• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

20mg zolpidem really didn't do anything?

onetwo

Bluelighter
I'm kind of confused, I took 20mg zolpidem and really nothing happened. Didn't feel tired at all, and didn't have any sort of "trip" at all either. Things were very slightly "weird" feeling, but I mean there were no hugely noticeable effects with it. What am I doing wrong? A lot of people say 10mg is a good dose that is still powerful and would make you remember none of it, but when I took twice that I still barely felt anything?

Thanks.

More is not better imho z/ regards to the zolp - experience/effectiveness can indeed be hit or miss - wouldn't be confused or worried - better luck next time

Some people just do not respond to zolpidem, even at high doses. The z-class hypnotics effect everyone differently.

My and my friend both felt the same, next to nothing.

I don't think that's all that unusual, I took it with 4 people and if I recall correctly only 1 of us felt anything (and that person just felt sleepy, not a fun high or anything).

I agree, not unusual at all.
Ambien doesn't work for me, but Zopiclone does (and I only need one Zopiclone).
I'm talking about using them for sleeping though, not recreationally.
Also remember that Ambien has a very short half life, only 2½ hours.

^That's a very good point. For most people it doesn't make you feel all drowsy, it just makes you fall asleep faster when you actually lie down and try to go to sleep. But that's also assuming the OP was taking it for sleep as opposed to recreationally. I can say for me it didn't have any value recreationally or as a sleep aid.

I found used properly, one tablet then immediately to bed was a fantastic sleep aid for the first few days. Alternatively I've eaten 7 of them at once and managed a whole night on the town without much drowsiness on other occasions. This was for actual insomnia with not attempting to k.o myself after stims (if thats relevant)

I started out with 10mg and felt it every single time. Now I have to use 20 mg to feel the same. A friend of mine had double vision off of just 10mg for her first time. I guess it just affects everyone differently.

OP--

OMG we did some again today. We each popped 10mg then about 45 minutes later we each railed about 20-25mg. Oh my god, we were REALLY fucked up.

I have had issues with Ambien not working well for me at times as well. I think someone said this before, some people do not respond to Ambien, some respond to lower doses over higher, some respond better to higher dosages. The one thing to be really careful about when railing ambien is well it burns like a MF'er and the other issue with ambien is that it can cause amnesia... This is where you have to be really careful, you take enough for where it can cause amnesia, and you will not remember a DAMN thing you did while you were high! This happened to my by accident, I wasn't trying to get high off it, but I took like 60 or 80 MG's (I honestly don't remember! lol) and what I do recall is that I could not fall asleep, what happened after that has been filled in by others lol thank god I was home and in my own bed (as far as I know!) and nothing happened, but I have heard some pretty f'ed up stories of others! :) So make sure if you plan to get messed up on it, stay put and stay with someone you trust, hide your keys and lock your doors! lol Have fun! :)

Same thing happened to me, quite disappointed.. I wasn't looking to get high or anything just one nice sleep for once! my doc tried me on mirtazipine but that made me sleep a full 22 hours!!

Same thing happened to me, quite disappointed.. I wasn't looking to get high or anything just one nice sleep for once! my doc tried me on mirtazipine but that made me sleep a full 22 hours!!

Remeron will do that to ya! I love that for sleep though, works great! Sorry OP, wasn't trying to hijack your post or anything! :)

the other issue with ambien is that it can cause amnesia... This is where you have to be really careful, you take enough for where it can cause amnesia, and you will not remember a DAMN thing you did while you were high! This happened to my by accident, I wasn't trying to get high off it, but I took like 60 or 80 MG's (I honestly don't remember! lol) and what I do recall is that I could not fall asleep, what happened after that has been filled in by others lol thank god I was home and in my own bed (as far as I know!) and nothing happened, but I have heard some pretty f'ed up stories of others! :) So make sure if you plan to get messed up on it, stay put and stay with someone you trust, hide your keys and lock your doors!
^This is good advice.

tumblr_ln5rd4ASEa1qz967z.gif

tumblr_ln5rdlRlkh1qz967z.gif

Hahaha Dancer you're the shit!!!

OP, Snort them bitches if you feel they aren't working. They have a high nasal bioavailability and a burn, but it's worth it IMHO.

could you plug em maybe? snorting burns like a bitch. i remmeber taking 15mgs of that and well that was the last time i took ambien ever again haha8o

Ive done it about 3 times it only worked the first time the other two i snorted and took them orally but they still never worked, people say they work most effectively on a completely empty stomach