• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Recent bathsalts being sold as meth....CONCERNED

Status
Not open for further replies.

missmegandelaney

Bluelighter
So I live in this small county on the central coast.
There's not much too do here, expect drugs and sex.
Almost everyone tweaks it too.

I'd never try bathsalt, I see the effects it has on people.
I'm worried if I chose to try any type of bathsalt, it'd be a negative experince for me.
I'd probably go crazy.
So it worries me there are rumors that alot of 'dealers' are selling bathsalts instead of meth.

Does anyone know if they look similar?
When you smoke bathsalt, does it have a taste? Does it have an off color?
What are some negative effects of 'salt?

Nah its just that crank making ya paranoid. LOL jk .uh I doubt it because there is a lot more heat on the bathsalts then the meth which I don't understand why to be quite frank , To be honest the war on drugs is nonsense . Sorry offtopic , you will be able to tell if its bath salts if anything , just be cautious about large doses.

If they are being dicks by selling bath salts instead of meth, salts wont look like meth. They wont be as crystalline as meth and will probably have a powder cut to it. If theres no shards, it aint meth

If you are ever indoubt don't buy it. If you do buy it and take the chance try a small small amount.

My wise old friend told me years ago to always do a small sample of the drug before going all out because there are bad people out there that don't care about their customers. Plus you don't ever really know the potience or quality of the drug. He was talking about ecstasy,pressed pills, and cocaine, but I think it applies to every drug including weed.

I dont think bath salts look like shards, especially good ones, so just try not to buy "chalk" or powdery crank and you should be safe.

So I live in this small county on the central coast.
There's not much too do here, expect drugs and sex.
Almost everyone tweaks it too.

I'd never try bathsalt, I see the effects it has on people.
I'm worried if I chose to try any type of bathsalt, it'd be a negative experince for me.
I'd probably go crazy.
So it worries me there are rumors that alot of 'dealers' are selling bathsalts instead of meth.

Does anyone know if they look similar?
When you smoke bathsalt, does it have a taste? Does it have an off color?
What are some negative effects of 'salt?
There's no one single drug thats called a bath salt, its normally a cut mix of random research chemical stimulants such as apvp, butylone, 4-mec, pentedrone ect whatever's still legal at the time...yes they can look similar, now I dont know what the meth you're used to looks like but any crystal crushed up will be a white powder but at the same time yea uncut "bath salts" like 4-mec, 4-emc come in long rice crystal boulder shards. Meth is waay more likely to make you "go crazy" than any bath salt will dont believe any propganda about any drug ever its all bullshit, and you dont smoke "bath salts". Hope that helps, and no matter where you live doing drugs and having sex is all there ever is to do, I mean why would you want to be doing anything else?

If you've ever seen good shards, you'll instantly be able to tell the difference.

I've never done bath salts, but if you look at them, they look nothing like crystal.

I would imagine that: it's not completely clear like shards, it doesn't crush with the same pressure as shards, it doesn't react with water the way shards do, etc. I would imagine it tasting very differently when inhaled after vaporization, crystal has a distinct taste.

I don't know if this is universal because I've never been sold shards that had any powder, so if I saw powder I would back out, because I think that's a sign of poor quality meth (not saying powder = "bath salts") Small shards that have broken off the big one is cool, all you have to do is look at it basically, don't buy the product unless you have examined it first. This should go verbatim but it's shocking how many people just hand over money first, and I'm talking about for all illegally obtained drugs.

Always test your shit before going all out, don't cut yourself your normal sized line from a new bag, I've seen bad shit happen to people trying an unexpectedly strong batch without caution. Just because a batch is strong, doesn't make it bath salts, I'm pretty sure that after you do crystal long enough, you should know what it looks like, what's legit and what's not as good, and also you should know what's not even crystal to begin with.

Last edited:
Meth is probably as bad for you as most bath salts, and the psychosis "craziness" that you think will happen to you on salts can and will happen with meth. Its not the drug its the individual that doesn't know their limits and have dicipline with drugs.

As far as telling the difference, get a reagent test kit if your really paranoid, or just take a good whiff of what your buying. A lot of the cathinone "bathsalts" have a catpiss/coconut/distinct odor that is very different than pure amph's. IIRC, pure amph's don't really have much of a smell at all. Visually your much less likely to be able to tell the difference, shards vs. powder is a shitty way to tell the difference. I've seen ethylphenidate, 4-mec, 4-emc, and countless other "bathsalts" that are shards.

And please stop using the bathsalts misnomer. Its like calling all opiates dope, smack, etc. Your grouping a very large and pharmacologically different group of chemicals under one name and way oversimplifying your understanding of the compounds.

Meth is probably as bad for you as most bath salts, and the psychosis "craziness" that you think will happen to you on salts can and will happen with meth. Its not the drug its the individual that doesn't know their limits and have dicipline with drugs.

As far as telling the difference, get a reagent test kit if your really paranoid, or just take a good whiff of what your buying. A lot of the cathinone "bathsalts" have a catpiss/coconut/distinct odor that is very different than pure amph's. IIRC, pure amph's don't really have much of a smell at all. Visually your much less likely to be able to tell the difference, shards vs. powder is a shitty way to tell the difference. I've seen ethylphenidate, 4-mec, 4-emc, and countless other "bathsalts" that are shards.

And please stop using the bathsalts misnomer. Its like calling all opiates dope, smack, etc. Your grouping a very large and pharmacologically different group of chemicals under one name and way oversimplifying your understanding of the compounds.

Awesome first post.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying about shards vs powder.

Since this feels too much like substance ID and speculation, and since the term bath salts as mentioned, is not a particular drug, rather a vague term to classify a larger group of drugs, all with different properties, I'm going to close this for now because there is plenty of existing information on this subject if you use the search engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.