• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread IV

Here's a good summary from an old thread:

"I have much better directions. Much simpler.

1. Pound of blue poppy seeds, fresh - pour into a 2L Soda bottle containing the liquid of your choice [preferably lemon juice]

2. Cover bottle and shake every 2 mins, for no more than 12-15 minutes [at this point the seeds start to absorb the liquid and you will get less liquid]

3. Place a cheesecloth over the bottle opening [with the aid of a rubber band] and squeeze the liquid out into a cup. Drink.

4. Second 'distillation' will usually render nothing potent. Don't waste your time. "

Please keep in mind that the amount of active alkaloids on the poppy seeds will vary greatly from one batch to another. A pound might be WAY too much, or not nearly enough. Also, it will take awhile (possibly hours) for you to feel the full effects. So please be cautious.

put seeds in water bottle with water, shake for 2 min, strain seeds, enjoy.

Sounds simple enough. How do I know how many seeds I should use?

Thank you for the much simpler directions. When I put a pound of seeds into a 2L bottle, How much of the liquid should I put in? Do I just fill the 2L full with whatever liquid I choose?

When you say it depends on the seeds, it almost sounds scary. You never know if your drinking to much and could possibly OD and die... Kind of scary to try now... Guess I will try REALLY small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a good summary from an old thread:

"I have much better directions. Much simpler.

1. Pound of blue poppy seeds, fresh - pour into a 2L Soda bottle containing the liquid of your choice [preferably lemon juice]

2. Cover bottle and shake every 2 mins, for no more than 12-15 minutes [at this point the seeds start to absorb the liquid and you will get less liquid]

3. Place a cheesecloth over the bottle opening [with the aid of a rubber band] and squeeze the liquid out into a cup. Drink.

4. Second 'distillation' will usually render nothing potent. Don't waste your time. "

Please keep in mind that the amount of active alkaloids on the poppy seeds will vary greatly from one batch to another. A pound might be WAY too much, or not nearly enough. Also, it will take awhile (possibly hours) for you to feel the full effects. So please be cautious.

Thank you for the much simpler directions. When I put a pound of seeds into a 2L bottle, How much of the liquid should I put in? Do I just fill the 2L full with whatever liquid I choose?

When you say it depends on the seeds, it almost sounds scary. You never know if your drinking to much and could possibly OD and die... Kind of scary to try now... Guess I will try REALLY small.

The more liquid you use, the more of the alkaloids you will dissolve off the poppy seeds. However, there are diminishing returns at some point, and the liquid tastes pretty gross, so the less you have to drink, the better. Maybe try 1L of liquid to start with. Orange juice kills the taste a bit, and there is some thought that the acidity will better dissolve the opioids. But plain water (maybe with a squirt of lemon) is probably fine.

You should be a little scared. This is an unpredictable and dangerous process. If you get it right, you can get a nice opiate buzz. But there's just no good way to predict in advance how potent your batch of seeds will be.

don't follow those instructions they are not simple and will not work that well. I do this 2-3 times every day.

1. put seeds in 1 L or larger container. Use 1/2 pound to start just to be safe.

2. fill up bottle with water so that there's enough water you can really shake the seeds in, if the seeds don't move and are mucky then add more water. Try to use as little water as possible.

3. Shake for 1 minute (i sometimes do 30 seconds, i've heard quicker is often better).

4. let it settle.

5. slightly untwist the cap of the container so that when you squeeze the container(bottle) water will come out. The lid acts as a straining device.

6. Repeat steps 2-5 2-3 times, for a total of 4 washes. I can confirm i still get high from the 4th wash, so IMO it is worthwhile.

Wait 20-30 minutes, wait for your muscles to relax and feel rubbery and you are good to go.

don't follow those instructions they are not simple and will not work that well. I do this 2-3 times every day.

1. put seeds in 1 L or larger container. Use 1/2 pound to start just to be safe.

2. fill up bottle with water so that there's enough water you can really shake the seeds in, if the seeds don't move and are mucky then add more water. Try to use as little water as possible.

3. Shake for 1 minute (i sometimes do 30 seconds, i've heard quicker is often better).

4. let it settle.

5. slightly untwist the cap of the container so that when you squeeze the container(bottle) water will come out. The lid acts as a straining device.

6. Repeat steps 2-5 2-3 times, for a total of 4 washes. I can confirm i still get high from the 4th wash, so IMO it is worthwhile.

Wait 20-30 minutes, wait for your muscles to relax and feel rubbery and you are good to go.

I did the math in my head... if I used a pound of seeds that's about 500grams of seeds... Does it really take THAT much just to get where you want to be in your high? Mann poppy seed tea isnt cheap.

no really you should start at 112 grams (1/4 pound) if that doesn't work then wait a few hours and try another 1/4 pound. I've been using it daily for 4-5 months and i'm at about 2 pounds on a big day and 1 pound to keep me decently buzzed. If it's costing you that much then you aren't buying from the right source.

Papaver somniferum pod tea: what did I do wrong?

I am new, so I dont know if he needs to be here, I ordered 1/4 lb. of papaver somniferum pods to make tea with, I started with a low dose of 5 small/medium pods to be safe. I heated water with lemon juice until boiling, took it off the range and added the ground pods. I let the pods sit for 20 minutes, then strained out the grounds before consuming it, I then waited 2 hours and ate half of the plant matter. I am not feeling typical opiate effects, if any at all. I would be itchy if I was even close to being in his euphoric zone. Why am I not feeling it? Should I just increase my dosage? My pods were grown in Washington state. If it helps,I have five pods weighed 5.2 grams.

Last edited by a moderator:
No swimming allowed. Pools closed, tryna swim on concrete is more painful than it sounds.

clarification

Kratom bomb, do you have significant opiates tolerance?
What did you do with the water?
I mean the water you soaked the pods in

I regularly us 30 grams of bali kratom, so I guess you could say I have a significant tolerance. I can take very high amounts of other opiates such as hydromorphone. But I have been using only kratom lately, howeever a very high dose. I put the water on the range with lemon juice in it and removed it once it came to a boil, then soaked the pods.

I noticed that my pupils are constricted and my eyes are red, so I know that it is active in my system, however I am not opiated at all.

Last edited:
What species does Mammoth pods refer to?

When a vendor sells mammoth pods, what species do they refer to? Papaver giganthemum maybe? Also, is there any difference between papaver giganthemum and papaver giganteum?

I did a little research but only for a few mins. From what I can tell papaver giganteum is a giant opium poppy that produces a large pod.

So do you think that if I order mammoth pods it is pretty safe to say that I am getting gigantium/giganthemum? Because I would trust those for rec value. I recently ordered some papaver somniferum(opium poppies) and I am worried that they may have sold me a sub-species of papaver somniferum, possibly papaver setigerum. The tea I brewed over night in the fridge from 12 pods is yielding little to no effects. I wish I could use the name of the vendor to ask for peoples experience:(

Be very careful with what poppies you buy. Some are very toxic.

Research. Reasearch. Research.

I have done my research, and I know what to look for, but it seems that the vendors are becoming more and more vague, making it more difficult to actually find what I need. Can you suggest a forum or website where it is okay to discuss vendors by name?

I think he/she means that there are species other than opium poppies that have lots of toxins in them.