• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Meditation & Adrenaline - Inexperienced - Profound natural high triggered within me

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
Meditation & Adrenaline - Inexperienced - Profound natural high triggered within me

It's currently 5am and I'm wide awake, tired but can't sleep worth a damn. Tonight I experienced something that may change my life from here on. I feel as if I unintentionally triggered *something* inside my brain and it's wayyy beyond placebo. Here's what happened:

I've been drinking more than I'd like lately, nothing of concern or real significance, just me being smart about it and knowing it's time for a break. I haven't had any psychedelics or hard drugs at all in recent months, just weed, kratom, alcohol and occasional kava kava, all of which I am thoroughly experienced with. Tonight I had a very low key night, smoking weed, absolutely no alcohol, kratom earlier in the day, and a tad of kava later on, very normal day for me. It was very late and I finally got into bed, and had trouble falling asleep (as I always do) so I began to meditate using my technique. I'll explain my technique in the next paragraph, so skip it if you aren't interested or think it sounds silly, just know that I am very convinced by it now after tonight.

When I meditate, I usually am in a calm comfortable environment, usually my room, low soft but trippy music playing, almost no light at all, sometimes alone, sometimes laying next to my girlfriend. It's very hard for me to explain what I actually 'do' when I meditate, so the best comparison is....think of how some people can flare their nostrils or wiggle their ears, well I feel like I can 'wiggle' (for lack of a better word!) or at least stimulate a certain part of my brain, and it feels somewhat centrally located, slightly towards the top. When I do this, I literally feel as if I was trying to wiggle my ears, but instead of my ears, it's a part of my brain. I feel like I need to put effort into doing it and it can tiresome, as if actual physical activity is taking place. When I 'wiggle' it, I feel a slowly building feeling of euphoria and contentment, comfort and a sort of disassociation. I also notice the natural CEV's that I normally get when I close my eyes become a lot more colorful and visible, but nothing unfamiliar. If I keep at it, I begin to feel lightly psychedelic as if I had taken a light dose of psilocybin or DMT, but very in control and positive/natural feeling, not invasive like some drugs can feel. I never thought TOO much of it, just another one of those weird human tricks....until tonight.

So I'm in my bed, it's bout 3:30am, and I've been going at this meditation thing for a while now. I am attempting to sync it up with my breathing, and I find it is having a substantial effect on the intensity, so I concentrate on this. I also have my eyes open, which doesn't seem to matter because it's so dark. I eventually got to the point where I started to notice that I was starting to be able to see in the dark, and rather well seeing how dark my room actually is. I try not to lose focus, so I just lay with my eyes open, 'wiggling' away :p Soon, I notice that everything that I can see starts to warp around in a VERY similar but even more intense way as it did when I was once out of my MIND on mushrooms. I also would keep getting DMT-like audio hallucinations, like a subtle high-pitched buzzing not too different from ringing-ears but not the same. It was very hard to not stop meditating and just exclaim "Whoa cool!" but I kept at it, and it got more intense. I started to see more colors and visuals than ever, and they were melding in with my open eye vision, resulting in a full-blown experience far beyond placebo. It was great!! However, this was not what I feel changed the game for me.

While in this extremely intense meditative state, all of a sudden the silence and darkness of my room are shattered to pieces. My door opens, light comes pouring in and the silhouette of a strange figure stood in my bedroom doorway, then came in my room, looked around, and then walked out!!! 8o I have roommates, but only one of them is home, and that definitely was not him. I jump out of bed and yell "What the fuck? Who was that??" No response. I go charging down the hall after him and find him wondering around in my living room. "Hey, who are you?" I ask, he looks at me and says "Uhh, who are you?" in a sort of almost cocky kind of way. I see he doesn't look armed, he doesn't seem very threatening...just lost. All I know is some strange man just walked into my bedroom at 3:30am, so you can imagine my state of mind. Trying to remain as calm as possible, considering the possibility that maybe some crazy drunk/high fucker wondered into the wrong house and is just out of his mind. I say with authority "This is my fucking house, who the fuck are YOU and what are you doing?" He just stares at me. I demand "I asked you who the fuck you are and what the fuck you're doing in my house!!" He still looks very confused. I start to actually feel bad for him. I get real close to him and say aggressively, "Hey!! Buddy!! TALK. WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU." He begins to mutter something as my roommate comes flying up from the basement obviously from hearing the commotion. "Kevin what the fuck are you doing up here??!!" :| Apparently his dumb ass drunk-as-all-hell friend was wondering around the house looking for his cell phone, and decided not only would it be a good idea to let himself into my room at 3:30am while I was in bed with my lady, but to not respond to me when I demanded he ID himself. If I was firearms kind of guy, like many folks around here are, this could have ended very differently. It pains me greatly to think how close I was to subduing and possibly really badly hurting this strange person in my house, only to find out it's simply an intoxicated friend of my roommate. I was seconds away from grabbing him after he just wouldn't respond, because hesitation is NOT something I dabble in, however luckily my room mate arrived on the scene in time. I'm not trying to sound tough, it's the internet I don't care how tough you think I am, I'm just trying to explain the state of mind I was in.

I storm back to my room, slam the door, furious as all hell and very disturbed by what had just happened. My mind kept playing over much worse scenarios in my head of how it could have turned out. I could feel the adrenaline surging through my body, I was sweating all over, shaking, and obviously now WIDE awake. Quite a different state than I was in 5 minutes prior!! I storm around my room for a while as my lady and I talk about the incident. I sit down on my bed and talk and try to calm down. I feel high, and quite high at that. I felt a distinct stimulation quite similar to high doses of amphetamine, including jaw tension, pressure behind my eyes, buzzing in my head, and a strong urge to talk talk talk. I also notice that regardless of how amped up I was, I actually wasn't that upset anymore and felt like I got over it quickly, opposed to how I thought my anxiety would take over in such a situation. I actually notice that I've gone from feeling pure RAGE and FURY, to feeling ok, to actually feeling somewhat euphoric! I get up and go to the mirror in my now brightly-lit room and look at myself. HOLY PUPIL SAUCERS!! 8o I look like I am rolling my face off and my girlfriend is shocked by my pupil size as well. I go back and look a few times, they stayed extremely large, almost no iris at all. I took this as a tell-tale sign that something is going on in my brain. But what??

I feel extremely stimulated like I could run miles, the only time I've had comparable stimulation is when I've taken speedy MDMA or way too much adderall, but with none of the anxious side effects. I feel euphoric, my body is buzzing, I feel like I can't get more mad about the situation if I wanted to, I also notice everything is over-bright and my alarm clock is making distinct trails in my vision. My lady keeps telling me my eyes are still huge. I felt as if I was on a light dose of the cleanest MDMA known to man. My heart was calm, my breathing was controlled, I felt like everything I was feeling was profound yet completely and totally natural. It lasted for at least the next hour. I turned the lights off, layed back down and began to meditate again. Effects returned in full force and I found myself involuntarily grinning ear to ear when I'd come out of the meditation. There also was one point where I was meditating, and a short reminder thought about the intruder popped into my head for a second, seemed to trigger a quick zap of adrenaline, however I immediately then felt extreeeemely euphoric, like a full-on MDMA roll stronger than I've ever experienced, but only for a short couple of seconds.

In conclusion, I feel that a real, true, big adrenaline rush while in a deep meditative state produces something incredible!! I have no idea what could be happening, all I know is placebo effects don't make my pupils nearly pop out of my head like that! I should have gotten a picture. I'm fairly experienced with substances, and alternate states of consciousness, this certainly was NOT baseline and was NOT just adrenaline. Normally, my anxiety would've taken over in this situation, I would've had a near panic-attack, and I'd probably still be fucking furious and feeling like shit, probably nauseous, etc.. I feel great though, very calm, collected, and ready to go back to bed, and never felt anxiety from the rush of adrenaline. I actually found myself curiously calm and collected while confronting the 'intruder'. Something certainly occurred in my head tonight and it was awesome. :)

Thanks for reading, and I hope no one thinks I'm trolling or whatever. I really would like to discuss this, hopefully speak to others who share similar experiences!

I believe I have experienced something similar, if it is at all possible to tell from such a description. At the time I used psychedelics average 1x/week. (various ones, but 5MeO-DMT was the "main" drug back then)

When it happened, I hadn't taken anything, I was just meditating. Without going too much in detail about what happened, when I got out of it and spent the next week reading I realised a possible explanation could be that I had just gone through some stage of kundalini awakening.
I still suffer from neuralgia and haven't got total control over my foot.
I quit for three months all psychedelics and mediation/lucid dreaming.

My leg isn't healed yet and integration is still going on. I'm again using psychedelics (various ones, but more the 4HO-xx's) +/- 1x/week. I feel I am a more complete human being since this happened to me.

edit: have you at any time felt sth like "electric current" through your body ?

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in response, super busy week!! Thanks for the reply!! :)

Yes, the electrical current/buzzing feeling was extremely present, very amphetamine-like. I told my girlfriend that I felt as if I had taken a high dose of adderall but with zero of the anxiety. Even though I had just experienced an extremely stressful and angering situation, my mind was unusually calm, collected and euphoric, and I had no desire to consume any drugs. Normally, after freaking out like that, I would find myself smoking 5 bowls of weed in a row to calm down. I had no desire to smoke at all!! I wanted to be mad at my roommate for what had just happened, but my brain simply refused to enter a negative state.

There was a distinct 'high' feeling, as if my veins were flooded with something that wasn't normally there, or a hell of a lot more of something than is usually there, and it was all positive. I felt light, euphoric, very chatty, stimulated and wide awake but calm, my heart was steadily beating calmly, breathing was normal, I wasn't sweating, all vitals seemed just fine. Lights seemed considerably brighter, probably due to my severe pupil dilation. I also noticed a slight trailing effect on lights in my room.

I also noticed that as the feeling slowly diminished, my meditation technique would bring the feeling back in almost full force.

I'm curious about your experience. I have not used psychedelics for many many months before this experience, and hadn't had any profound psychedelic experiences for nearly years. What did you do, or what happened to trigger your response? Also, out of curiosity, do you experience ASMR?

Interesting.

On a related note, do you sometimes have exchanges with entities while meditating?

I read somewhere that Shulgin's entire career spawned out of a placebo experience. I also read a quote from him a long time ago that went something like, "If you're experienced enough, you don't need drugs to attain altered states of mind" (not word for word, this was over 3-4 years ago).

From personal experience, I believe it. I've had numerous experiences like yours except milder, and never with that unexpected adrenalin rush, how random! And your roomates friend sounds like a queef haha.

I've been able to see walls melting and shifting virtually on command, and I say virtually because with my kind of meditation, commands don't really get me very far.

Your "wiggling" method seems interesting though and I even tried it after reading your post with some success! I know what it feels like to have a spot in your brain that you can feel it's...power...? Idk, for me it's behind and under the nose, like where concentrations of neurons begin to expand out into the cortex. Shit idk, it's just freaking cool.

This is a great TR that only now comes to my attention.
Abrupt changes in the brain neurochemical balance can indeed trigger psychedelic experiences. This was probably one of the keys of the ancient mystery initiation rites.

i think it was probably from being extremely calm from meditating and being in that zone then getting thrust for a minute into a situation where you may have to fight for you life which is a whole different kind of adrenaline then getting startled or something.

When I meditate, I usually am in a calm comfortable environment, usually my room, low soft but trippy music playing, almost no light at all, sometimes alone, sometimes laying next to my girlfriend. It's very hard for me to explain what I actually 'do' when I meditate, so the best comparison is....think of how some people can flare their nostrils or wiggle their ears, well I feel like I can 'wiggle' (for lack of a better word!) or at least stimulate a certain part of my brain, and it feels somewhat centrally located, slightly towards the top. When I do this, I literally feel as if I was trying to wiggle my ears, but instead of my ears, it's a part of my brain. I feel like I need to put effort into doing it and it can tiresome, as if actual physical activity is taking place. When I 'wiggle' it, I feel a slowly building feeling of euphoria and contentment, comfort and a sort of disassociation. I also notice the natural CEV's that I normally get when I close my eyes become a lot more colorful and visible, but nothing unfamiliar. If I keep at it, I begin to feel lightly psychedelic as if I had taken a light dose of psilocybin or DMT, but very in control and positive/natural feeling, not invasive like some drugs can feel. I never thought TOO much of it, just another one of those weird human tricks....until tonight.

Regarding the technique, do you eyes stay still when the brain 'wiggles'?

Do you address a stream of thoughts or try to keep a still mind and let thoughts pass through(like transcendental type meditation)??

this is a fucking awesome trip report. Sounds like some pretty intense biosynthesis going on there or something, however I don't know if anyone could say for sure right now. This type of thing intrigues me, I've tried meditating a lot of times with some mild success but never tried actually consciously trying to stimulate a part of my brain.

dopamine and adrenaline share pretty similar chemical structures, as well as serotonin and DMT is the only reason i'm speculating biosynthesis took place. I believe (or maybe I just want to believe) the body can do some pretty amazing things with all of the neurotransmitters and trace compounds, elements and enzymes. We just haven't been able to properly research it yet.

DITTO the whole thing even somebody walking in my room like it was a dream it was afterwards though. Wiggle away mang

I know exactly what you mean. The easiest method for me is listening to binaural beats on youtube and laying in a dark room