• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread IV

tricomb

Bluelight Crew
V.3 just passed 1000 posts, here's version 4 (IV). All Poppy Pod/ Poppy Seed Tea discussion goes here, relevant threads will be merged here.

Part I
Part II
Part III

Steep away! errr well maybe don't steep;)

if you find your post has disappeared it is likely because it is off topic and not adding to the topic at hand.

BodhiSvaha33 said:
A lot of this has been covered elsewhere but I wanted to make a single thread revolving around the noble aim of getting as high as possible for your poppy $$, share my experiences, and solicit others' ideas.

Seeds or Pods?
My experience: either works, subjective effect is indistinguishable, however the potency of seeds is simply too variable. I stick with pods.

What Kind?
As long as it's Papaver somniferum, it doesn't seem to matter much. Larger pods are more expensive gram-for-gram than small ones (probably because they are more sought after by flower arrangers), so I buy small pods, strain irrelevant.

How to Prepare?
For seeds: actives are all on the outside, so the best prep method is to shake for a minute or two in hot water and then strain. Steeping merely causes morphine in solution to soak into the seeds and be lost.

For pods: Grinding into a fine powder is my preferred method, but simply crushing the pods by hand seems to work just as well. Dosing by weight of ground powder is highly recommended to standardize the experience and lower the risk of accidental OD. I place the powder in tea filters and steep it in ~90C water (not quite boiling) for 20-30 minutes. Acidifying the water does not seem to help. After I do a hot water extraction, I generally leave the powder in cold water for another 8-12 hours and then use that water as a base for the next batch of tea. This does improve potency a fair amount.

How to Administer?
There are three good options: eat the pods, drink the tea, or plug the tea. Eating the pods is certainly the best way to get all the actives, but I opt for plugging in order to avoid unpleasant GI side effects. Rachamim mentioned in another thread that basifying the tea might help with bioavailability when plugging. I tried this today (3g calcium carbonate added to 750mL of solution), but it had no appreciable effect other than a burning sensation when plugged.

How to Potentiate?
Cimetidine (Tagamet) and grapefruit juice are usually mentioned as good potentiators. They seem to make little difference when plugging, probably because drugs absorbed through the colon are only partially subject to first-pass metabolism in any case. Even when poppies are consumed orally, the potentiation is not likely to be more than 10% or so. Worth a try, but don't get your hopes up.

Two substances that do work very well in combination with poppy tea are DXM (dextromethorphan, available OTC in cough remedies, but make sure it's the only active ingredient), and diphenhydramine (available in OTC allergy medications). I have found that even the "recommended" dose of these substances produces substantial effects in combination with poppy tea. I'm not sure potentiation is the correct term, though, because these substances are each psychoactive independently and add their own coloration to the experience. For instance, diphenhydramine makes me very sleepy. YMMV.

IMO the best "potentiator" of poppy tea is set and setting. Using the tea when you are relaxed and have no responsibilities or places to go is the best way to ensure a positive experience.

Tolerance
Tolerance is an unfortunate fact of life with opiates, and morphine is the original opiate. I have heard anecdotal reports that using small amounts of DXM daily can reduce opiate tolerance, but I have seen no clinical data on this and in my experience the effect is minor.

method for purifying tea, more than just evapourating the water (posted from DexterMeth here)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, just had my first pst, very mild, I only went with 300g.

Still, after a beer I'm in a pritty good place.

Think I'll stick with cwe, but this is good for a change.

i agree with most of the post tricomb posted above, but i can definitely tell the difference in effect between pod tea and seed tea.
hard to put into words, but they're certainly different for me. i prefer the effect of pods, but i think seeds last longer.
i can get a lot higher with pods, whereas if i push the dose of pst, i just end up feeling a bit strange. headache, nausea.
must say that i enjoy them both though.

"Originally Posted by BodhiSvaha33. After I do a hot water extraction, I generally leave the powder in cold water for another 8-12 hours and then use that water as a base for the next batch of tea. This does improve potency a fair amount."

What an excellent idea. I have been saving up my used grounds that had had one extraction done on them, and then after about 3 days I'd end up with about 3 cereal bowl fulls of the stuff, and then i was dumping the whole lot into one big pan of hot water and then leaving to soak for hours before straining off the grounds from the liquid. All this would yield a much weaker and more dilute brew than the original extraction, but I'd still get two of my usual doses out of this recycled brew. Each of these doses would be about a pint or more of fairly dilute brew, but it could be easily consumed over the course of an hour or so, taking a gulp or big sip of it every few minutes.

I think BodhiSvaha33's method is a MUCH better idea though. Definately going to try this on my next brewing.

The only problem though is that I need to start thinking about stabilising my daily dose of PPT, so that I can then start working out a taper off of them from there. Making the tea this way sounds like it will be much stronger, so it's going to be hard to standardise the dosage. Oh well, I think I will just treat myself with this method for a few days, until i get a new delivery of pods in, then I'm going to grind the whole lot down into one batch of powder, so that I'm left with a large homogonous mix of powder, from which I can start stabilising and tapering my dose.

I'd like to use pods instead of seeds, but they're so expensive compared to two years ago that it's insulting. Might as well buy oxy.

Man i think i'm going to get me some Poppy Pods/Seeds-whatever. Is it compareable to Kratom, or how is it effects-wise!? Thanks.

Man i think i'm going to get me some Poppy Pods/Seeds-whatever. Is it compareable to Kratom, or how is it effects-wise!? Thanks.

i would say much stronger than kratom, i IV heroin (or used to? haven't for a month) and get nothing from large amounts of kratom except mild WD removal. 20g of poppy pod tea gets me feeling mildly good.

it's a big step up. kratom is not really an opioid, poppy pod tea is morphine, codeine, thebaine (precursors to heroin, oxymorphone, hydromorphone etc) so really think if this is a good descision to make.

and the WD from poppy pod tea lasts about two weeks but is milder than a comparable heroin habit.

so really think if this is a good descision to make.

What do you mean? Is it or is it not a good decision? I really like Kratom (and the nod) so i thought this could probably be some nice new field of experimentation.

^^^^^ I guess he means, is it a good decision to start using Opiates, if you havent done so already. Once you start down that road it can be hard for some people to turn back.

You are so right about that mydrugbuddy, Unfortunately I, was misdiagnosed, with injuries and surgeries which led to nearly three decades of Pharms. I am trying am looking for some info on fresh opium poppy,which i now know are indigenous to my area,extracts and recipes would really help me out Thanks for the help!

Does anyone have any insight on grapefruit potentiation with poppy tea? Does it make any real difference?

"Originally Posted by BodhiSvaha33. After I do a hot water extraction, I generally leave the powder in cold water for another 8-12 hours and then use that water as a base for the next batch of tea. This does improve potency a fair amount."

I tried this last night, and can confirm it yields a very strong brew, very strong indeed. I added 5 heaped tablespoons of fresh pod grinds (Note for HR sake, I have a very high tolerance to opiates, this would be far too much and dangerously strong otherwise) to the re-heated water saved from re-using a load of pod mush. I was seeing fluorescent hallucinations and patterns and rings and brightly coloured things and nodding like fuck lol. Couldnt get out of bed this morning either. If anyone reckons PPT is too weak for them I recommend this method. They wont be saying that any more.

Last edited:
^ 5 heaped tablespoons is too much to advise people to eat. respect that shit man - no wonder you couldn't get out of bed this morning. people have OD'd and died from poppy pods y'know...i'm not saying this would do it, but when you have too much, it can make you very, very sick.

if you really want the most from your pods, eat the grinds.
you don't have to worry so much about yields or whatever. i make tea, then wait for it to come on, then wash the grinds down with water. it means i don't have to use as many precious pods, and you're not fucking around with potentially mouldy pods.

i don't know if you've seen how spectacularly fast these things can go mouldy, but i sure as hell wouldn't want to go fucking around with them more than a couple of hours after getting them wet. for safety's sake, i really really wouldn't recommend re-using spent (or semi-spent) pods. just use them once, and get the most you can out of them.

i also find the fibre in eating the ground pods helps with the digestion issues (ie constipation) caused by opiates generally.
personally i find it hard to stomach washing the grinds down with the tea, which is why i wait til the tea has absorbed in my stomach and wash the grinds down with a glass of water. well worth it and less risk of poisoning yourself with some weird fungus that grows on damp pods.

^ 5 heaped tablespoons is too much to advise people to eat. respect that shit man - no wonder you couldn't get out of bed this morning. people have OD'd and died from poppy pods y'know...i'm not saying this would do it, but when you have too much, it can make you very, very sick.

You're right. I have edited my post for HRs sake. I have a high tolerance so i can push the boundaries. People without the tolerance would need to be much more careful.

I keep the used grinds refrigerated, and have kept them for up to a few days, with no signs of mold, or bad smells or anything, and have had no problems.

If any of the material looked or smelled at all dodgy I would of course throw it out. Like you say mould on these things could be very harmful but i have never encountered it yet.

Last edited:
Well, then i already know what he's talking about. I was using Kratom on a non-regular basis and found it mostly uninteresting and hard to enjoy, but i knew there was more about it and then, practically out of nowhere, everything changed for no apparent reason- it quickly came that i really began to like how it felt, and i was engulfed in waves of calming euphoria like i never felt it before.

It's a bit like with cannabis, where you have to "grow" into the experience to get something out of it.

I know, there's no way back because it's simply to nice <3 But i've to say i'm doing fine, i was always mostly aware of how to hold things under control, live a normal life and using substances like this mostly recreational, if often.

So it seems i'm going to look for some poppy pods in the near future. Wish me luck :)!

white poppy seeds

Are white poppy seeds suitable for PST, I usually look for black seeds which come in 100g bags whereas white seeds come in kg bags, can they be used?

^Not true. Papaver Somniferum var. Nigrum is blue to dark blue, Papaver Somniferum var. album is white. Kind of like how cannabis has Indica and Sativa. Indian poppy seeds are usually the white album variant. Sometimes if Nigrums are harvested early they'll be white, yellow or a very light brown. Don't know about tea from their seeds, but Indian poppies have some of the highest yields of opium.

i've heard from several people that white poppy seeds are no good for PST, but i've not tried it myself.
wherever i've seen white poppy seeds they have been very expensive (3-5 times the price of regular blue/black seeds) thus not worth it for a gamble. stick to what you know, i reckon.

The white ones were less than half the price of black so I thought I'd check if I could save money, evidently not: thank you!