• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin sedation and euphoria

Just happened on this thread by accident. I'm really surprised that folks get euphoria from gabapentin and at relatively small doses. I have a nerve disorder and a script for 800mg pills, 4 times a day (have had it for 5 years now). I usually only take it 3 times a day and save that extra one or half of one for the occasional really bad day. I have never experienced anything close to euphoria or even feel them at all, besides the nerve relief. I have never tried taking larger doses at once, though (thinking about it now lol).

I have never tried taking larger doses at once, though (thinking about it now lol).

Gabapentin is euphoric but only in high doses. Below are the list of some desirable effects I get from high doses of Gabapentin:

• Sedation and Relaxation.
  • Zombie-Like state.
  • An Opiate-like Euphoria which lasts up to 12 hours.
  • Insomnia.

Neurontin is always a good medication to have on hand, I personally use it to mix with other medications that I am on such as Suboxone Adderall and Klonopin.
Even taking it by itself I find it quite enjoyable it's nothing special but it is something, I personally did not go above 800 mg because if I do I will be very uncomfortable I will feel dysphoric.

Just happened on this thread by accident. I'm really surprised that folks get euphoria from gabapentin and at relatively small doses. I have a nerve disorder and a script for 800mg pills, 4 times a day (have had it for 5 years now). I usually only take it 3 times a day and save that extra one or half of one for the occasional really bad day. I have never experienced anything close to euphoria or even feel them at all, besides the nerve relief. I have never tried taking larger doses at once, though (thinking about it now lol).

I would imagine that you have been taking it to long to experience any sort of euphoria or even any recreational feelings no matter what dose you were to take. Your body is just way to used to it and you have a tolerance, even a lot of people who don't take it everyday and have low tolerances don't get all that much from it even at huge doeses.

The effects seem to vary greatly from person to person but one thing seems to apply to all no matter how big or small the effects they receive are, and that is that tolerance builds very rapidly and you soon reach a point where there is next to no rectional value to them any more and must let your tolerance drop to feel anything recreational. Probably just like some of the people who eat benzos everyday as prescribed dont really feel any recreational effects from them, even at higher doses. And i think if you have bad anxiety you get diminished recreational effects because the medication has to overcome that too. My guess the same principal could possibly apply to you with your nerve pain. Could be wrong and maybe others can chime in too...

I think the people who see recreational value in gabapentin are people who are not into "harder" drugs and pills... otherwise the effects for gabapentin are pretty anti-climatic for most. But if you never experienced those other drugs then I could imagine the effects of gabapentin and Lyrica might be very stimulating.

And as for the benzos, usally people who don't feel any recreational effects from benzos are the ones who take it everyday and they don't really take large enough doses. When I was at the height of my benzo bender times I was never be taking it everyday like it would be prescribed to someone and took I it in high to extremely highest doses. I would get really good recreational effects and euphoria.

I would also sometimes do super dumb things like mixing benzos with other things like opiates and alcohol. Which is a very very bad idea and has killed alot of people and should never be done... I would black out and eat so many pills I didn't even know how many I ate and bottles would be polished off... was a dark time in my life..

Not bad, but I need 6g to get nice buzz from it, while I wait I drink alcohol, after alcohol wears off I feel good already, and yes staggering is best way, I have 600mg, so I take 10 them in 6 hour period.

Been using this for the last few months to "hold" in-between periods of heroin scarcity. Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually just developing withdrawal from gabapentin instead of using it to not stay dopesick. Always wake up in the morning feeling like dog shit until I take a few 400s. Generally okay the rest of the day and sleep okay, which is weird because it has a short half-life...

Don't take it daily unless you NEED to, otherwise your tolerance just skyrockets. True first timers will enjoy it the first few times.... aim for around 1-1.5 grams first time.

There are a lot of different people opinion on this drug. It's ALOT different from benzos as it really doesn't work on GABA. It works on calcium channels and alpha2delta like other posted stated. There isn't much understanding on how it really works though. I find them A lot more euphoric then a benzo. Good for social anxiety not so good for panic attacks etc. it's a drug like nothing else and tolerance does build very rapidly.

Also the WAY you take it vastly changes the strength. The bio avalivitly is very unstable, spacing your doses will increase BA and so will having some food in your stomach.

As for effects
1st time
-stimulation/mania
-drowsiness
-mild euphoria
-mild CEV
-mild dissociative effects
-reduced anxiety
These effects vastly are effected by dose

As tolerance builds
-body buzz
-milder euphoria
-reduced anxiety
-drowsiness
-mild dissociative effects
Of course this is what I feel. As tolerance builds the stimulation will not be there but anxiety will still be taken care of. I usally nod off when I get home for a good 30-45 mins unless I drink caffeine witch changes the feel a whole lot.
I take 1200mg and don't go above because it really does help anxiety. So if your taking it everyday as long as you don't up your dose the therapeutic effects should usally be there. But it diminishes recreationally.

dude i took 10 pills 300mg gabapentin & nothing happened ... i didn't feel any fucken thing !!! am not newcomer to drugs .. been using different types for 15 years .. i really wanna experience this euphoria and dat BuZZ ur talking about guys anyone can help me with this ?

dude i took a one shot 10 pills 300mg gabapentin and nothing happened .. didn't feel any fucking thing .. am not newcomer to drugs been using different types since 15 years .. i really wanna try this Euphoria and dat Buzz ur talking about guys .. i've been reading alot about Gabapentin (neurontin) and it tried it today but felt nothing ... Zero effect

i took 10 pills 300mg gabapenting (neurontin) .. and nothing happened & didn't feel anything .. no Euphoria no Buzz ... no high !! whats the problem here ?? can you help ?

am not newcomer & been using different kinds of drugs since 15 years

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Bluelight, newcomer OSH. You are a newcomer to Bluelight, anyway.

Taking 10 doses of anything at once is usually not a smart thing to do, but you won't get hurt from that gabapentin dose (if you're healthy and not allergic and don't choke on them). It's even kind of routine to eat 3 grams of gabapentin at once, but a bit pointless.

I recommend you become familiar with our gabapentin MegaThread to get the latest scoop on who took how much.

For one thing, they come in 100, 300 and 600mg pills, probably other doses too, and as capsules. I'm prescribed 1800mg/day, but I try to horde them when I can.

Some people fall asleep on 100mg, other people find they can eat an entire bottle and feel only a bit sick from that much extra chalk and titanium oxide (white pigment) in their guts.

Turns out that gabapentin has a bioavailability that decreases with dosage, so that the more you eat in one sitting, the less (as a percentage) is even absorbed:

Oral Bioavailability: Gabapentin bioavailability is not dose proportional; i.e., as dose is increased, bioavailability decreases. Bioavailability of gabapentin is approximately 60%, 47%,34%, 33%, and 27% following 900, 1200, 2400, 3600, and 4800 mg/day given in 3 divided doses, respectively. Food has only a slight effect on the rate and extent of absorption of gabapentin (14% increase in AUC and Cmax).

--From the FDA Monograph

Single Dose (mg)Availability (%)Absorbed Dose (mg)

Or, to put it in more graphical terms, I made a chart, after suddenly realizing I actually do have free spreadsheet software. It's free, which might explain why I can't get the trendline to intersect the origin, but you get the idea.

A REALLY BAD GRAPH, BUT PRACTICE ON SOFTWARE:
FOR ILLUSTRATION ONLY, not in support of any argument

The other line is a generic drug that has the same absorbance at all doses, which I kept as gabapentin's 300mg 60%.

From the chart very loosely extrapolating, you can see that your 3 gram dose is really more like 600mg, a BA of 20%. If you'd taken 1200mg, waited an hour, then another 1200mg, you might absorb 800mg in total.

Reality is complicated, individual differences huge, and this should in no way be used to extrapolate that far into your dosing, just illustrative of how GBP offers diminishing returns, and like I said, I remembered I can draw shitty graphs, from shitty data. Don't ask for statistics on that data.

There's a point where the transporter necessary to pump what, to your body, looks like a weird amino acid, becomes saturated and can't increase the rate, meaning there's a chance you just poop more and more of the drug out. Estimates exist for a maximal daily absorbed dose in the 5-7 gram range. No one is known to have measured single-doses above 1600mg, much less 3000mg.

What is known is that you're just wasting anything above 1800mg. Also, some people just don't seem to respond to this fickle mistress. Sometimes, if a guy tries too hard, it just becomes a turn-off. Gabapentin will help you out on her schedule, not yours.

I have found it very interesting that so many people who take gabapentin feel the need to increase their dosages so quickly and so high for it to continue working for them. I'm on Gralise, which is an extended release version of Gabapentin.

My doctor initially started me on the 300 mg pills at night after I had eaten. But it's just one pill and its extended-release so it works through the next day. Two years later he increased it to One 600 mg pill at night after I ate and it's been 2 years and I'm still on the 600 mg pill at dinner time.

It is recommended that you take 2400 mg of Gralise, which is supposed to be slowly increased over the period of one month, but I could never handle that high of a dose. My 600 milligram pill still takes away my anxiety and takes away the burning sensation I have in my nerves plus I can feel it working and it has a slight euphoric feel to it. If I took a dose that was higher than that I would probably end up sleeping until 10 a.m. the next morning LOL.

It's just always weird to me that everyone ends up taking five or six thousand mg a day and I can stay on One 600 mg pill and still have it feel the same way that it did years ago. I know that Gralise has a different mechanism for the way that it works but I don't quite understand exactly what it is.

Wow, never heard of a gabapentin ER before. Ironic, really: you say it takes 3-4 hours to kick-in, but that's the same as the regular "instant" release version.

It also sounds like you may have actual, medical indications for the stuff (ie., nerve pain). Most of us here use it to get high, or I mean, for anxiolysis or to manage opioid withdrawal symptoms. Thankfully I don't have any nerve pain yet, so I can't say how well the IR ones work for me. Point is, necessary dosages may be a bit different.

And even though tolerance is fast, that doesn't mean "becomes ineffective in five days." I can still get a pleasant buzz, or I mean, cessation of subjective anxiogenic trigger susceptibility, three weeks in at 1800-2400mg/day, but feeling good quickly becomes unpredictable.

OK, now for some comparative data:

Pharmacokinetic
Parameters
(Mean ? SD)
Gralise
1800 mg QD
Gabapentin Immediate Release
600 mg TID
* = relative to most recent dose
AUC0-24 (ng?hr/mL)132,808 ? 34,701141,301 ? 29,759
Cmax (ng/mL)9,585 ? 2,3268,536 ? 1,715
Cmin (ng/mL)1,842 ? 6542,588 ? 783
Tmax (hr) median (range)8 (3-12)2 (1-5)*

Dang, I got excited until I realized that with the error overlapping so much, the two versions are basically identical, even the time to max level might not be significant.

Well, the minimum concentration might be meaningful at least, and might explain how a IR user might ironically become tolerant sooner: if you never drop back down to "zero", you will become tolerant, no matter what the drug is; this says maybe the once-a-day dosing provides slightly higher peaks and lower troughs, enough to keep your neurons guessing longer.

But that's a stretch.

i have no opiate tolerance as i dont even take painkillers ( dont like the feeling of swallowing pills tbh ) and i have just eaten 2 x 600mg of gabapentin 1.5 hours ago. Don't really feel anything. Should i go for more or should i wait a bit? I ate 3 hours before i consumed the pills.

You can eat another 600mg, Run, you'll be OK at this point.

You should know that gabapentin is not an opioid, and doesn't interact with them, won't lead to cross tolerance.

Scrofula you are probably right. I assumed at least a few people here used it for nerve pain and shingles. After reading the huge doses listed I'm beginning to think I'm the only one using Gralise as prescribed lol.

In a few years I may go to 900 mgs after dinner, but as long as 600 mgs works I see no reason to increase it. My doctor would do it in a heartbeat but why?
Interesting discuss though. I think I'd be a blabbering idiot on 1200 mgs!

I read the same propaganda as him I believe it was labeled something like "uncontrolled drug large part of opioid epidemic" than I saw it was gabapentin laughed and didn't read the article...