Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

WARNING - 'Louis Vuitton' designer death drug hits the streets

poledriver

Bluelighter
WARNING - 'Louis Vuitton' designer death drug hits the streets

A DEADLY batch of ecstasy pills branded one of the most dangerous to ever hit the streets has been linked to at least one death and a spate of overdoses.

The tablets, imprinted with the Louis Vuitton symbol, are suspected to have been involved in a 22-year-old man's death after a Brisbane house party last weekend.

Several of his friends also ended up in hospital after taking the same drugs, with emergency department staff confirming a spike in ecstasy overdoses.

Police, the health department, the ambulance service and the coroner were all alerted to overdoses or a potential bad batch before the death but there has been no public warning.

Users who have checked the tablets with home testing kits claim they contain the drug PMA (para-methoxyamphetamine), which has markedly different effects to ecstasy and can be lethal in high doses.

Compounding the danger, there are believed to be two Louis Vuitton batches - one induces standard ecstasy effects, while another looks almost identical but is the one believed to contain PMA and is highly toxic.

While authorities remained silent, increasingly desperate warnings were posted on Facebook and on drug website Pillreports over the past month.

"Why hasn't there been a massive warning ... at least 2 people I know have died on them and I have heard of more," valleyboi89 wrote on Pillreports on Thursday.

"These are the most dangerous pills to ever come to Brisbane."

On August 24, two days before last weekend's death, another user wrote: "WARNING, I'm sure there are 2 batches going around in Brisbane, my friend's friend had a batch last weekend confirmed PMA and tragically died overnight."

One woman who overdosed at last Sunday's fatal Brisbane house party said she blacked out about 3pm after taking half a Louis Vuitton tablet. She woke up 24 hours later in the Princess Alexandra Hospital, where she learnt she had been resuscitated by paramedics and was lucky to be alive.

"One of my friends started convulsing on the floor," the 22-year-old told The Sunday Mail after being contacted this week.

"He was going into a seizure and then I blacked out. The next thing I know I woke up in the emergency room on a catheter and tubes were sticking out of me.

"I know there were definitely three of my friends from that party in the emergency ward with me, and unfortunately my friend passed away that day. None of us had any heart problems. He had taken two (pills)."

Princess Alexandra Hospital confirmed the admissions and warned of an "unusually high" number of people treated in its emergency department after taking ecstasy in recent weeks.

"There seems to be a cluster of increased presentations over the last three weeks which makes us wonder whether there is a bad batch on the streets," Dr Tina Bazianas said.

Police confirmed the death of the 22-year-old man last Sunday was being treated as a suspected overdose.

"Police are investigating information he ingested a pill, or some pills. What that substance is yet to be determined," said Detective Superintendent Steve Holahan of the state drug investigation unit.

He said he had not been informed of a spike in overdoses but the death was a significant concern.

"If we had information there was any sort of spike or trend, or people were overdosing, in conjunction with police media and Queensland Health we'd certainly make those announcements," Supt Holahan said.

The Sunday Mail went to a range of authorities days before Sunday's death after learning of internet warnings about a bad batch of drugs in Brisbane.

At the time police, the ambulance service, the health department and the coroner could not provide information and no warning was issued.

On August 14, almost two weeks before Sunday's death, a Brisbane woman warned on Facebook of "fatal overdoses in the last couple of weeks" involving experienced users.

"If you or someone you know partakes, please be careful. Tell someone if you don't feel right," she wrote.

Drug and Alcohol Research and Training Australia director Paul Dillon warned authorities needed to act quickly.

"If there is ecstasy with something like PMA in it, and it did contribute to a death, that (information) needs to be out there," he said.

[email protected]

WARNINGS OF A KILLER ON THE LOOSE
August 4, 2012, 11:38pm by weetvanwanten: "Dont take these is my highly advise!"

August 6, 2012, 7:31am by psychonaut83: "TEST YOUR PILLS!! Obviously 2 batches!! Look at the 2 different test results in this report the result I have supplied in the comments is an MDMA result. The other is ketamine."

August 24, 2012, 8:04am by dusktilldawnmunter: "WARNING, im sure there is 2 batches going around in brisbane, my friends friend had a batch last weekend confirmed PMA and tragically died overnight on these in brisbane, while my other friends consumed them nearly 2 months ago can confirm these were mdxx."

August 27, 2012, 3:28am by mushybra: "Both batches of Blue LVfs should be given a warning. Have heard multiple stories of deaths in and around brisbane because of these bad boys. I am interested in trying one to see what all this hype and worry is about but well see.

August 28, 2012, 11:38am by queenbee: "Four people have died in Brisbane and others have ended up in intensive care/in a coma. Im not sure which batch caused it or why some people have had such a terrible reaction to it but please be careful. It isnt worth the risk."

August 29, 2012, 3:30am by kizzzoo: "Massive warning, I was rushed to hospital on Friday night from a nightclub in the valley, had one at 7pm than another at 11pm. No memory of anything in between. I'm not new to this, been around the scene for over 5 years. Also I know personally a guy who died last week. These are dangerous."

August 30, 2012, 12:39pm by valleyboi89: "why hasnt there been a massive warning go out about these many people are been rushed to hospital and at least 2 people i know have died on them and i have heard of more these are the most dangerous pills to ever come to Brisbane that i can remember anyway."

Source: pillreports.com under "Louis Vitton" and "Blue louis vuitton"

http://www.news.com.au/national/lou...hits-the-streets/story-fndo4ckr-1226463080805

Looks like another wave of the "green Mitsu's" from a few years ago. Pity as there is some quality MDMA getting around ozzie. Looks like QLD gets the shit and left overs again. It is shit people have died from these pills (thanks big brother, really looking out for the people by being a wet nurse and saying all drugs are illegal and bad) but unfortunately that is what happens when asshole illicit pill producers and drugs get thrown in the mix. If the stuff is yellow, tan or dark brownish dirt colour chances are it's PMA ie chicken yellow, chicken salt, dr death not MDMA (or PERHAPS MDMA minus a few purification stages). Also taste of PMA vs MDMA is very different but people fuck up casue PMA is made from anethole synthised from star anise or fennel oil and people always go on about how pills have an aniseed taste. They don't really have that much of an aniseed taste IMO but it's similar and aniseed is the easiest way to describe the taste I guess. Get a test kit, this really highlights the importance! Test kits are easy as fuck to fool so get at least 2 different types. Better yet don't take pills unless you have a perscription. Even if you get a "good ecstasy pill" chances are it's only 50mgs of MDMA and some meth. You need at least 80-120 mgs MDMA depending on body mass for a good experience and the meth will kill your MDMA experience, at best it will be MDA like. Again really fucked up people are dying from this batch of pills hope and pray no one else ends up in ED or worse. Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the bluelight community people need to get the word out about these (and possibly other) PMA pills.

Last edited:
Get a test kit, this really highlights the importance! Better yet don't take pills unless you have a perscription.

Where can I obtain a prescription for mdma pills? And then where do I go to get my prescription filled? :)

Perhaps investigating the possiblity of obtaining MDMA crystal may be more relevant. I did provide actual useful information ie don't pop pills unless you know whats in them. If you want to quote me do so in context in future as well, looks like the media are not the only one's with this special skill.

fuck.
thanks for this poledriver. you're a treasure to these boards.

Sad to hear about this definitely, i am glad i escaped that scene long ago, i only consume molly when she is around. My thoughts are with those love ones who have lost family.

Poledriver, mate it's just me trying to make sense of a shitty event. I did not intend to offend or in anyway reduce the fact someone has died from a product made in the full knowledge it kills. Illicit drug manufactures make the conscious decision to produce PMA pills and are murderers. I took the piss out of the Australian government who not only are NOT informing the public but also partly to blame for the deaths of many people from PMA over the years. Drug war has failed and to continue to take no action to reduce or prevent people dying by providing safe alternatives or manufacturing the product and having strict controls over when and where people can purchase and take popular recreational drugs is criminal in itself. We have become America and until there is change people will continue to end up in ED or worse. I'm sorry for any offence even if none was intended. Do as you wish mate that is what freedom of choice is all about. I wish the government would get their shit together and legalize MDMA or 2C-B (better drug as it's less harsh on the body and no emotional drain the next day) to prevent this happening again.

All cool man, no bid deal, i shouldn't have joked on a serious subject, no offence taken, none meant. Good advice and info from your posts, thanks :)

bet they are real cheap now...wonder if they have anything to do with all the shit ones nz were getting? you know the real rich dude supplying nz with dangerous fake md pills and making a mad profit

there is blood on the hands of politicians and police!

if md was legal this would not happen...it might put a dent in alcohol sales profits though...

EDITORIAL: Deadly recreational pills sold to naive

469805-drug-bust.jpg

A man and woman will appear in a Sydney court today following the alleged seizure of pills, believed to be ecstasy, valued at approximately $150,000. Source: The Daily Telegraph

The use of so-called recreational drugs can be more like a game of Russian roulette when unscrupulous manufacturers load the gun.

Ecstasy, the stimulant of choice for thousands of young clubbers and partygoers, is thought by many to be a relatively harmless drug.

That comforting fallacy might partly explain the fact that government studies have found that more than 10 per cent of Australians over the age of 14 have used ecstasy at some time.

While it might be benign compared with other drugs, there is no disputing the use of ecstasy comes with a risk and claims a steady toll of young lives.

That hard truth is reinforced by revelations today that a deadly batch of pills doing the rounds of the Brisbane party scene has taken at least one life and has been responsible for overdoses.

According to one online expert on chemical contraband, they are the most dangerous pills to ever come to Brisbane.

The deadly pills, given some spurious credibility by being marketed under the misused fashion logo of Louis Vuitton, are laced with the potentially fatal drug PMA. The gamble is that they mirror another batch of "standard" ecstasy bearing the same stamp.

The fact that the adulterated ecstasy has been detected by home-test kits is evidence of the sophistication of the market. But the presence of PMA is also evidence of the cynical, ruthless and greedy industry that services the market and cares nothing for the welfare of its young customers.

However, while the presence of rogue ecstasy is known to the "in" crowd, thousands of casual users are left vulnerable. Police and health authorities seem to have been remarkably slow to either deny the underground whispers or issue official warnings of the deadly pills.

There is always a danger of crying wolf and feeding the cynicism of those for whom drugs are socially acceptable.

However, today's Sunday Mail investigation suggests the dodgy ecstasy is out there and it is potentially deadly.

In this instance, the authorities seem to have been dangerously slow to pick up on the rhythm of the streets. While they remain silent, naive youngsters could be playing a dangerous game.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ls-sold-to-naive/story-e6frerc6-1226463021750

Where can I obtain a prescription for mdma pills? And then where do I go to get my prescription filled? :)

We are working on it dude. Rick Doblin from MAPS is the main man in this area.

Psychedelic Healing Centres will be the source.

I think, PMA is ok to consume as long as you know you are having it in the first place, and know the exact dosages that you are having etc.
Its only dangerous when people taking it thinking its MDMA googys and then they take more and more thinking these pills aren't doing their job etc etc and then boom, OD.

I think, the chick that said she only took "half" is a bit of a bullshitter!

Fuck the war on drugs its a war on people!! The government won't be happy until every drug user is in a body bag!

^ or a jail cell working for a pittance. the war on drugs does kill people, as well as divide communities and target specific demographics.
it was founded on prejudice and racism, and we've all been trained (and violently coerced) into accepting and participating in it. we need to move on and evolve out of this.
the article poledriver links to a couple of posts above this just goes to show how out of touch most of the media and authorities are about the reality of the situation.
yes, PMA in pills is scary, but the the way ecstasy is reported in the media is 5+ years behind the times. besides the 'bath salts' or 'kronic' press memes, the flood of random misrepresented research chemicals into the drug market is completely absent from the mainstream media.
i suppose bluelighters are a lot more informed than most people, but the way they talk about pills, you'd think it was 1995 and the majority of 'ecstasy' was MDMA. i have no idea because it's not my scene, but from what i read on here it seems like pills are still very hit-and-miss (more likely miss?).
i guess we'll be reading about it in the papers in ten years.