Bluelight

Thread: UK Gee's Linctus

1. Collapse Details
    UK Gee's Linctus 
    Just picked up a bottle of Gee's Linctus 0.083ml per 5ml of opium tincture, what's a good dose? the whole bottle?

The other active ingredient is squill oxymel, what are the side effects of this particular chemical?

I wanna drink it now, is it safe to down the 200ml bottle?
    Last edited by NeighborhoodThreat; 13-07-2012 at 19:00. Reason: merged posts

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    "Opium tincture" is sort of a vague dosage term...does it say how many mg's of morphine per 5mL?

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE

3. Collapse Details

afraid not, just the opium tincture dose, I am pretty sure this may be the newer forumla Gees without morphine but with opium tincture instead

Could any hard come from drinking the whole bottle?

the side effects sounds like classic opiate positive side effects, I think I'll give it a go.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mugz View Post
    afraid not, just the opium tincture dose, I am pretty sure this may be the newer forumla Gees without morphine but with opium tincture instead

Could any hard come from drinking the whole bottle?

the side effects sounds like classic opiate positive side effects, I think I'll give it a go.
    Personally im very risky in my drug taking behaviour but even i dont think id risk drinking a whole bottle of Linctus.

Id so no, wait until you find out more information at least.

EDIT: Just found this - http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/i.../t-522597.html

5. Collapse Details

I never thought I'd say this but thanks pally pete, you have confirmed what one other person said, half a bottle first and then see how it goes.

6. Collapse Details

Pfft, 0.083 mg x 40 = 3.32 mg, even if that's the morphine dose that's fuck all, oral morphine is weak as shit and that wouldn't even be a worthwhile IV dose. Are you sure you've got the numbers right?

7. Collapse Details

I'm 100% sure, effie backed me up via IM Saying that half a bottle is good for someone with no tolerance but a whole bottle would be good for a tolerant person.

8. Collapse Details

Sure, but that would be less than 2 mg of actives, just seems very low to me.

9. Collapse Details

I have no tolerance and it is also 22% alcohol so I guess there would be some combination there too. It isn't much but it's OTC and I'm trying it out. The side effects as I said earlier seem to suggest itches and euphoria so it might be nice.

10. Collapse Details

Take an old skool antihistamine to deal with the itches, will potentiate the alcohol & opiates too. Obviously be careful, but I know you're a big boy and you can handle yourself.

11. Collapse Details

not got antihistamines although have an antipsychotic that also acts as an antihistamine AFAIK "chlorpromazine" I don't think I'll take that though unless recommended.

12. Collapse Details

I never thought I'd say this but thanks pally pete, you have confirmed what one other person said, half a bottle first and then see how it goes.
    Why did you never think you would never be thanking me?

Are my posts really that bad?!

13. Collapse Details

nah, I just thought I knew more than you on the questions that I would be asking

much love to you pally pete

14. Collapse Details

My opinion is not based on anything except I drank a bottle a while back and did feel it, and I had a bit of a tolerance at the time.. so extrapolating from that, drinking half seems reasonable for someone with little/no tolerence then increasing as necessary. It tastes vile so it's pretty hard getting through the whole thing. Not the best OTC opioid preparation out there IMO.

3mg morphine would be absurd; there must be something else in it. The bottle is bizarrely vague; I'd have not thought they'd get away with just "opium tincture" these days..

15. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Opium tincture would have at least some codeine in it as well....I imagine....maybe.

Strange that no other dosing information is provided on the bottle.

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE

16. Collapse Details

Yeah, it's really annoying. Opium tincture would presumably contain a range of alkaloids. If you think about laudanum, only a small drop was needed for a dose, and that was diluted in alcohol..

With anything where you don't know the exact dose it is best to start low and titrate up as the effects hit you

17. Collapse Details

basically, I am high and opiated from 2/3rds of the bottle, if a bit nauseaus from the taste, it's pleasant though

18. Collapse Details

nah, I just thought I knew more than you on the questions that I would be asking

much love to you pally pete
    Haha!

Much love coming back at ya.

19. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Take an antihistamine...

20. Collapse Details

chuck back 2 sominex dude, should compliment it a treat.

21. Collapse Details

not got anything else to mix other than cider which I don't plan on doing do just yet, I dont feel sick anymore, just nicely opiated, might chug some more a bit later

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dread calm View Post
    chuck back 2 sominex dude, should compliment it a treat.
    I never find that Phenergan or Sominex (Promethazine) does the trick, i usually dose 40-50mg and it never stops the itches nor increase the sedation, whereas 50mg Diphenhydramine does the job perfectly.

I was always under the impression that Promethazine was the prefered 1st generation anthistamine amongst Opiate users...?

Btw the Opiates in question what im talking about are mainly Oxycontin and on rare occassion Dihydrocodeine and Poppy-Pod tea and Morphine.

23. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    It depends on the user. I personally find promethazine to be a bit too sedating. Diphenhydramine works wonderfully and its OTC in the U.S. (promethazine isn't OTC in the U.S.). Doxylamine is another winner. Hydroxyzine is always really effective. Don't forget chlorpheniramine (CPM) either. It's under-rated IMO.

But yes, I would go with CPM, DPH or doxylamine if I had a choice between the three. Promethazine is good but I would be using hydroxyzine (if either of those were OTC where I live).

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NeighborhoodThreat View Post
    It depends on the user. I personally find promethazine to be a bit too sedating. Diphenhydramine works wonderfully and its OTC in the U.S. (promethazine isn't OTC in the U.S.). Doxylamine is another winner. Hydroxyzine is always really effective. Don't forget chlorpheniramine (CPM) either. It's under-rated IMO.

But yes, I would go with CPM, DPH or doxylamine if I had a choice between the three. Promethazine is good but I would be using hydroxyzine (if either of those were OTC where I live).
    That's interesting, i have some Chlorpheniramine 4mg tabs at home in my medicine drawer but ive never tried using them, the only time i tried using Doxylamine was not for potentiation purposes but to help me sleep on a flight, i started out at 25mg waited, felt nothing, dosed another 25mg, waited and felt nothing, so i then dosed another 50mg waited and still felt nothing so i ended up eating the remaining 6x25mg tabs, so in total i dosed 250mg, i did then feel something, infact i felt a lot! And it wasn't pleasant! It also didnt sedate me.

The only time ive ever used Hydroxyzine was also for flight anxiety, it worked pretty much the same as Doxylamine, i started low and slowly worked my doseage upwards as i wasnt feeling anything from it, and then by the time i did feel something i had obviously taken too much and just felt awful and once again was not sedated.

As far as im aware all the antihistamines mentioned are available over the counter here in the U.K with the exception of Hydroxyzine, which im not sure either way whether it is or not, i may try Doxylamine and Hydroxyzine at sensible doses for Opiate potentiation in the future just to see how they compare to Diphenhydramine and Promethazine.

Does anyone know if it's safe to take Diphenhydramine and Chlophenamine in the same day? For example i took some Oxy earlier (around 6 hours ago) preceded by 50mg Diphenhydramine, would it be safe and/or effective if i was to take some Chlorphenamine within the next few hours before another dose of Oxycontin?

I know Diphenhydramine has a half-life of around 9-12 hours and Chlorpheamine has a half-life of around 24 hours, and from what i read it is not as sedating as Diphenhydramine... also does anybody know a rough comparison in doses between the two? As i mentioned i usually take 50mg Diphenhydramine around 30-45 minutes before my Oxy, yet the Chlorphenamine comes in 4mg tabs.... how many mg's would be equivilant? I also guess i should take it around 30-45 minutes before my Oxy dose...

Thanks for any help.

25. Collapse Details

I've never seen doxylamine otc in uk, except in syndol Where it's got caffeine in it too, rubbish!

Chlorphenamine isn't as sedating as diphenhydramine but i believe 8mg Chlor = 50mg dph.