• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth and weight loss

Brandasaur

Bluelighter
So i have a question regarding meth and weight loss. I have lost 30 lbs since i started using meth 2 weeks ago. What health concerns should i be worried about?

I'm not a medical physician but I do have experience in this area. You need to be very careful to keep routinely drinking fluids to stay hydrated since you process food and liquids a lot faster. Make sure to either drink stuff that has antioxidants and nutrients or start taking supplements to keep your vitamin content up. Plus make sure to eat fairly regularly, dope isn't food and you can't live off just that. If its still hard to eat when high I recommend eating something with high fat contents. You see methamphetamine is a psychoactive stimulant. It boosts how fast your body is working (aka heartrate blood flow etc..) so all nutrients put in your body will be processed at a much faster rate. Now the reason i say keep up vitamins and nutrients is the fact that lack of necessary vitamins will eventually deprive your body and effect its functions. Now meth does eat your body fat up real fast, but once there is no fat left to burn what happens? It starts eating your muscle mass, hence why i say eat high fat content foods. Now last tip - sleep. If you can sleep every night, all the damn dope fiends on their 13 day up binges equals only one thing - insanity. So get some rest. Hope this helps a little bit, apologies on not knowing specific problems it can occur.

Well i dont really see the fat loss as a bad thing as i dropped from 260 to 230 in the last 2 weeks... I havent smoked in 2 days though, as im giving myself a break. I have noticed that my stomach has shrunk and im extremely tired.

Shit that's a lot to drop in 2 weeks.

Kinda on topic:
When I used to binge what I did to counter the weight-loss (cuz I was skinny enough already) was drink a decent amount of meal supplement shakes/drinks.

One thing you should do ASAP is start taking at least 1,000 mg of Vitamin D every day, especially if you're spending a lot of time indoors. Extremely fast weight loss almost always causes certain vitamin deficiencies. If your Vitamin D gets too low, it will give you excruciating leg pain. Once your levels get low enough to cause the pain, it takes several months of supplementation to get rid of the pain and cure the deficiency. Other vitamin and mineral deficiencies can cause skin problems and even hair loss. I've never done meth, but have experienced extreme weight loss from some virulent illnesses, so I've been down that road. Start taking a good multi vitamin daily too, so things don't reach critical mass for you. And do it right away, too. Don't wait. Just MHO.

Vit-d is nessicary that's a good tip multi vits, but best of all after three days with no sleep your brain begins to shut down by itself cause youll finally hit the floor after few days. Your brain is built to rest when your up for days it'll go into rest mode with ya standing up eyes wide open and you'll literally just fall over and pass out. (best friend has done this in front of me)

Eat more before you start getting dizzy and passing out every time you stand up. I know it's super awesome to watch the weight just fall right off but 30 pounds in 2 weeks is unhealthy, and most of that isn't fat anyways, its water. You are probably seriously dehydrated, but don't drink plain water, you could probably use the extra calories of things like whole milk and juice. I'm a huge fan of powerade personally. When you can get yourself to eat, eat as much protein as possible. And even if you think you are not hungry, if it's been more than 12 hours since you ate something then you need to at least have a glass of whole milk.

If don't give your body what it needs you will start getting dizzy when you stand up. You will faint. In public. It will be really embarrassing.

And just fyi, if you are doing meth you are still going to lose weight whether you eat or not, and the high is actually way better when you're eating and sleeping regularly.

-Liver damage
-Dehydration (to the extreme)
-Kidney stones

...and countless other issues caused by lack of vitamins/minerals is what you're going to need to be worried about. This is serious. That's a lot of weight to lose and I imagine you're not sleeping much either. As others have said, you need to make sure you're eating (and eating something other than junk food) and staying hydrated. Vitamins are extremely important. Get yourself some magnesium as well.

Personally, I think if you're losing that much weight just because of methamphetamine use...then you're using way too much methamphetamine way too often.

When I first discovered stimulants I lost 40-45 lbs in a month. Then 10 more over the next 6 months. The appetite supressant effect gets much weaker with time, so the dramatic loss won't continue for long.

Now the question is, after losing all this weight, and finally quitting, am i going to gain even more back then i lost? I would think so because my body has been in starvation mode and now that im eating again its just going to store all the fat. Am i correct?

Yes you are correct. Just exercise and eat high protein foods to help keep the weight off and remain healthy. Try to maximize time between using to get a better high and stay mentally and physically well.

I quit so theres no need to space out my highs. And i think the weight will stay off as my stomach has shrunk so much. Today i could barely handle 2 eggs and 2 bacon strips. Im switching from just food to some food and ensure for a while to get my vitamin levels back up since i cant handle the amount of food i need to stay healthy.

Oh and ive lost another 5 lbs since i last checked...

Makes cortisol levels spike so not an effective long term strategy. you can sweat and shit out those "last 10 lbs." in a couple days or day singular.

Too bad Preludin was before my time. It was no ephedrine or phentermine. Many say the best ever as far as feeling good.

Blow is a hell of a fatburner FWIW.

I lost 60 lbs between March and June when I started this physical job. No substances or doses out of the ordinary, besides eating more than I have in my whole life and no less than 2 2 liters a day plus gotorade and monsters. No exaggeration in those numbers either. Diet as always paramount, but burn that shit off. I was headed for staight up obesity, now want to get some weight back

Last edited:
You are going to lose your teeth. First a chip on a tooth. Then another chip on another tooth. Your teeth will waste away as quickly as you did.

But you'll most likely gain the weight back. Even some people who use meth regularly are not very skinny although when they first went on it, the fat wore off their frames quickly but they gained it back after a few years of doing meth. But after a few years of doing meth, they have meth mouth. and that is all bad.

Should note that it isn't just fat that's being burnt when you're starving yourself like this, you're also going to be destroying muscle, sugar reserves, etc. as well as potentially harming your organs (kidneys and liver in particular). You also have to consider the effect of being deficient of a vast number of various minerals and nutrients.

Though you may think it's nice to look skinny, it is an extremely unhealthy (and temporary) way to get thin, and you are by no means 'getting into shape'. Your bodies metabolism is gonna be pretty fucked, and it's completely unsustainable long term.

There are ways to use meth correctly for fat burning, however VERY few know how do to it. This is because meth messes with a multitude of hormones.
It requires quite a bit of self control. The problem with meth is the pleasure outweighs the actual fatburning effects.
You may be doing it to lose weight, but in the end you'll be addicted to the pleasure.

There are techniques to cutting fat with meth effectively, but they carry a higher risk. You can't sugar coat enjoyment.

My bf and I smoked meth last weekend for 2 days straight , slept for about 5 hours and went to a party. Everyone told us that we had lost so much weight (no one knows what we do ) but we felt so skinny lol and mainly cus we had just come off of it a couple of hours before and hadn't eaten in 2 days. But we want to stop smoking this and then when ppl start complimenting us on our weight loss it makes us want to keep on, we both agreed that we need to snort like a line or 2 a day each just to curb our appetite but that way we won't be staying up all night either. It's just so easy to lose weight on this stuff...

^ read the above comments, just because it's easy to lose weight through using meth ( consequently not eating), it is very damaging to your body and the weight loss is likely not permanent if you continue using for a long time. A line or 2 a day sounds like an addiction that you might not see coming...