• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Good, non-addictive anti-anxiety drugs ?

20-50mg/kg of standardised glycosides would be a good starting dose based on the studies in rats
No idea how much fresh plant that would be. Probably a lot. That's like 1.5-3g of glycosides, so probably several hundred grams of root. (I'd make an extract!)

Skullcap is a very powerful herb I can recommend trying. I am not sure about specific anti anxiety affects, but a quick skim of the topic and a page I searched makes it sound viable. As well as my personal experience. I found it like a light benzo that does not overpower although I only made tea from it once or twice.

I am full on benzo addict. Shrink still gives me Klonopin (Generic) and Temezapam for sleep. They do not trigger my necessity for the X. But that's just me.

Full Disclosure: And I'm on a a couple of bags of snorting dope daily.

Have you tried the klonopin or is that off limits?

I'm on valium and take up to 40mg for a "bar" like effect but usually if I want to rid horrid shit with panic or get a buzz... good for a comedown...
I'm prescribed 20mg a day and that I can feel and even one does the trick for taking side effects away from high high dose amphetamine.... I took 200mg dextrostat in the last day or so, but the valium, makes me feel normal... If I get tense I have one right here waiting... one too soon if nt needed will put me to sleep due to long half life and even on 70mg dex tabs, four valium put me to sleep over it,

now xanax for me i dont feel as much... it is much more recreational.... valium only feels good up to 40mg after that to me its just either the same or I fall asleep... I could waste it and take a lot like 10 and it would... but then like last month I'd fuckin look very impaired (I live in a motel).

The speed probably keeps me sober, but i am takin the valium in reasonable doses....

when i run out of dex (I have a script for 240 more just need to get it ordered....) takin 1/2-1 10mg tabs of val will all I need, thats weird to me... how diazepam hits fast and hard but celings its effects it seems.... to put it in a way that tries to make sense... and such a low dose to a veteran speed.//benzo/opiate ((I am down to 12 and today 8mg suboxone so 20-30 extra I have to sell..... every month I'll say I take two but take 1 and get 30 to sell.. that could be 200 easy since i dont pay for it. Thats a nice price but i dont want to discuss this and break the rules..... i shoukd raise suboxone back up to 3 films........ lol sell 60...
i wouldnt need a job....

I did however yesterday (130mg dex sorry ramble ramble) have my friend that I trust with all my life.... shoot me with a hooked up bag, of dope....... whole bag... Last time I did that I did half in the muscle half later in the vein.... suboxone blocked it but it did add to the benzos... this time.... o my God I got high and never need to try again... I took x amount of xanax idk how much,.... 3 bars maybe 4... plus 30mg valium but was on speed too not a lot like 4...

It took a min to get thru the suboxone... the bupe I mean, but it must be good shiti or a fat amount last time suboxone fuckin blocked it twice as much on 100mg diazepam and 1mg alprazolam... this time all i remember last was askin this guy and girl my friend... (so glad I met this person in IOP shes a friend I feel like I can really be myself around and not feel judged or worry about getting screwed over..... samme music same issues... met her in outpatient group therapy... she still u ses but I pray she gets onto methadone soon, which saved my life.... she is a bluelighter and I will find out who she is one of these days..... I just forget to ask.... she'd know if she read this...

anyway got side tracked... my eyes are closing after speed... tired... wtf I am gonna snort one and go to walgreens and get a free baby syringe to plus the dex.... plugged 3 (double vision man o man) after getting them wet for easy dissolvation lol thats not a word.... it is now...

I'll get back to the topic in a min.... need to snort a pill.... just cuzz i juost at 6 in pieces... time is flying but im sedated like lol........ best combo ever I wamt to try this valium with meth, or desoxyn he would give me... or id try with crystal meth even crack would be ok to try another time... no side effects.... lol just rip that fuckin choreboy.... A fat line of cocaine would be nice if siht got bad eat my sonata,,,

pill time.... even mushy from spit plugged was time released to to speak with no tools...... 20 subs 50 bucks and 30 a month, i could save an addicts life.... what magic it works for me.... i aam sellijn 15 sonata for 10 bucks....

but sonata is a benzo like drug 1hr duration then wam wears off...... so i mean.... im scared to take it nightly.... he will switch to temazepam if i say listen sonata is good late night but this shit aint good for 5 plus hrs of sleep plus temazepam inhibits rem sleep... can u ujse it for anxiety tho?

ok op i know u dont like benzos use valium tho or librium, something long half life... valium is so gentle 5 to 7.5 or 10 mg once a day is nothing A ten is .5 ALPRAZOLAM with a 24 minimum hr half life.... use 5 twice a day mg i mean... if one 10 dont hold u all day oor a 5.... for sleep if needed due to rem inhibiting effects of diazepam or any benzo use fuckin temazepam 10mg or 15.... sonata is good great even, as needed... wont keep you asleep tho biut its cool cuz getting up at 8 means u can take it at 5 and not be groggy... diphenhydramine makes me wake up and not only from bad dreams but makes me hungry like all antipsychotics do....

nothing wrong with dependency man to a long acting minimum dose benzo....... if u ever wanna quit taper......... taking diazepam daily addds to the biuildup in the body look at the 36-200mg active metabolite... first day i always take 5.... 2.5mg alprazolam, xanax = 50 md diazepam...... triazolam is nice like sonata... same thing tho rebound... i want temazepam so i can use it for anxiety and for nightly insomniia. i am gonna take 2 sonata now and see what happens.... can it be used for that? on valium it will flood the fuck oout of my gaba b val does both a and b.... ill look it up... ifwater soluble its powder ill shoot or plug or snort it....
can u plug diazepamm

i didnt mean shoot sonata, zalepon, i meant snort or plug.

just go with the benzos man.... id do val libruium or k-pin all = to 5-10 once or twice daily as needed, even daily is ok... once in 10-15 days abuse is fine especially with comedowns.... can be done up to = doses of 40-50mg diazepam aans librium idk, kpin i know is 2.5mg..... so once
''
'
'
'
'/
'

'i want meth or coke bad now with myshit,,,,,,,,, valium... sonata trial here i go even before i read irt im gonna eat 100mg dex or 40 plugged or 50 snorted so sonata will kick in then after i lay back and say ooo fuck ill stick it up my but and save teh day.... im bout to make mony savin fellow addicts.....

Last edited:
i've found that choline + insotol is a good, natural anxiety calmer for me, along with a ZMA supplement at bedtime.
i take a whole host of supplements, l-theanine and l-lysine have also worked at reducing anxiety for me when i don't take benzos.
(this was during my 6 month sobriety period.)

Ashwagandha has been said to cause withdrawal on cessation of taking it - i wouldn't trust it.

as said before - take it from the words of an addict who bitterly regrets it don't turn to benzos or lyrica.

i wish i had never picked up a benzo or lyrica.

i was started off on lyrica for GAD in 2010, coupled with benzos - i took 600mg of lyrica a day to maintain my anxiety coupled with 80mg of oxazepam for 6 months.

i kicked the benzo habit quickly, took about 3 weeks of tapering with valium. lyrica was a completely different story. their lowest dose is a 25mg cap. the oral suspension cost beyond a small fortune so i could not afford it and had to guess with my tablets to try and continue cutting more and more off. it was an absolute nightmare.

to whoever says that it doesn't have withdrawal is either oblivious to it as their doctor has told them its non addictive (much like mine did, and much like how benzos were first marketed!) but it took a further 12 months for me to come off it without me going absolutely insane.

i still abuse benzos as they are relatively available on the black market.
when i first took benzos i remember feeling no effects at all from them. i didn't need them at all, and weren't curing my anxiety but rather potentiated my lyrica buzz.

now i'm stuck with a slower edocrine system, and if i think back to pre-medication state, i was actually in a much better place.

i was sober for 6 months from benzos and drugs - but they are just far too tempting to take, rehab couldn't help my benzo problem, and i don't think anything ever will. i do have a drug problem, and i do relate it down to 2010 when i was first introduced to all this shit.

lyrica however i would never go near again with a 10 foot pole. it's nasty nasty stuff that's soon going to be handed out like candy for GAD once its patent expires, and we will have another "benzo" epidemic.

lyrica for me was awful as it produced euphoria, which never stopped, and synergized with benzos and opiates to make the high so much more intense as well.

anti-depressants are also an awful excuse at a safe drug for anxiety.
i ran through all the available ones in the UK,
prozac (i nearly committed suicide on this one, attempted it twice)
estitalopram (i used this one as it had the least side effects at the time, but it left me foggy dazed and confused, not to mention brain zaps on discontinuation, when i was promised even after long term therapy two weeks was enough to come off it)
sertaline (this made me angry, aggressive and unlikeable)
venlafaxine (which turned me into an anxious wreck, when it was supposed to do the opposite)

i feel like a lab rat here.

just stick to the natural stuff is what i'm trying to put across. don't get sucked into the world of psychiatry or you'll just become another lab rat like me too.

Last edited by a moderator:
welbutrin is def not a good anti-anxiety med...it made me much more anxious on it..

Sorry if these have already been mentioned...

Pharmaceutical: Beta blockers like propranolol and torprol, vistaril, seroquel, zyprexa,

Natural Remedies: Valerian root and melatonin...

Cant really think of any other ones that are not addicting

Doxipin, a tricyclic antidepressant. It's moderately sedating but produces good anxiolysis while retaining mental clarity.

Ive heard buspar / buspirone = good non-addictive anti-anxiety medication but have not tried it myself so couldnt say for sure.

anti-depressants are also an awful excuse at a safe drug for anxiety.
i ran through all the available ones in the UK,
prozac (i nearly committed suicide on this one, attempted it twice)
estitalopram (i used this one as it had the least side effects at the time, but it left me foggy dazed and confused, not to mention brain zaps on discontinuation, when i was promised even after long term therapy two weeks was enough to come off it)
sertaline (this made me angry, aggressive and unlikeable)
venlafaxine (which turned me into an anxious wreck, when it was supposed to do the opposite)

me too synthetix. I reached a point in early 2008 where I'd been through the higher doses of most anti-depressants (ending with venlafaxine) and I was hopelessly hooked on zopiclone because my gp had been handing it out like sweets to me for 3 years. There's a warm wisdom in embracing and getting to know kinder naturals. And there are some great, friendly, subtle plants and herbs out there.

Doxipin, a tricyclic antidepressant. It's moderately sedating but produces good anxiolysis while retaining mental clarity.

Doesn't Mirtazapine, a tetracyclic AD, give you all the benefits of TCA's with a much smaller profile of side effects? Remeron (mirtaz) in doses of ~15mg are used for sleep and anxiety, and higher dosages (45mg) are used as an antidepressant, since it changes its MOA at higher dosages.

I am actually considering taking Remeron for a short period of time until I get settled into this school semester. I just don't want to be too sedated and cognitively impaired, so I'm thinking an AD dosage, such as 45mg, would be better than a sedating, anxiolytic dosage, such as 15mg.

To add to this discussion, I would recommend 300-600mg chelated magnesium, omega 3 fish oils, potassium, cardioselective beta blockers (like Metoprolol), and perhaps alpha agonists like Guanfacine (haven't tried alpha agonists yet). These are all fantastic for symptoms of physical anxiety. Also, cut out simple carbs like sugars and white bread and potatoes, and abstain from caffeine.

^ i'll second that.
i was on four different tricyclics (doxepine, amitryptiline, opipramol and trimipramine) and all in all they seem very much like mirtazapine subjectively (i.e. they're sedating, not at all useful for anxiety/depression but really good for my insomnia) although mirtazapine has one side-effect i never got from tricyclics: gaining weight like fuck. no kidding, i started taking mirtazapine ~6 months ago and gained something like 10-15 kilos in that time, which is completely unprecedented.

xxxyyy said:
gabapentin and pregabalin are fairly decent, and have a much lower liability for abuse than benzos.

i found pregabalin to be crazy addictive, as addictive as benzos or probably even more. the euphoria is significant thats probably why.

exercise has been shown to be really effective against anxiety if you can do it but i guess thats not a drug.

Quetiapine (Seroquel) has been approved in several countries for for anxiety (including the biggest bitch of them all, the TGA of Australia)

Quetiapine (Seroquel) has been approved in several countries for for anxiety (including the biggest bitch of them all, the TGA of Australia)

Yeah, the "only" downside is that it's a strong antipsychotic and neuroleptic that knocks you off your feet when you take it, and you feel like a living dead during daytime. I'd never touch it again. Plus, it increases the risk of diabetes quite much.

Personally I'd recommend L-Theanine if you want something that's truly not addictive.

exercise helps but only for a few hours tops..inderal or propranol doesnt decrease mental anxiety just the physical effects of anxiety..

@OP: First off, as has been fully covered already, staying away from benzos is a great move if at all possible. They do have their place, and are a necessary evil in some situations, but best to try the alternatives first without doubt.

I have a lot of experience with severe anxiety, and can tell you that the best Rxd med I've tried with a non addictive profile was Vistaril (Hydroxyzine) by far. (A previous suggestion from Paulymorphone) Long term use does have its downsides though such as fatigue, and sudden twitches or tics. In the short term though it maybe enough to break the anxiety and get you back on track.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to hear more about my personal experience.

i found pregabalin to be crazy addictive, as addictive as benzos or probably even more. the euphoria is significant thats probably why.

exercise has been shown to be really effective against anxiety if you can do it but i guess thats not a drug.

well, i get very little to no euphoria from it, and the side effects are really fucking awful if i overdo it so i usually don't. but then pregabalin is a really weird drug, and the few friends i gave some to reported feeling way better from the stuff than i ever did.

Just to chuck it in the mix - Prozac. Im on it right now for like a month now shits doing wonders for me, still be taking diazepam but ive noticed a real difference since ive been using prozac 20mg daily.