• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids perk 30s

insane_butt

Greenlighter
Ive got a guy bringing me some perk 30s..he says he shoots em and is trying to get me to try it but is it really worth it or should i just snort the fuckers like usual?

NO! Please man don't shoot them, it's so pointless and stupid and harmful for your health.

There's literally no advantage to injecting over taking oxycodone nasally, or better yet orally. Orally is by far the best ROA for oxycodone, it's more efficient than nasal, meaning more drugs are absorbed meaning you get more bang for your buck, and it has the best duration, intensity, and the onset of 15-20 minutes is really not worth messing with.

Don't shoot it man, there's no rush at all, and it cannot be done safely without a micron filter anyways, the inactive ingredients will float around as free particles in your circulatory system until they clog the fine blood vessels in your lungs which eventually can lead to a pulmonary embolism/edema and other severe often fatal complications.

Everything Tricomb said. We seem to always jump on these threads because as past or present IV drug users, we know oxycodone does not produce a rush. PERIOD. I'm sure some will disagree with me, but I stand firm on this position, I have tried multiple times in vain (ha) to get something out of IV, whether it was the 30mg IR's or the original OxyContin. No doubt the instant onset may feel a bit intense to those not familiar with it, but it is nothing like heroin, morphine, oxymorphone, dilaudid etc... Besides that, the needle is an addiction of its owne. If you like oxycodone, amd want to get the most out of it, take it orally-c'mon man, with a BA ranging from 80-86% and no rush upon injection, there is no excuse to shoot it. Learn from the mistakes of others (or try).

Yeah really there's nothing to be gained by shooting it, is 13% BA increase worth the risks of IV complications both short and long-term? I would be inclined to say, no, it's not worth it. It's what should be considered a negligible/insignificant/you-wont-feel-the-difference loss.

Case Studies

IV Complications

i get a rush from shooting oxycodone it's about half as strong as the rush form dilaudid but it's still nothing i'd suggest to anyone

As many others have said... Down the hatch for sure, other ROAs add risk, or are just less convenient. They also don't make it noticeably any better or more effective.

Maybe try to talk to your friend too, IV with these is dangerous territory and I hate to see anything bad happen.

You know what, this friend maybe is like "friend", or smth ? I'm not trying to affect you, but WTF? He's IV them, so he knows the addiction the fuckin needle has by itself, he's supposed to be your friend, so, he must tell you that the needle is a fuckin nasty habit (and in the case of oxycodone has no sense, as the above people already told..), except if he's newbie in IV and maybe think that it's smth like Godsend, but it's a fuckin curse, please believe me, i was shooting h for years, and maybe i would doing it still if i could, don't shoot the fuckin oxy and try to open his eyes and make him stop, eat or snort the fuckin thing..if you're not new to the drug, maybe you have understand that doing opiates is a nasty habit, make them IV is the worst scenario you could have, trust me..i'm not fuckin pretending to be the good boy, which i'm not, but you have to believe me..or fuckin regret it tomorrow (don't try to sound like a drama,even if it IS a drama..)..Just make the right decision..

MartinFn

You know what, this friend maybe is like "friend", or smth ? I'm not trying to affect you, but WTF? He's IV them, so he knows the addiction the fuckin needle has by itself, he's supposed to be your friend, so, he must tell you that the needle is a fuckin nasty habit (and in the case of oxycodone has no sense, as the above people already told..), except if he's newbie in IV and maybe think that it's smth like Godsend, but it's a fuckin curse, please believe me, i was shooting h for years, and maybe i would doing it still if i could, don't shoot the fuckin oxy and try to open his eyes and make him stop, eat or snort the fuckin thing..if you're not new to the drug, maybe you have understand that doing opiates is a nasty habit, make them IV is the worst scenario you could have, trust me..i'm not fuckin pretending to be the good boy, which i'm not, but you have to believe me..or fuckin regret it tomorrow (don't try to sound like a drama,even if it IS a drama..)..Just make the right decision..

MartinFn

Good point, Martin
How good a friend can he/she be? At best, it's a "misery loves company" deal. Maybe there's no malicious intent in mind-at least consciously.
Either way, this being a harm reduction forum, I doubt you'll find many who will encourage you to IV anything if you've never done it before.
And just so you know (as I see you are new-Welcome, BTW!), Tricomb and Zneg are very well respected around here, and not just due to the "Moderator" under their names. They won't blow smoke up your butt- they will tell you the real deal.
I hope you'll take everyone's advice on this :)

If you're used to snorting them, stick to that ROA. Or better yet, take them orally.

From a Harm Reduction Point Of View, Shooting up Oxycodone is a bad idea.

A) Shooting Pills is dangerous of course, more so than shooting heroin.

B) Shooting Oxycodone is not much more potent than taking it orally! Orally does not have the immediate onset/rush. So if that's what you're looking for.. I suggest maybe eating half the dose, and snorting half the dose.

Be safe. If you don't shoot, I wouldn't start.

yea the needle is a slippery slope for sure and if i could go back in time i would have never jumped in with both feet. I get a tush from banging oxy, this is the oxy 40s back when they were abusable, same for the IR formulations. Its not a rush like morphine or heroin, but its there. id just stick with bumpin them if thats how you do it, or shit even taking them orally try parachuting them, the oral ba is so high that if you dont mind waiting to get high it lasts a good while.

I realize I'm getting a little off topic here, but I've tried insufflation with my oxycodone IR 30mg's a couple times. I only tried it out of curiosity, and take them for legitimate pain...all I've gotten from it is an AWFUL headache and a general feeling of doom, like something really bad is about to happen. I ended up just waiting impatiently for it to be overwith.
Isn't that weird? Anyone else experience anything like this?