• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Sulfate pills have no rec value unless plugged or injected?

doctorwtf

Greenlighter
First let me start off by saying before July 1st I had zero opiate tollerance. On July 1st I was jumped by two guys and got my head kicked in pretty bad, they fractured my skull and the doctor had to remove bone fragments from the brain, some of which are still there to this day. Doctor says I'm lucky to not be in a coma.

In the hospital I was getting fentanyl and morphine IV shots around the clock which definately raised my tollerence. I then switched hospitals because of my insurance and over there I was given a 2mg dilaudid shot every 2 hours along with percocet and morphine sulfate pills. They weened me off the IV and let me go home with a script of 10mg percocet and 30mg morphine sulfate (little purple pills M inside of a square on one side, 30 on other).

While I was in the hospital I was given 3 tablets of the morphine (90mg) 3 times a day. I would always spit them out when the nurse left wipe off the purple coating and snort them. Now that I'm home I'm wondering if the high I felt from that was mostly from the IV dilaudid being boosted because its been pretty disappointing.

I have done a lot of google searched on this and it seems like the only way to really get a good buzz going with these pills is to IV them or plug them. Neither of which I'm too comfortable with. I've tried everytrhing else I don't know if its the pills or if its my tolerance. They had me pretty doped up for about 2 weeks straight. I'd say aabout 12 days then they started weening me off preparing me to go home. I don't know what else to try though, I snorted 180mg at once, left 270mg underneath my tongue for over 2 hours and the things really do just gel up. I'm soaking 3 in water over night right now to see if they actually dissolve to try drinking them. Any insight is appreciated I ran out of percs and would like to get more out of these morphine pills. Thanks for all replies.

Here is the thing. Morphine is the best painkiller there is out there, bar none. Morphine along with its immediate family (heroin is a morphine prodrug, so it is essentially the same drug - "morphine diacetate" is heroin). The others are nicomorphine (morphine dinicotinate), dipropanoylmorphine (morphine dipropionate), dibenzoylmorphine, diacetyldihydromorphine and a couple of others are the very best pain medications out there.

Morphine has a poor oral and intranasal BA so that it is not very effective when taken via those routes. It is still highly effective orally when taken in the appropriate doses, but the best way to go with morphine is IV. No drug - not Dilaudid, not oxycodone, not oxymorphone, not hydrocodone, not any opioid is as effective for pain or for recreational purposes as morphine or its very immediate family is.

This IMO, Morphine is by far the superior opiate analgesic despite its poor oral BA. In the right dosages, oral morphine still far exceeds the efficacy of other narcotic analgesics.

Last edited:
Is that so? I was under the impression that morphine was more prone to side-effects than the newer semisynthetics, which are all at least equally effective as mu-opioid agonists.

Varies on a case by case patient by patient basis.

I'd much prefer morphine over hydrocodone or oxycodone

Here is the thing. Morphine is the best painkiller there is out there, bar none. Morphine along with its immediate family (heroin is a morphine prodrug, so it is essentially the same drug - "morphine diacetate" is heroin). The others are nicomorphine (morphine dinicotinate), dipropanoylmorphine (morphine dipropionate), dibenzoylmorphine, diacetyldihydromorphine and a couple of others are the very best pain medications out there.

Morphine has a poor oral and intranasal BA so that it is not very effective when taken via those routes. It is still highly effective orally when taken in the appropriate doses, but the best way to go with morphine is IV. No drug - not Dilaudid, not oxycodone, not oxymorphone, not hydrocodone, not any opioid is as effective for pain or for recreational purposes as morphine or its very immediate family is.

This is really ignorant to say. People's responses to opioids will be different so their levels of relief or levels of intoxication enjoyment will vary.

I hate generalizations like this because it doesn't do much but prevent individuals in a professional level be limited on the medications they can try that will work for them. I know some people hate tramadol and I'm not talking about someone who has a lot of opioid experience And a large tolerance, but others find it to help there specific pain better than semi synthetic opiate derivatives.

People need to find what works for them

I find that morphine has more nausea, GI problems, itchiness and a slower onset than say oxy or H, but it's still pretty good and effective, regardless of the ROA. It's still the gold standard of opiates, and pretty cheap too.

Snorting or sublingual morphine sucks. It's no better than PO, basically the only drug that doesn't work with these ROAs. IN morphine may only work when mixed with chitosan, unless that one study is bullshit.

I find that PO morphine 30mg=PO oxycodone 10mg. You just got to take more PO, no need to IV. Best is morphine solutions, followed by IR pills. ER morphine pills seem less effective even crushed.

For me, PO morphine doesn't have worse side effects in those regards but everyone is different.

Best taken orally untampered with.

I agree with what was said above, morphine is very effective you just need to take more because of it's low BA when taken orally.
Even after quitting opiates for 3 months I need a minimum of 200mg. 400mg to feel the full effects though. I actually didn't notice a difference between plugging and just taking the pills.

Morphine makes me feel really itchy though and the next day the skin on my face is extremely dry and starts peeling which I don't get from Oxy. Morphine is definitely more sedative.

I would crush the pills for faster onset and increase the amount of mgs. Definitely don't snort them, it's a total waste.
And yes, being in the hospital and on that many opiates will jack up your tolerance like crazy.

Never tried morphine orally or recreationally, but out of interest, how does it compare with Diconal?
(Both drugs taken orally untampered with.)

Have you only tried Diconal but not morphine? Well then I've got a deal for you=D.J/K

Both are good, but Diconal is reputed to be up there with ketobemidone(supposedly the most addictive opioid ever made).

Thanks for all the replies. I finally decided I would try plugging the pills and failed, they would just gel up in the syringe plugging it up. Snorting seems like a waste now but while I was in the hospital snorting 120mgs seemed to give a real good buzz. I'm just gonna crush up my remaining 240mg and let it dissolve in water and drink it. Feel kinda mad I wasted so many pills but you live and learn I guess. I still cant figure out what I did wrong in plugging I followed many tutorials and even used 10ml of water for 1 30mg pill which didnt seem to gel but didnt feel any effect. I dont even think Ive tried taking the morphine untampered with.... crushing would always make it hit faster no matter what drug it is though wouldnt it?

Did you read or follow my guide? I bet you didn't wait 8-12 hours for the morphine and water solution to saturate. I responded to your other thread on this.

thanks tricomb, I will definately try that when I get my refill on monday. One question, should I let the pills soak in the amount I am going to plug? Will the pills absorb in just 10ml of water? Do I need to filter out the gel before pulling the water into the syringe? and are isopropyl alcohol swab neccesarry? I've just been putting them in my mouth and wiping them off on a paper towel then getting the sides with a q-tip. Thanks again I dont understand why your tutorial is different then the 10 other ones I read but I have confidence yours will work.

My guide touches on all of that. You do not need to filter out any gel, nor do you need isopropyl alcohol as you will be plugging, not injecting. 10mL of water is quite a bit, remember that you can saturate up to ~60mg morphine per every mL of water, so it depends how much you're trying to plug but I would HIGHLY recommend you do not start by plugging the same amount you've been taking. There's a chance it will be too much, so I would try 30mg the first time, which should dissolve just fine in 1mL of water. What brand of morphine are you using?

My guide is different from the other 10 guides because mine actually works, hah. It's the only method that has ever made a significant difference in effects, written from a harm reduction standpoint, hence all the extra precautions.

Best of luck to you, let us know how it goes.

I would plug morphine for sure. For pain relief morphine works amazing for me and last longer then oxycodone. I still prefer oxycodone for the stimulation and euphoria it gives. But when it comes to morphine it's got that nod aspect that is just great. Not everyone reacts the same to medications. Morphine will always be the gold standard as far as opiates go. Like others said the low ba makes it a little more tricky. If you eat a 30mg oxy and then next time eat a 30mg morphine, the oxy is going to hit way harder because it has a 90% oral ba the morphine on the other hand your only going to get about 10mg's out of the 30mg pill from that roa. The thing with morphine is, you either love it or you hate it. Some people just get sleepy from it. The intranasal ba also sucks, it's like %10 or something, so that's a huge waste. What makes oxycodone so attractive is the fact that the oral BA is very high and intranasal is a viable option.

So if you can get a high enough dose of morphine in your body it's going to be really similar, but way more sedating then oxycodone.

Oxycodone in general is pretty damn stimulating by nature, dose depending of course.

I love morphine, I have no idea how anyone can hate it.

On an equianalgesic dose, I'd choose morphine over oxycodone ten times out of ten.

It certainly does last much longer than oxycodone.

i snort it and its like an oxy come up thats last for a little, but i feel like i never get over the hump...but snorting is ok...it DOES work..although i like a buzz and im not one of those lets see how fucked up i can get people, i just like an altered experience..