• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Good, non-addictive anti-anxiety drugs ?

I'm pretty sure Aniracetam has already been mentioned, but its anti-anxiety properties are really special. The effect is subtle, but it feels very clean and natural (im comparison to benzos or so). It is very helpful to support your progress if you're already doing something against your anxiety other than substances, like therapy.
If you don't want to see a therapist, there is also pretty good literature for self therapy. "You Are Not Your Brain" from jeffrey schwartz is great.

Same question to you - How would you compare Aniracetam to a Benzodiazapine? eg.Xanax?

Buspar is not even in the same league as benzos. It's impossible o compare them really, Buspar will not abort a panic attack, it's more of a medication that is to be taken constantly in order to maintain constant serum levels. It's just incredibly mild, so muh so in fact that you most likely won't be able to notice it.
Benzos are in your face comparatively, that's the only way I can describe it. They just work so much better, but they carry one of the most horrible side effect profiles out there.

Therapy has already been mentioned and shot down a few times, but cognitive therapy is really the #1 option. Reconsider therapy, it is not addictive and will only bring positive things to your life.

Meditation works wonders for many people. It really is a god-send, truly. There are tens of thousands of meditation techniques out there, if not more. The issue is in taking the time every day for yourself.

Gabapentin helped me, but I made the mistake of having my doctor give me 1 Xanax in the morning, and three gabapentins for the rest of the day. Well, the obvious happened - the Xanax overrode the gabapentin, so my doc stopped the gaba and I'm now on three 1mg Xanax a day. Anyway, the point is, I would recommend Gabapentin or Pregabalin as well.

Therapy has already been mentioned and shot down a few times, but cognitive therapy is really the #1 option. Reconsider therapy, it is not addictive and will only bring positive things to your life.

QFT!

Don't assume it won't work just because it hasn't in the past. A lot of it has to do with finding a therapist you are compatible with. The largest barrier imho is usually $$$.

Gabapentin helped me, but I made the mistake of having my doctor give me 1 Xanax in the morning, and three gabapentins for the rest of the day. Well, the obvious happened - the Xanax overrode the gabapentin, so my doc stopped the gaba and I'm now on three 1mg Xanax a day. Anyway, the point is, I would recommend Gabapentin or Pregabalin as well.

Thanks ill mention Gabapentin to my Dr.

My doctor said their used for epilepsy and said she won't give em

It is with regret, but also a certain amount of relief, that I must announce I am taking Zoloft. I tried supps and vits and other shit, but nothing prevented me from eventually ending up back at the abyss. SSRIs usually destroy my sex life, but this time I have the maca root knowledge to help me through =D

The only long-term solution for anxiety that has worked for me is the use of herbal adrenal adaptogens. They prevent anxiety from ungrounding me and making me feel like I'm floating off into outer space.

The combo that I turn to every time for generalized anxiety (with adrenaline spikes) or panic attack situations is extracts of:
Red reishi (250mg)
Rhodolia (350mg)
Cordyceps (200mg)
American Ginseng (150mg)
He Shou Wu (200mg)
Astragalus (200mg)

Because they can be pricey I don't always have them all on hand, but any combo of the above will really help. If I'm going through a period of a lot of anxiety with feelings of constant restlessness and adrenal burnout, I'll take some combo of the above for a couple of days and then I'll feel normal again.

Of course, proper rest, diet, and addressing root emotional causes are also very important. You can't expect drugs to do all the grounding work for you.

^Pregabalin (and Gabapentin) are both addictive although the potential differs greatly between individuals.

But used in moderation I think Gabapentin is a very good and pretty harmless drug. An allrounder for various purposes. Anxiety only being one of them.

I find phenibut to be unbeatable for anti-anxiety, plus you will never sleep so well in your life. As long as you take it reasonably, 2-3 times a week, it is not addictive. And it's best to dose from 300mg-1g max