• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Missed my cocaine injection

Did your whole appendage go numb? I know when I miss a shot of coke, my whole arm goes completely numb..hah. It will absorb into your system slowly... but the whole point of IV'ing cocaine is for the rush.. so if you miss your shot, it's over and wasted. Best thing to do is just wait an hour or so if you can stand it, and take another one being extra careful not to miss again. There's no more frustrating feeling to me than missing coke shots.. craving that bellringer so bad, being so close, and just having it slip away. Totally sucks. Try to suppress the fiend in you though that automatically wants to load up another shot and try again. You can end up missing even more, destroying your arm, and injecting way too much cocaine.

Yeah, it's a crazy sensation when you miss. Man... It's been a long time since I shot coke. Used to be my main thang.

Do you mean by shooting into the groin, injection into the femoral vein? Please dont do this, this is a very dangerous practice!
^Exactly what I was just going to say. Stick to your arms, there is no need to be moving on to risky areas when you are so new to injecting. There is tons of good advice on Bluelight about injection technique, best IV locations, vein care and how to hit a vein.

As for the problem of registering but then missing halfway through, inject slowly and try registering again partway through injecting to make sure it's still in the vein. And if injecting ever feels painful, weird, or just "wrong" somehow, stop injecting and register again.

I have been injecting drugs for 6 years and never once have I had to use anywhere else other than the crook of my elbow, my hands and once in my foot. If you are new to injecting there is no need to use anywhere else, you should definitely have a look at a vein map and learn about where some safer veins to use are. If im having trouble finding veins I put the palm of my hand on the crook of my arm(or wherever) and push all the skin to one side, you should see the outlines of your veins where the skin is being pulled taught. This of course will only work if your veins are not constricted.

Some tips to get your veins dilated are drink lots of water and keep hydrated, have a hot shower or stand in front of a heater, dangle your arms down below your body which will cause blood to rush into your arms causing vaso-dilation, go for a quick run/power-walk to get your heart pumping blood into your extremities, im sure theres more too just do a search. Of course using one or more of these methods together will give the best results. Personally I stand in front of the heater then dangle my arm between my legs(sitting in a chair) and I havent missed a shot in about 3-4 years, I have good veins but I honestly dont understand how experienced users manage to miss so much. If you plan to keep using then taking care of your veins should be one of your top priorities, theres nothing worse than stabbing yourself to the point of having a blunt needle and blood everywhere, its not a good look and it will prevent you from indulging in the future.

My problem is once i get in the vein- i cant pull the plunger back without it moving, or if I do get it back while trying to inject i move the needle and miss! its very frustrating! I can do it on other people perfectly but not on myself!! ANY advise!?!

injecting yourself

I am having trouble 1 finding a vein on myself and keeping it still. 2 while i pull back the plunger & try to inject.. I move the needle out of place and miss or i get it in after a bunch of trys and its half gone!! any advise on how to keep it stable?! I can do it on other people perfectly, but not on myself! iv tried everything even my feet and legs. Also i tried using my mouth to do it while my hands held it into place! its soo annoying any tips please?!?!?

One thing I do to keep a steady hand (which is hard as hell btw) is that I rest my hand on my arm and rest my arm on my leg. I get shaky as f@*k so I don't even try to do it free hand . kinda the same concept as aiming a gun. Hope that helps. Missing coke sucks. I've done it countless times and almost lost my arm after shooting into an artery.

My former dealer who was also pimping ou girls and completely clean. I mean didnt even smoke weed, well anyway he started shooting up out of nowhere due to his sciatica. He was the worst at intervenous drugs use, missing his veins, leavinghos supplies around. I started gagging watching him.