• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth and weight loss

To elaborate on the person who said most of your loss is water, your loss is predominantly water and muscle and little fat. The body will quickly become depleted of essential amino acids and the only place it can get more when deprived of an external source is your muscles. On top of that, it is much easier for your body to turn protein into usable energy than fat. You may think you have lost 30# of fat when in fact, you'd be lucky to have gotten into double digits.

I meant to say a line or two every other day , so that we don't stop eating completely but we don't have that much of an appetite.... it is addicting though, that's why I don't want to smoke it, It feels different for me when I snort it, I don't really keep craving it at all... but when I smoke it that's a different story.

You shouldn't use meth. Very few people, almost none, enjoy the addiction. It's a horrible life destroyer and it leaves very few people once they've used multiple times.

You're technically not smoking it. You're vaporizing the solid crystal into gas.

Bodily damage is real, but the brain damage is even more of a reason to avoid it. Meth steals the soul right out of a person.

^I don't know, I'd say the problem is many enjoy meth addiction too much. And most users of meth don't become addicts. It's still a very real possibility(especially abused) and there's almost no way to predict whether it'll happen or not. Also smoking is slang for inhaling drugs. And this is a harm-reduction, not abstinence, site, though abstaining is ideal.

OP 30lb in 2 weeks is way too much weight and is probably mostly water. Stimulants alone are barely better than the placebo at losing weight. Diet and exercise is the only way to lose weight. I know, so cliche. Stimulants really should only be used to help with dieting and exercise, not as a primary weight loss strategy. You could get a stimulant in controlled doses from a doctor to help with diet and exercise, even Desoxyn(methamphetamine 5mg), though if they try to give you phentermine see a different doc.

How much meth do you use a day? Is it like a bump a couple times a day or like an eightball smoked/IV everyday for all the 2 weeks? Maybe you could try to get Adderall instead, it was originally a weight loss drug. Doubt you could get Desoxyn. Only need low doses of stimulants to help with a diet.

Set a realist goal. If you loss 2lb a week for a year, you'd be at probably what many would consider ideal, depending on your height and muscle mass. Start off with a little exercise then work your way up, like a walk or small weights. Count the calories you eat and try to lower your intake, but don't starve yourself. There's also a whole shitload of different diets, some more credible than others, and some more suited to specific situations.

Everybody here seems to have misunderstood me, I was using meth for recreational purposes. I was not trying to lose weight it just was a side effect. Anyways, ive quit the stuff now and im on day 4 of no meth. Ive been able to eat regularly now, in fact ive been mowing everything in my house.

Everybody here seems to have misunderstood me, I was using meth for recreational purposes. I was not trying to lose weight it just was a side effect. Anyways, ive quit the stuff now and im on day 4 of no meth. Ive been able to eat regularly now, in fact ive been mowing everything in my house.

The boost in cortisol levels will make it more difficult to lose weight off of your belly. I recommend reading into clenbuterol or ephedrine/caffeine. Ultimately use no drugs to lose weight, just run. I'd love to keep commenting but the amount of people still suggesting meth pisses me off. Weight loss is never easy. I wish you luck.

-Renz

The boost in cortisol levels will make it more difficult to lose weight off of your belly. I recommend reading into clenbuterol or ephedrine/caffeine. Ultimately use no drugs to lose weight, just run. I'd love to keep commenting but the amount of people still suggesting meth pisses me off. Weight loss is never easy. I wish you luck.

-Renz
^^ this. Clen + T3 is extremely effective, and then some ketotifen to help with tolerance.

I have not read all the replies, but want to mention a couple of things. It seems you already have lost some weight: 30 lbs should be about 12 kg. Don't sound too much, but it could be bad in the long run. It all depends how you deal with it.

I would recommend that your focus should be on getting enough carbohydrates and proteins in your body during usage. I have lost a lot of weight myself earlier (back again now), and it was in a short period of time, and experienced how fragile (loss of energy for example) the body can get if you don't take care.

I was using prescribed amphetamines, so my appetite was low. I ate a lot of chicken because it was easy to eat. After a little while living on white lean meat and vegetables, my body shut down. No energy left. After doing a rough calculation on how much calories I needed every day, I added carbohydrates (high fiber pasta and bread ++). Wanting to loose weight, I balanced how much carbohydrates and proteins I needed to still feel well. Cutting Carbohydrates is the worst thing you can do since the body needs it, the muscles needs it. If the body runs low on carbohydrates, you can quickly become weak, and feel overall ill. The new diet (high carbo) gave me the energy I needed and probably saved my muscles too (the muscles that are all around the body).

As you may know, the body need a lot of muscles (strength, support etc), and to build these, you need carbohydrates and proteins (and some other things that I will leave out here). Muscles need proteins to grow or be maintained. The proteins need carbs to do that job. So, when eating a lot of proteins (in my case), it did not help maintaining my muscles, and I felt bad.

- Eat slow carbohydrates several times a day. Anything with a lot of fiber is always good.
- Proteins can be added when you want, like at dinner, or a snack.
- Keep away from short lasting carbohydrates like sugar, sweets, sodas, white bread, as they will not do the same work as the longer (hope I use the right English term) carbohydrates. These will not last long (not give much energy totally).

Example: If I'm not going to do anything in the morning, I could eat one egg and one slice of high fiber bread. If I was going to do something that required a bit more physical work, I would add a slice of bread or two. Without it I would feel week and tired, but with it, I would be able to do "that extra thing". It all comes down to how much slow carbohydrates I feel I need at that time. Vitamin-, mineral levels etc. should be measured at your doctors. You may not need any additional supplements. So stay away from supplements unless you know for sure you lack something.

Get one of those small dark brown Danish/German rye breads (I think they taste awful), and some proteins like ham. I add a little Olive oil for taste. I use Olive oil because it don't clutter up the arteries like butter for example can do. Make some sandwiches and store them for your "using days" (have some in the freezer). This is long lasting and healthy energy, and since this bread is so compact, you don't have to eat much.

Hope I was somewhat on the topic (lost my thread a bit there)... and that I don't sound like a health fanatic :)

Last edited:
I stopped smoking meth for quite some time... a few months I'd say. Got into a healthy eating habit and work out pretty often. I'm 5'11" and weighed 175 pounds the last time I checked (which was this morning). I decided to pick up some and do it again this afternoon. I picked it up at around 3pm and took three hits. RIght now it is currently 813pm.. and I just weighed myself... it read 170.8 lbs. 5 pounds in 5 hours. what's causing this?