• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Crocodile

Tom cheater

Greenlighter
I'd like to show you all the film I am making which is the first one about the Russian homemade drug krokodil which I'm sure your aware of. Please look at it as a lot of work has gone into it and we are really covering the full gamut of the drug and and people addicted to it in an honest and emotional way

http://www.indiegogo.com/crocodile

wow. Are you really making this film? not that i don't believe you, it is just hard to believe, but if so, nice. please share anything you like, im interested

I've never heard of that drug before. It sounds like a very interesting film! If you have any more info you would like to share im interested :) feel free to inbox me.

"Krokodil" is an ester of morphine called desomorphine (di-hydro-desoxy-morphine). It is part of morphine's immediate family (along with heroin or morphine diacetate, nicomorphine or morphine dinicotinate, dipropanoylmorphine or morphine dipropionate, and others) and has near identical effects to morphine, but with a different half life and onset/elimination time. The drug desomorphine is a very safe drug to use for severe pain much like morphine and it does not cause all these crazy side effects that are being reported. It is just the clandestine production of the drug is either not being done correctly or they are adding some shit to it that is causing all the issues that are being reported. The drug was used much in like morphine is in Austria and Switzerland under the brand name Permonid. It is a perfectly normal opiate that's very similar to morphine and heroin.

Last edited:
^^

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I also had never heard of what the OP was referring to.

In Russia, the problem is...you have to make it first....that means a grim hesitation breathing down your back already, a tinge of angst, grab for the bottle, let's drink, dance dance dance...ooh let's do Boris' girl while he went out for more beer....lol

And that's why desomorphine becomes КРОКОДИЛ.......crokodiles and vodkies don't mix. nope.

Krokodil is not an ester of morphine! It's not anb ester at all, but it is related to morphine. It's basically a slightly "simpler" version of morphine that turns out to be much more potent.

Desomorphine itself is much more potent than heroin or morphine by weight, and is essentially "just another opioid", although a potent one... compare levorphanol.

RUZox.png

Krokodil is not pure desomorphine either! It's produced in a very unsafe and messy procedure from codeine, iodine, & various other reagents... The end result is a mixture that contains iodo-codeine (krokodile intermediate pictured), hydro-iodic acid (HI, hydrogenm iodide.. very corrosive), and occasionally other acids, tars, etc.

The reason these addicts are getting such massive tissue damage probably results from the injection of unpurified or poorly purified (highly acidic, corrosive) reaction mixture. From what I have heard a lot of them don't really care and only want to get their fix... quite sad.

Krokodil is not an ester of morphine! It's not anb ester at all, but it is related to morphine. It's basically a slightly "simpler" version of morphine that turns out to be much more potent.

Desomorphine itself is much more potent than heroin or morphine by weight, and is essentially "just another opioid", although a potent one... compare levorphanol.

RUZox.png

Krokodil is not pure desomorphine either! It's produced in a very unsafe and messy procedure from codeine, iodine, & various other reagents... The end result is a mixture that contains iodo-codeine (krokodile intermediate pictured), hydro-iodic acid (HI, hydrogenm iodide.. very corrosive), and occasionally other acids, tars, etc.

The reason these addicts are getting such massive tissue damage probably results from the injection of unpurified or poorly purified (highly acidic, corrosive) reaction mixture. From what I have heard a lot of them don't really care and only want to get their fix... quite sad.

Indeed. If the addicts had access to a source for sterile and pure desomorphine or a simple and effective way to sterilize and filter out the impurities they wouldn't be suffering from abscesses, cellulitus, gangrene, and other serious and life threatening health effects.

It's quite sad really. The product is so impure that over time it causes the flesh to rot off the bone. I saw a video where a young girl, her arm was normal about half way up but then it became discolored and everything up to the elbow was bone. I probably couldn't even begin to imagine the physical pain she was in along with the mental anguish.

I saw a video about this shit a while back and i have to say it was probably the most disturbing drug documentary i have seen, it made meth seem like a healthy vitamin. I have never seen or tried this drug personaly but there is one part of the video where they show you how to make it and another part where they are cutting off a guys leg that is just rotting flesh...they use string to cut the bone because there was no flesh left....fucked up but from what i understand it is used in areas of russia where heroin is cheap as fuck but as my grandmother says "everything is relative"

RUZox.png

You are right, desomorphine is not an ester of morphine. I just thought it was for some reason. It's a hell of a lot similar to it though, just more potent.

I can't wait to check this out, unfortunately im on a plain right now and am running out of battery power, but I'll look into it later.. The topic is pretty interesting to me. I'll decide then and after I've talked with my OD peers if this thread belongs in OD or Drug Culture.