• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

3mg lorazepam + 2.5mg clonazepam + no tolerance = minimal effects? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychedelicLove

Greenlighter
Over the course of the last 3 or 4 hours, I have taken 3mg lorazepam and 2.5mg clonazepam. I am experiencing a mild sense of relaxation and a VERY subtle lag in my vision, but I feel like, considering the doses I took, I should be "higher" than I am. Though I do feel slightly sedated, I feel as if I need more in order to have a full-blown positive experience--which, with benzos, is usually comprised of general intoxication and disinhibition. If anything, I'd call the effects I am currently experiencing placebo.

It should be noted that I rarely EVER use benzos, and I have no tolerance whatsoever for these drugs. I am 160 lb. male.

Any suggestions?
Better dosing ideas/ROAS?
Anything at all?

Thanks in advance.
-PL

As far as benzos go, lorazepam is on the weak side. I wouldn't expect too much out of lorazepam except for the purpose its prescribe for. Clonazepam is more potent, however it is a longer lasting Benzo. It can take a very long time to feel significant effects from clonazepam.

For the recreational effects your looking for, fast acting benzos will provide those results.

Have you had stronger experiences from benzos in the past?

I don't personally find them very euphoric, and sometimes the effects can seem quite subtle while you're on them. Sometimes people have too high of expectations for benzos or have trouble noticing the effects (until afterwards you realize you were behaving differently or are missing a part of your memory). But for me if I took the doses you took I would definitely feel more than what I would consider placebo, I'd describe it as somewhat similar to being a bit drunk, and feeling calm, relaxed and sedated. Perhaps you have a high natural tolerance, or benzos just aren't for you. Do you normally drink a lot of alcohol? Do you take any other drugs on a regular basis or have you taken any recently?

You bring up some good points swimmingdancer. I frequently hear people discussing benzos and how badly they want some. There seems to be a lot of hype over a drug that isn't all that pleasurable. It certainly can be a life saver for someone who really needs them, but for recreation purposes they seem to lack desirable effects.

Often times people will not get the effects they were hoping for and dose quite a bit higher the next time. This usually leads to a night you wont remember. Not a fun night either, just a night where you fell asleep on the floor

you will never feel as messed up as you are when on a benzo i always think i'm good when i'm not so i started to question if i was ok when i actually turned out to be

You may be better off with Xanax at around 0.75 to 1mg. But taking more than this, it will make you just very sleepy.

When I had opiates like Vicodin, I used to take those even for my anxiety attacks and it is much better than benzos.
Opiates will make you loopy and euphoric without the very extreme sleepiness that benzos will make you feel.

Benzos are not euphoric.

Over the course of the last 3 or 4 hours, I have taken 3mg lorazepam and 2.5mg clonazepam. I am experiencing a mild sense of relaxation and a VERY subtle lag in my vision, but I feel like, considering the doses I took, I should be "higher" than I am. Though I do feel slightly sedated, I feel as if I need more in order to have a full-blown positive experience--which, with benzos, is usually comprised of general intoxication and disinhibition. If anything, I'd call the effects I am currently experiencing placebo.

It should be noted that I rarely EVER use benzos, and I have no tolerance whatsoever for these drugs. I am 160 lb. male.

Any suggestions?
Better dosing ideas/ROAS?
Anything at all?

Thanks in advance.
-PL
In all my Benzo experiences Lorazepam and Clonazepam are the 2 Benzos with the least noticeable effects, almost to the point where it's as if i have taken nothing. Infact i liken Clonazepam to buying a pack of mints from the local shop, id get as much Anxiety relief from a pack of polos than i would Clonazepam and would dose massively on Clonazepam.

I know in the U.S Clonazepam and Lorazepam are 2 of the most commonly used/abused Benzos but i really cant understand why? My advice would be to not go down the Benzo road at all...... it's not a pretty one medium/long term but if you do insist on using Benzos then i would consider Diazepam, Temazepam, Alprazolam, Flurazepam and Flunitrazepam as far more effective.

Thats just my opinion/experience though.

I have benzo tolerance and if I took that dose I'd feel fucked up. But that's because I know what being high on benzo's is like, and I have anxiety so they make me feel 30x better. Possibly you just don't realize you're high because you haven't been real high on them before, or you're just not anxious, so they don't really do anything for you.

You probably are fucked up and don't think you are. Benzos, like alcohol, impair judgement... Making it seem like u isnt fuked up wen u really is gone aF... So i mean all drugs effect niggas differently.. Way i look at it is your body dont be reacting as much as most ppls to benzos... Most people be getting fucked up or yet lose n dats why dey be poppin dem bars.. I can go on n on but i gotta go pick up my ownsamn bars from walgreens right now

I totally agree. Xanax is what I have been prescribed for my anxiety and if I take 4mg as opposed to my 2 mg bar I feel it but as I take more i feel it less and less but act more and more intoxicated. Probably why some many people get in trouble with them. Benzos are also linked to an absolutely HORRENDOUS withdrawal so proceed with caution. I speak only from my own experience.

Idk personally my very first time taking a benzo was 2mgs of xanax and didn't feel a thing. Then years later after doing Valium a few times, I took 5mgs xanax and had to crawl to my bed!

I think for some of us it takes a few tries before you start feeling effects from benzos, kinda like how some people don't get high from weed their first time.

So tread lightly when trying again, because all of a sudden you may start feeling them.

Op hasn't posted in here for a few years so he won't see your reply. Closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.