded with research chemicals labelled "herbal" "party highs" etc.
the herbs were fairly legit back then - we are talking pre-synthetic cannabimimetics and pre-imported "legal high" market. more ethnobotanicals and the more hippie herbal end of things.

the sassafras oil was sold in little (100 mL or less?) bottles from memory, but there were also a number of other special herbal treats that were sold - with discretion - to particular, non-fuzz individuals. upstanding citizens; no normals need enquire. ferals were considered legit customers %)

this is before the MDMA drought, when such essential oils were still in healthy supply, i would imagine. i always assumed it was used as directed (rub on skin and dance all night for an 'mdma body high' as VB mentioned) but this may have been bullshit or a cover story. the bottles were quite small though, and many of the herbs the store stocked were subtle - or placebo - at best. smoking blends that did nothing, maybe the odd exotic unknown herb like ephedra or kratom which i hadn't seen before in this country, nor since.
so whether or not the sassafras was used in that manner - and whether or not it worked - is another matter.
who can say? maybe people were using it for other things, but i can't ever recall actually selling any.

i was of the belief that sassafras oil was illegal, but that nobody knew much about it, and i never had to deal with any police in the short time i worked there. i doubt many coppers outside of specialist drug units even know what sassafras is...but then again, that's probably a bit complacent. who knows?
for the record, this store is not around any more, so i am not disclosing anything that could get anyone into strife. from what i understand they did a pretty good job of that themselves....but that's another story for another time, kids.

Last edited: