• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth comedown

Jimmy25

Greenlighter
My dad Left for a day with his meth head friend and i know for a fact he did meth i just want to know how a meth comedown is because hes like totally changed from a nice person to a asshole this is the second day and all he does is sleep sweat and yell at me now and hes never like this how long does meth and the comedown last hes such an asshole to everyone that my moms ready to leave him its so bad

Meth comedowns can last from 4-12+ hours with residual negative side effects that last for several days, such as fatigue, anxiety, and depression.

Using lots of meth will lower your levels of dopamine, norepinephrine and noradrenalin (and to a lesser degree serotonin levels) in your brain. As these are responsible for many important functions in the brain, including feelings of well-being and alertness, depletion of them can result in any but not necessary all of the following; depression, anxiety, anger, irritation, lethargy, mental impairment and impairment of cognitive functions. Very high doses used for prolonged periods may induce paranoia and/or psychosis. Comedowns can last up to a few days. The brain is not a machine and it takes some time for neurotransmitter levels to be restored (chronic use may damage the brain so e.g. the levels of dopamine will never really be on the level they should).

Last edited:
For me, the WORST part of any amphetamine/stim comedown is when you are still speeding out, but all the euphoria is gone and you still can't sleep or eat and want it to end. FUCK that's horrible...

As soon as I can eat and sleep (even just a little bit) I am golden. I never get depressed or anything the next or following days (besides MDMA)

what i do when im bout to comedown is take some heroin, or any opiate, it gets rid of any speediness and lets me sleep (or at least nod) and even the appetite comes back a bit.

I don't think that the OP should suggest his dad use heroin....

@OP, Related Reading that might help your dad reduce some of the harm he's using with meth.

Comedown from smoking meth is hell. I'm not going to do that ever in my life.

For me, the WORST part of any amphetamine/stim comedown is when you are still speeding out, but all the euphoria is gone and you still can't sleep or eat and want it to end. FUCK that's horrible...

this is where booze comes in for me. tried it with and without and its smoother with some beer

Maybe he should do LESS meth all in one day. It should be a gentle ride up- gentle ride down into sleepy time. If he wants to contort his brain and kidneys through serious drug abuse then that's his problem. The problem with that drug is there are only a handful of people who can stop hitting it and not feel any need to continue.

Withdrawals:
I mean there are many ways to put a bandaid on withdrawals. I feel that the way vyvanse is metabolized makes it great for withdrawal recovery.

However, tweakers will always prefer meth, because their mindset doesn't really seem plan ahead. It's like trying to get a dog to eat lettuce or a little kid to take a multi-vitamin. Even though something may be best for them and make their overall life experience better, they'd rather strangle themselves on an erratic and senseless rise and fall.

ComeDowns:
this is where booze comes in for me. tried it with and without and its smoother with some beer

You'll really ramp up the neurotoxicity/bodily harm with alcohol.
Opiates increase bodily harm as well.

Benzodiazepines are what is used in medicine, but I find they will often make the person's mood worse. Of course they reduce chance of seizures, and have a pretty broad stopping effect, which is what makes them best for medical reasons.

GHB is the best mood enhancement choice for those not prone to seizures or idiotic dosing. I can't really go into detail without writing a book, but it lowers BP/HR/temp and makes most people very empathetic. Fair warning is that the cross between GHB and meth will most likely lead to an addiction of both.

In my idiotic days, I have been at a resting HR of 130 and a 155/95 BP as well as a 100.3F temp. Upon taking 2 grams of NaGHB it fell to a HR of 86, 133/84 BP and 99.1 temp in about an hour.

Last edited:
It usually takes about 2 days to completely come back to baseline after using. Stim comedowns produce horrible feelings of anxiety, irritability, and depression which is probably why your dad is being such a dick. A benzo would chill him out if he has any. Sorry you have to deal w/ this man, I know its tough when a parent has a drug/alcohol problem. Stay strong

i've only done meth about 10-15 times and the first few times i didn't use anything for the comedowns and it was HORRIBLE lol but after trying a few things i found a few ways to help ease the comedowns i'm actually coming down right now and i feel like shit but the best things to use are benzos, weed, and opiates, 6-8 hours after doing meth i would smoke a joint and do a benzo and they would ease my anxiety and depression as well as make me eat something and as far as opiates they REALLY help me with comedowns and also taking a hot shower works wonders too. meth comedowns are the most horrible thing i've ever dealt with and i strongly advise anybody ever trying meth but if you do then smoke a joint, take a benzo and do a opiate (i do perk 10's) and take a hot shower and you will be fine and one more thing when you do meth don't expect to get any sleep that night because all you will do is lay in your bed wide awake and it will make the comedown that much worse.

Klonopin works pretty well...or any similar drug for that matter, Xanax, Valium, etc.

minor tranquilizers + speed will make you feel like a zombie (at least that's how it works for me) but at least the aching, anxiety and pounding heart rate will be reduced