• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread IV

Thanks, I'll reply as soon as bluelight lets me. I just drank some ps tea I made with 1 lb of Bob's seeds about an hour ago... and you know what? I think it may be working :\

I have tried poppy seed tea a few times now and the blue seeds seem to be the best. Most are washed before putting on supermarket shelves but I found a supermarket where the seeds were grown and packaged in Holland.I thought that rules regarding drugs in Holland in general are quite relaxed and the seeds were a shiny blue in colour I went for 5 bags half a kilo and simmered them didn't boil for 10 mins and made a nice cup of tea. It had me well stoned for the entire day pinned pupils that nice feeling I get in my legs 20 mins after ingesting the tea

Overall a nice experience but not one to be repeated alot as you get tolerant quickly then what's the point I will give it a couple of months and try again no tolerance= no addiction its all about self control people

i would say much stronger than kratom, i IV heroin (or used to? haven't for a month) and get nothing from large amounts of kratom except mild WD removal. 20g of poppy pod tea gets me feeling mildly good.

it's a big step up. kratom is not really an opioid, poppy pod tea is morphine, codeine, thebaine (precursors to heroin, oxymorphone, hydromorphone etc) so really think if this is a good descision to make.

and the WD from poppy pod tea lasts about two weeks but is milder than a comparable heroin habit.

enhanced Kratom blows poppy seed tea out of the water

Not in my experience, or opinion. I was on kratom every day for about a year, and have gone through all the most reputable vendors. Tinctures, UEI which I pretty much settled on. Even 5 grams of UEI from the best batch doesn't do for me what the poppy tea does. The poppy tea hits my entire body, Kratom never did, and it lasts infinitely longer. I ordered the same UEI that used to blast me during the two weeks I was on tea and it was just useless, did nothing. So I know the tea took my tolerance beyond what the kratom had, because that's never happened before. I went through nine grams of the stuff in one night when I didn't have tea and got no effects at all. I'm pretty sure all this stuff is subjective, and different for everyone so a blanket statement such as "X is objectively better than X" does not work. It may blow it out of the water for you, but not for me. In fact (I didn't iv heroin i insufflated it but still) the tea even comes close to that when I've pushed it to 2 pounds. Is it possible that I just got the best poppy seeds in a long time, due to one random batch being better than usual? I guess, but it still is what it is. Kratom is under my tolerance level now. Even ultra enhanced indo, which is usually priced at about 10 grams of leaf to one gram. UEI is as strong as it gets besides possibly tincture but they're about equal, and 9 grams should last the experienced Kratom user days.

Last edited:
you hit your tolerance levels I am opiate naive ans only have either as a treat plus I can only obtain seeds and the enhanced Kratom for me is much stronger everyone is different dont foeget. I get a nice buzz from poppy seed tea but enhanced Kratom has me nodding at the 2.5 gram mark

I flew with them a week ago, domestically. Only about 4 days worth, but I just shoved it in a baby wipes package with each days individually wrapped, and mailed the rest

Just to pop in....

Don't underestimate the possibility of restricted breathing and or withdrawal just because of legal status.

Try and get good seeds. Take advice from opiate veterans with a grain of salt.

Does anyone have experience using a coffee maker to make poppy pod tea?

I remember making it awhile back, I think it worked fine, tasted decent, only used two pods and split that with a friend, little opiate tolerance and a light effect but it worked.

Anyone think this is a good method to use?

I have before, wasn't that great. Produced a weak brew. Still with steeping, use a tea filter.

Has anyone tried doing this with alcohol as opposed to water? Wouldn't it extract the morphine more effectively? Couldn't I toss my pods or seeds in acetone or isopropyl and evaporate allow it to extract then strain and evaporate the solvent and be left with some potent residue? I haven't done any opiates since high school though I'm just curious because it seems like a more effective extraction. Especially when you consider people are paying quite a bit of money for pods now. However I also imagine there's some alkaloids present in an opium pod you probably don't want in your body. Reminds me of the Vice presentation on the Czech "heroin holiday" and how some of the addicts cooking really fundamental morphine were suffering adverse effects from alkaloids and any plant material that could make it through a cigarette filter basically.

Yes a long time ago extracted it in 195 proof everclear, then kept boiling and adding water until all the alcohol was gone and chugged regular tea. Worked fine, maybe better? I think I did a 2nd extraction with water.

French Press Poppy Seed Tea recipe

I'm 2.5 months off IV heroin--more of a hiatus than kicking for good, but I refuse to return to the daily use of my past life.

I'm currently living abroad (thus the time off from H), and have recently discovered the benefits of poppy seed tea, which I'd long dismissed as placebo. Turns out, after some trial and error, I've discovered a recipe that nicely satisfies my craving for an opiate without consuming my life like H does. Here's my method.

You will need:
  • UNWASHED poppy seeds (look for dark, sticky clumps with plant material mixed in and an earthy scent. NOT whitish-gray), titrated to your tolerance level. I have zero physical tolerance but significant mental tolerance to opiates, and I find that ~500g (1lb) of seeds hits the spot. I use unbranded seeds grown locally (I'm living in a small island country that doesn't carry any of the brands mentioned). Note that, at least here, the organic seeds are washed, so that's not always a surefire sign of proper seeds.
  • Approx. 500 mL of room-temperature water.
  • 1 L white grapefruit juice--optional, but excellent as both an opiate potentiator and an acid to better strip alkaloids from the seeds.
  • Vessel(s) for agitating the seeds. I use glass jars, although a large bottle will work too.
  • A french press. This is the key to reclaiming all of the liquid-alkaloid goodness from the seeds. I've heard cheesecloth works as well.
  • Spoon and cup.

The process:
  1. Pour your seeds into your vessel.
  2. Add water until the waterline is a few cm above the seeds. Be careful, as the seeds will absorb some of the water at first, so you may need to add more than you think.
  3. Screw on the lid and agitate vigorously for 5-7 minutes. Shake the HELL out of it; it's the rubbing of seed against seed that releases the alkaloids on the outside into the water solution. But don't wait more than ~10 minutes, as the seeds will begin to reabsorb the water and alkaloids, thus reducing the potency, and inner oils will leach out, making the tea taste awful.
  4. Open the vessel and carefully pour out the liquid into the french press. Use the lid (or any flat plastic kitchen thing) to minimize the seeds falling into the press (it's ok if some do, just conserve as many as possible for the second wash). Ideally, the liquid will be a murky gray-brown--not yellow, clear, jet-black, or oily--and smell slightly earthy, and taste fairly bitter, but not revolting.
  5. Repeat steps 2 & 3, this time with grapefruit juice, if you have it. (If all this shaking has made you thirsty, drink a glass or two of the juice by itself, so that it can start inhibiting the liver enzymes and thus prime the body for potentiation of the final tea.)
  6. Open the vessel, and pour out all the contents, including seeds, into the french press. If you have a 1 L press, it should be full by now. (If you think your seeds are especially alkaloid-rich, you can also do a third rinse, again as described above. Might be placebo, but I like to ensure I've gotten every bit of goodness from my seeds.)
  7. Press the seed/liquid mixture as if it were coffee, and begin pouring and downing cups of your murky tea. The bitterness should be tempered by the tang of the juice, making it more palatable.
  8. Once the liquid on top of the press has run out, lift the lid, stir the seeds, and press again. This should yield a little more tea. Drink this too.
  9. Finally, hold the french press nearly upside-down, and let the last cup or so of liquid slowly trickle out from between the compressed seeds. This is to make sure you've reclaimed every bit of your extracted tea.
  10. By the time you're done, you may already be feeling a touch of that familiar opiate warmth. While you'll want to lay down and let it wash over you, take this time to clean our your jars and press--the wet seeds get moldy fast, and nobody wants to scrape mold out of days-old containers because you keep putting it off.
  11. Enjoy the ride! In my experience, the high peaks after about an hour, but lingers for many more. It's (obviously) not as intense as heroin, but yields a subtle bodily warmth, light euphoria, and an increase in energy, fading later to a sleepy state. **THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED** from a harm-reduction standpoint, but if you're benzo-tolerant and mix it with a small dose of long-lasting benzo like clonazepam, you may find yourself in a state of somnolence reminiscent of nodding out on H.

I hope this guide helps clear up some of the misconceptions about PST, and can help you brew a safe and effective opiate for pain relief or enjoyment.

Harm Reduction reminders:

• PST, with its mix of morphine, codeine, and other alkaloids, can be as addictive, or even more so, as other opiates. Just because you can buy the ingredients in a supermarket doesn't make it a harmless drug!
  • Remember that tolerance varies from person to person, so PLEASE start with a small amount of seeds and titrate upwards as needed. (Personally, I've found redosing to be more effective with PST than with other opiates, so don't start with a heroic dose believing that you can't get any higher than your initial dose.)
  • DO NOT mix PST with other downers (benzos, barbiturates, alcohol, other opiates) or with stimulants, unless you're intimately familiar with the effects of both, and if you choose to do so, keep your dosages for both substances lower than normal.

Enjoy responsibly :)

I don't know why but grinding poppy seeds , there's less stimulant in the drink. if I just wash it.. I can literally only feel the nasty thebaine all jittery and stimulating my brain into a cold freeze . why is that

<Welcome to BL.. There is absolutely no sourcing allowed on this website and we enforce it hard. Please read and follow the BLUA. >

Last edited by a moderator:
I find I get agitated in the first hour or so of PST and afterward the relaxing alkaloids overtake the thebaine. In a sense it's really nice because I often think "this isn't going to work and i'm going to feel like shit for hours," until it kicks in, and the warm blanket takes over.