• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Legal benzo alternative

Aphex747

Bluelighter
many of you already know, if you need an opiate, there are legal and safe ways to go about it, versus sourcing on the streets. like kratom, and poppy pods for example. those are "legal alternatives to opiates".

what im wondering, are there any for benzos? im aware of etizolam, thats a solid. but are there any other things like this? i know alot of people say go to the health food store and buy GABA or get some velarian root extract. im wondering if theres any other benzo alternatives out there, besides etizolam and the other benzo rc's (phenazepam, pyrolazam, meclonapepam) to name a few

^ty

i used to be prescribed librium when i was younger and i asked my new doctor about it a month or so ago and he made a huge deal out of it (it seemed like) and after trying to tell me i was depressed and writing me prozac, i gave him a little more of my medical history. 5 minutes later he comes back acting like hes got the miracle cure. it was busiprone or buspar. i had no idea what this was. i went to the pharmacy and after i found out they wanted 75 to fill it at walmart with no health coverage, i let it sit at the pharmacy. i was referred to valerian root as a natural alternative and it either didnt do anything, or made me want to take a nap. im trying to find something that works as well but without the heavy drowsiness. i tried GABA capsules (500mg) a few even and it just made my brain feel tingly, and my hands kind of pins and needlish (possibly placebo but i highly doubt it. so far valerian root is the best benzo alternative i can find. even tho its drowsy, it does settle your nerves. if anyone knows of any other foods, vitamins, over the counter, or whatever else, that would work better than valerian root, that would be a huge help.

although i have no firsthand experience with this, phenibut might work.
valerian root has been absolutely worthless for me.

Kava Kava
Herbal Teas
Cannabis & extracts
Proper vitamin & dietary/nutrient intake, Magnesium, electrolytes balanced etc.
Exercise
Sleep hygiene

those bottom 4 sound like the most important, and adding in some kind of tea would probably just what i need to add into the mix. only thing is when i get hungover tea and me dont mix well. if it was just as effective in a capsule i could see that being easy to do.

and yea xxxyyy, i found valerian root to be descent for sleep, but not something you can take during the day so much. thanks for the input tho guys

im aware of etizolam, thats a solid.

Etizolam and is not an alternative to benzos. It may not be scheduled but it is a legitimate prescription drug. It's a thienodiazepine drug which is a benzodiazepine analog, and carries the same effects as Valium or Xanax and will give a positive for benzos on a typical drug panel test. Take it for long enough and you will become physically and psychologically addicted.

Valerian Root extract is pretty good for relieving insomnia and anxiety. I take it time to time when I have panic attacks or need sleep.

Yeah, etizolam is not an alternative to benzodiazepines, that would be like saying zolpidem is a good alternative.

I have no experience with this, but I've been reading a lot about L-Theanine supplements for anxiety/relaxation. It's isolated from green tea and has GABAergic properties. There's also been some promising research proving its efficacy as well, though as with most natural supplements, the final verdict is somewhat elusive. That in combination with Magnesium is becoming very popular for people looking for alternatives to prescription anxiolytics.

And as far as GABA goes for supplementation, it's been said on here many times, but it doesn't readily cross the BBB when taken orally, so any psychological effects people have are mostly placebo.

Last edited:
L-Lysine is a readily available, over the counter supplement, that had mild anxiolytics properties. It make take a higher dose but it can be someone effective. Your diet is very important.

What is your goal, sleep or anxiety relief, legal, you mean OTC, not any other prescription stuff?

my main goal is anxiety relief without the sleepiness. im trying to find something i can buy or order without a prescription that is good for anxiety attacks but wont put me in a xanax stooper. also, when i occasionally do amphetamine, id like something to take that edge off where everything tastes gross. i use cannbabis regularly, and it does help ALOT with consitent anxiety. but when i am truly annxious, like panic attack intense, cannabis just seems to be inert almost and it tenses me up more. if i do a benzo tho, that melts away and i can enjoy cannabis completely. i dont think i need anything regularly, but just for those rougher occasions or tough spots we all get in once in a while. thanks everyone for the input

entheo i will check out that L-Lysine but as far as diet goes, ive given up soda pops and fast food completely. i try to eat just whole, organic foods and drink reverse osmosis water only. but i just run kinda high strung and easily anxious some days. not sure why, but my doctors just care about writing scrips that are worthless, so im trying to learn for myself

I prefer kratom but i hear kava is more like a benzo where kratom is more like an opiate. Kava has always been worthless to me when i tried the instant powder but some people swear by (probably other forms of) it

Youre making me want to order a shit ton of it before the powers that be deside to take it away from us haha

I know plenty of people that swear by Kratom for opioid maintenance. It's interesting as hell.