Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(120mg 4-fa + 120mg Methylone) Reasonably Experienced - Not what I hoped for

shadybeep

Bluelighter
Hi, 75kg male, early 30s here

I've read a few reports suggesting 4-fa and methylone is a very nice combination, so having both to hand I thought i'd give it a go. I really like 4-fa, even in preference to more powerful, more obviously euphoric drugs (although recent experience has led me to believe I should perhaps try to push the doses higher and this might occur!), but it has a rather long stimulatory phase after the initial euphoria, which I like, but I think would be nice supplemented with something more. Methylone I also like a great deal, although I think it's short duration is a bit annoying. I've never experienced any sort of bad effects from either drug in isolation, not even when redosing methylone several times.

So, I do 120mg 4-fa, chat to some people, become all nice and sociable so organise going to the pub and having a few drinks. Before I leave i wrap up 120mg methylone, and take that with me, although in the midst of the 4-fa happy time, I don't ever feel the need for more drugs. I think this might be the cause of my later problems, as most people reporting on this combination take the methylone shortly after the 4-fa come up, whereas I've been concerned that might be overwhelming instead of the pleasant floaty joy.

A couple of hours after being at the pub, maybe 2-3 pints of alcohol (I tend not to drink heavily on stimulants as I both have no desire to, and I feel it masks some of the nicer effects) The 4-fa glow is starting to fade into the mellow speedy end portion, so I take 120mg Methylone.

While I'd notice some effect from 120mg methylone (depending on how many similar drugs I have been doing in close proximity) I'd usually dose at about 160-180mg if it was by itself, for a pleasant high without any strange dizzy inducing come ups. It's worth noting that my first few trys with methylone worked equally as well at much lower doses (even 70mg by itself had me marvelling at how NICE everything was, without being particularly strong)

30-40 minutes or so pass, and I find myself unable to concentrate on the conversation, and was relieved when a friend of mine wanted to go out for a cigarette so I could cool down. I was sweating, obviously elevated body temperature (After recieving a hug someone told me I was REALLY REALLY warm!) Essentially no euphoria at all was noticed in this test. Stayed out, even though I was feeling pretty spaced out for an hour or so, until relatively quickly even those effects from the methylone wore off, and I just felt annoyed, sober, and come-downy.

All in all, I'd probably never do this combo again, as redosing 4-fa works very nicely, and I don't think I'd want to test doing the methylone earlier in the experience, as I never feel the 4-fa experience is lacking until the end.

I would however, be interested in anyone elses experiences with this combination, because it does seem rather popular! In particular, are you dosing at much lower levels when doing both? and are you doing them at the same time? I think for a synchronised come-up you'd need to do the methylone 10 minutes or so later, but I'm not sure about this.

You waited far too long to do the Methylone. I think that's the problem here. My preference was to do the 4-FA first and then wait about 30 minutes and then do the Methylone right as the 4-FA starts kicking in. Then you get tremendous euphoria (sometimes better than MDMA) from the combo. And then I would redose both as well a couple of hours into the night.

Now though my body is weak and I have a problem redosing the 4-FA at all. I took 3 doses the other night and almost died. 4 days of intense side effects including blood clots breaking off into my lungs and not being able to breath. I still never visit the hospital though. That's one reason I credit to my survival. Those fools would of finished me off a long time ago.

4 days of intense side effects including blood clots breaking off into my lungs and not being able to breath. I still never visit the hospital though. That's one reason I credit to my survival. Those fools would of finished me off a long time ago.

not being able to breathe is not the same as having PE. how do you know that was the problem if you never went hospital?

I get the shortness of breath from most empathogens and serotonergic stimulants if I overdo it, and also during the experience. At times it gets really aggravating/worrisome.

To be honest what you experienced is exactly what I would've expected with this combo but then again I don't tolerate stimulants very well at all. I like 4-fa for the first phase but strongly dislike the residual stim that accompanies the fun phase. Add a small dose of methylone which would be likely to merly cause stimulation on top of the already euphoria-less phase of 4-fa and what do you know, increased negative side effects. If I were to attempt the combo (which I won't) I would lower my average doses of both and dose at the same time that way your not crashing off one drug while the other is barely coming, sounds like an unpleasant time! For those who take this combination, do you guys not have problems with vasoconstriction? Both 4-fa and methylone (high doses) give me some nasty vasoconstriction and BP spikes but that may just be my sensitivity, either way be careful.

A lot of people like the combo, but honestly, on paper, it shouldn't work well--4fa is only a little serotonergic, so you wouldn't want a dopamine-skewed entactogen for pursuit of synergy.

ebola

I have done the combo a half dozen times or so. I agree that what I dont like is the second half of 4-fa as i feel extra dull and just awake. I have always taken methylone right before the 4-fa wears off. I normally take
+0 120mg of 4-fa
+4 plug 50mg
+5 plug 125mg methylone.

the methylone always makes me kinda sleepy (which is good honestly) and the synergy is amazing and lasts about 90 minutes. I easily fall asleep at +7/8 hours. timing has always been pretty specific. I have done different time intervals (methylone sooner and later) and they both increased side effects, sometimes really dysphoric, high BPM, dizzy. I do get quite bad vasoconstriction and plugging the methylone can actually cause mild pelvic burning sensation if you are already hopped up on 4-fa and really dehydrated. Drink lots of water and do it with a girl ;)

Alcohol tends to make this combo dysphoric once you add the methylone. 4-fa is ok with alcohol, and actually better with a bit, but too much and its unenjoyable.

I would say the combo is extremely euphoric, but in the end, the feelings dont last too long and can be taxing. hangover can be tough.

Back when i first did this combo i started in the morning...dosed 250 mgs of 4-Fa, waited 30 mins for it to kick in, then dosed 250 mgs methylone, I rolled balls at this point when the methylone kicked in. Normally I cant redose methylone because it doesnt do anything to me but cause uncomfortable sitmulation but in combo with the 4-FA I redosed like 3x that day (Both chems, random amounts) and believe it or not, the redose worked every time. I rolled very well for a solid 8+ hours doing this. And never really did comedown until night time. So, for some reason the 4-fa makes the methylone work better than it would on its own. I dont recommend anyone try what I did though. I thought i was invincible and back then I was more healthy. I remember actuallly thinking of how GOOD I could breath that day when I was on that combo. No bad effects at all. But after years of abusing RC's is when the shortness of breath and all that bad stuff started happening. I got to the point to where I couldnt even do 4-fa by itself or methylone either. I flushed it all because it was just causing way too many bad side effects. I never thought I'd flush methylone. lol actually had my girlfriend flush it for me cuz I couldnt bring myself to do it, but I am the one who asked her too, so technically its the same thing. It was just compulsive and I'd dose it even though I wasnt rolling from it anymore, only bad stimulation

To the person who asked how i know what I have without going to doctors...I really don't know I just research and do an educated guess. It's really not that hard to diagnose yourself. Even the doctors dont nessecarily know when they diagnose you they arent always right. My opinion is just as good, if not better than theirs as I know my own body better than they do

Funny last post was on 2-22 of last year and now I'm posting on 2-2 of this year

Synchronicity.Also ironically the LAST time I was in the hospital was Feb. 2nd of 1999

I overdosed on mushrooms that night and couldn't breath. They said I was breathing fine when they hooked me up to the machine. But i felt like my lungs turned to ice and I couldnt get any air in. Guess I was just tripping a bit too hard.. lol