• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

UK Gee's Linctus

not got anything else to mix other than cider which I don't plan on doing do just yet, I dont feel sick anymore, just nicely opiated, might chug some more a bit later

chuck back 2 sominex dude, should compliment it a treat.
I never find that Phenergan or Sominex (Promethazine) does the trick, i usually dose 40-50mg and it never stops the itches nor increase the sedation, whereas 50mg Diphenhydramine does the job perfectly.

I was always under the impression that Promethazine was the prefered 1st generation anthistamine amongst Opiate users...?

Btw the Opiates in question what im talking about are mainly Oxycontin and on rare occassion Dihydrocodeine and Poppy-Pod tea and Morphine.

It depends on the user. I personally find promethazine to be a bit too sedating. Diphenhydramine works wonderfully and its OTC in the U.S. (promethazine isn't OTC in the U.S.). Doxylamine is another winner. Hydroxyzine is always really effective. Don't forget chlorpheniramine (CPM) either. It's under-rated IMO.

But yes, I would go with CPM, DPH or doxylamine if I had a choice between the three. Promethazine is good but I would be using hydroxyzine (if either of those were OTC where I live).

It depends on the user. I personally find promethazine to be a bit too sedating. Diphenhydramine works wonderfully and its OTC in the U.S. (promethazine isn't OTC in the U.S.). Doxylamine is another winner. Hydroxyzine is always really effective. Don't forget chlorpheniramine (CPM) either. It's under-rated IMO.

But yes, I would go with CPM, DPH or doxylamine if I had a choice between the three. Promethazine is good but I would be using hydroxyzine (if either of those were OTC where I live).
That's interesting, i have some Chlorpheniramine 4mg tabs at home in my medicine drawer but ive never tried using them, the only time i tried using Doxylamine was not for potentiation purposes but to help me sleep on a flight, i started out at 25mg waited, felt nothing, dosed another 25mg, waited and felt nothing, so i then dosed another 50mg waited and still felt nothing so i ended up eating the remaining 6x25mg tabs, so in total i dosed 250mg, i did then feel something, infact i felt a lot! And it wasn't pleasant! :( It also didnt sedate me.

The only time ive ever used Hydroxyzine was also for flight anxiety, it worked pretty much the same as Doxylamine, i started low and slowly worked my doseage upwards as i wasnt feeling anything from it, and then by the time i did feel something i had obviously taken too much and just felt awful and once again was not sedated.

As far as im aware all the antihistamines mentioned are available over the counter here in the U.K with the exception of Hydroxyzine, which im not sure either way whether it is or not, i may try Doxylamine and Hydroxyzine at sensible doses for Opiate potentiation in the future just to see how they compare to Diphenhydramine and Promethazine.

Does anyone know if it's safe to take Diphenhydramine and Chlophenamine in the same day? For example i took some Oxy earlier (around 6 hours ago) preceded by 50mg Diphenhydramine, would it be safe and/or effective if i was to take some Chlorphenamine within the next few hours before another dose of Oxycontin?

I know Diphenhydramine has a half-life of around 9-12 hours and Chlorpheamine has a half-life of around 24 hours, and from what i read it is not as sedating as Diphenhydramine... also does anybody know a rough comparison in doses between the two? As i mentioned i usually take 50mg Diphenhydramine around 30-45 minutes before my Oxy, yet the Chlorphenamine comes in 4mg tabs.... how many mg's would be equivilant? I also guess i should take it around 30-45 minutes before my Oxy dose...

Thanks for any help.

I've never seen doxylamine otc in uk, except in syndol Where it's got caffeine in it too, rubbish!

Chlorphenamine isn't as sedating as diphenhydramine but i believe 8mg Chlor = 50mg dph.