• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dissolving 10mg oxycontins in water?

gman7104

Bluelighter
I have several 10mg oxycontins. Ive heard that crushing these pills is useless in removing the time release, so what if I dissolve them in water and drink the water? I have searched around but haven't found a clear answer, it seems that many people have difficulty removing the oxycontin time release. Ive heard it gums up when you put it in water, but if thats the case, how does it dissolve in your stomach? What if you left the pill in the water for several hours?

Last edited:
Are they the newer formulations? If so, then dissolving them in water will do very little.

If the Oxycontin you have is the older OC formulation, just crush the pills finely and parachute them.

Water isn't acidic like your stomach acid, which is why the new OxyContin (with OP 10 written on it in the US, ON 10 written on it in Canada) is not able to dissolve in water.

If it doesn't say OC or CDN on it, then you can't dissolve it in water so just take them orally as-is.

it is the new ones, and dam that complictates things. How "slow" is the time release? how long does it take for it to release all of the medication?

It's a 12 hour time release, so 0.83mg oxycodone per hour, which is next to nothing for most users but it depends on your tolerance.

How tolerant are you to opioid medication and why did you want to dissolve the oxycodone in water anyways?

12 hours holy shit -.- i want to completely remove the time release, is there really no way to do it?

What about creating an acidic solution to dissolve into? And why would they make op 10s haha sorry that just seems like such a small xr pill like an adderall 5mg xr or something. If the acidic solution dowdy work just eat it

12 hours holy shit -.- i want to completely remove the time release, is there really no way to do it?
No, at this point and time there is not a way to effectively defeat this time release mechanism, as I said you're just going to have to make do with taking it orally untampered with.

What about creating an acidic solution to dissolve into? And why would they make op 10s haha sorry that just seems like such a small xr pill like an adderall 5mg xr or something. If the acidic solution dowdy work just eat it

Yes, it's a tiny dosage pill, they actually do make an Adderall XR 5mg, did you know that? I didn't until recently, I found out a few weeks ago and couldn't believe my eyes.

OP10, It is a tiny dose of oxycodone, but it [is supposed to] offer more consistent plasma levels of oxycodone in the bloodstream. IMO they are less consistent than the old formulation.

As for the acidic solution, people have tried it with various things like citric, coca cola, etc, but IME, it doesn't defeat the time release.

And because this went unanswered: How tolerant are you to opioid medication and why did you want to dissolve the oxycodone in water anyways?

This does work. I have been dissolving OP's in water for last few days. It takes a few hours and some vigorous shaking in a water bottle, but it will eventually dissolve. I can't imagine the time release not being defeated after being COMPLETELY dissolved in water.

This does work. I have been dissolving OP's in water for last few days. It takes a few hours and some vigorous shaking in a water bottle, but it will eventually dissolve. I can't imagine the time release not being defeated after being COMPLETELY dissolved in water.

How are you unbinding the oxycodone from the extremely long chain polymer material that it is encapsulated in on a microscopic level? How do you know you're defeating the time release? Your method doesn't replicate the natural ingestion it was designed for (the acidic levels in the stomach and then the pH buffering and more alkaline intestinal tract? I'm just trying to objective here, I definitely have used similar techniques to extreme success with other time release mechanisms but it never truly dissolves when I use the method I would have used on Morphine Extended Release 100mg etc, the OP mechanism always leaves some viscocity unlike how the old school wax matrix versions of Extended Release narcotics always seemed to have the insoluble particulates fall to the bottom of the container they're "incubating" in, I've never seen any visible signs of actually defeating the time mechanism like this with the OP's...

Just my $0.02, not saying you're wrong but I don't think you're completely defeating the time release, at least not technically or in a way that can easily be quantified.

How are you unbinding the oxycodone from the extremely long chain polymer material that it is encapsulated in on a microscopic level? How do you know you're defeating the time release? Your method doesn't replicate the natural ingestion it was designed for (the acidic levels in the stomach and then the pH buffering and more alkaline intestinal tract? I'm just trying to objective here, I definitely have used similar techniques to extreme success with other time release mechanisms but it never truly dissolves when I use the method I would have used on Morphine Extended Release 100mg etc, the OP mechanism always leaves some viscocity unlike how the old school wax matrix versions of Extended Release narcotics always seemed to have the insoluble particulates fall to the bottom of the container they're "incubating" in, I've never seen any visible signs of actually defeating the time mechanism like this with the OP's...

Just my $0.02, not saying you're wrong but I don't think you're completely defeating the time release, at least not technically or in a way that can easily be quantified.

My pharmacology isn't brilliant... but why would you not be able to dissolve it in acid (such as coca cola) to replicate the stomach acid for a few hours or a day or so, which I accept is many times stronger than just a can of coke, and then use some heartburn/indigestion tablets to it, to replicate the alkaline intestinal tract?

Is there any biological/pharmacological reason as to why that wouldn't work?

^its hard to gauge just how effective that way is. Anecdotes say yea and nay and some in between. To get an aqueous solution it requires work beyond what most blers depth and reach; in terms of chemistry skills and the solvents.

I don't think dissolving it would break the time release on a molecular level, but what it would do is create a larger surface area for the acid in you gi tract to work away at. When the pill is in a solid form, it can only pick away at the outter layer, slowly working it's way into the middle. With the pill dissolved preemptively, it's working away at all the layers of the pill at once. It wouldn't be like crushing a standard oxy, but it should be a bit better than plain old pill

I don't think dissolving it would break the time release on a molecular level, but what it would do is create a larger surface area for the acid in you gi tract to work away at. When the pill is in a solid form, it can only pick away at the outter layer, slowly working it's way into the middle. With the pill dissolved preemptively, it's working away at all the layers of the pill at once. It wouldn't be like crushing a standard oxy, but it should be a bit better than plain old pill

Very interesting about making the stomach's job easier. I read somewhere that Emergen-C and water can eat away at the pill, but haven't tried myself.

If it ate away at even some of the outer layer, is the coveted ingredient that we are trying to get at, damaged in some way, too?

Damaged as in the oxy destroyed and no longer active? I'm not sure personally.

I'm too doped up atm to go delving into the ingredients of said 'emergen-c' and whether it would affect the oxy, potentially ruining it.

My pharmacology isn't brilliant... but why would you not be able to dissolve it in acid (such as coca cola) to replicate the stomach acid for a few hours or a day or so, which I accept is many times stronger than just a can of coke, and then use some heartburn/indigestion tablets to it, to replicate the alkaline intestinal tract?

Is there any biological/pharmacological reason as to why that wouldn't work?

1) I've tried to break the OP time release, and I've tried hundreds of methods, none work.
2) coca cola is nowhere near as acidic as the hydrochloric acid in your stomach
3) Reasons that proposed prep process won't work: there are just way too many factors involved in mimicking how the human body digests something, even more factors about this patented time release and how it works, and furthermore, In my experience, playing with the pH, (mimic acid, then add an alkaline/base agent, and you're still left with that gross gooey viscous aqueous but totally unsafe solution.

$0.02

Damaged as in the oxy destroyed and no longer active? I'm not sure personally.

I'm too doped up atm to go delving into the ingredients of said 'emergen-c' and whether it would affect the oxy, potentially ruining it.

Mostly ascorbic acid that the Emergen-C has in it.

I do like the idea of more surface space, as in clipping the O-contins into many pieces. I do notice more of a kick than just taking the pill whole, but as most of the people are saying, dissolving the time-release is probably not going to happen completely.
I have OP 40's and just chew 'em up a bit with my front teeth, so as not to get them stuck in the back teeth.

the oxyNEO ER are a bitch to get separated, there is a way, it involves cooking.......do a google search........if they IR just snort em.