• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Deathly Meth Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Bluelight. Did you try the Bluelight search engine? That's usually my first go to.

Are you asking how much is a lethal dose? It is very hard to determine the minimum lethal dose for methamphetamine. It is highly variable and depends on many factors, such as the route of administration, the person's tolerance to meth, how often they use it, whether or not they have any other health issues, their unique brain/body/metabolism, any other drugs they have taken, etc.

An overdose is not always lethal, "overdose" just means that the person took the drug in quantities greater than are generally considered safe for them and may result in serious side effects, toxicity or even death. A fatal overdose is usually characterized by a rapid onset of physiological deterioration, eventually leading to organ failure, heart attack or stroke. When death occurs, it is often very sudden.

Symptoms of an overdose can include: sweating profusely, rapid breathing, increased heart rate, abnormally high blood pressure or abnormally low blood pressure, changes in heart rhythm, high temperature, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, very dilated pupils, coma, shock, inability to urinate, muscle twitching/tremors/seizures, hyperthermia, confusion, delirium, weakness or hyperactivity. Of course having some of these symptoms does not necessarily mean that the person has taken a life-threatening overdose, nor does one need to have all of them to signify a serious overdose. Keeping hydrated is very important and keeping cool if the body temperature is too high.

Were you wanting to know at what point one should call an ambulance? If you believe you or someone else may have taken a serious overdose it's best to seek medical attention immediately. If the person has symptoms of shock, inability to urinate, and muscle twitching/tremors/seizures, or coma, definitely call an ambulance right away.

You can view other threads on the topic by clicking on "advanced search" in the upper right hand corner and typing in "meth overdose" and select "search titles only".

Thanks that info was very helpful the reason i ask is i wanna get ALOT and take it all very quickly and get SUPER spun out. lol

Please be careful. You can always re-dose if you feel like you haven't taken enough but if you take too much you can't undo it. Keep well hydrated (but don't drink excessive amounts with no food or electrolytes either), make sure you eat, and try not to go on long binges.

Last edited:
When i do crystal i get enough to last a 11 day binge i like that amount of time i like that simplicity your mind gains its comforting to me lol but i always drink lots of water and i can eat while high too

Im sure its not lol and i dont sleep but i dont really care i dont really wanna live past 40 (im 19 now) so health is not really a concern for me lmao Just wanna have ALOT of fun then die lol

Your view on life may (/will) change. Plus it sucks to suffer from adverse mental and physical effeccts regardless of how old you are or how long you live. Shortening your lifespan is not the only concern. Being unhealthy, in pain, or mentally ill are far from fun :(

Some have dropped dead from 5mg, others have survived 500mg. Really you wouldn't believe some of the epic doses I've heard of. Put Rick James and Charlie Sheen to shame.

A lethal OD is much harder than say opiates but is possible. And it ain't pretty. A non-lethal OD would get you running from shadow people, possible ending up in a padded room or a jail cell. I wouldn't try to get close.

If you have no tolerance I wouldn't take more than 100mg, probably closer to 25-50mg(1-2 bumps off a coke spoon).

Hey i get that man, i'm turning 27 next month and i was like that until very recently. My whole life alot of self hate and hate from others. A hate of my percieved reality mixed with a general lack of care. Drugs and work are my life. 80+ hours a week and 500$ a week to various drugs, so i get that escape from it and was wanting to bury my head in that numbness till i die, but then i had a moment on psychedelics... If you can, I strongly recommend DMT to you, MAINLY to everyone for a once experience that is guarenteed to change your life. Most people say for the better, old world shit, what shamans said they used to dreamwalk. But chemically it is the same chemical that creates the hallucinations called dreaming, so when taken at times when you've been up WAY too, have thirty minutes to let the incapacatiting high wear off, and can't sleep for whatever reasons after( especially for drug related reasons) it can refresh your mental chemistry, you feel much more refreshed, its the same chemical flooding your brain when in the womb, it works wonders to perception and general personality slumps. Its called the spirit molecule, and if god is found anywhere in the realm of science and tangibility, that connecting piece is DMT.

There isn't one. It's going to vary widely from person to person. The closet medical science comes generally to predicting the amount of medication required to kill someone is through something called an LD50, that is, how much of said drug is required to murder 50% of the controlled group of mice. The implication is, that if 50% are dead, than it's probably not going to take much more to kill the other 50%. I'm sure you've heard it before, but mice are remarkably similar to humans in a physiological sense. They are also mammals and even their executive function is considered to be pretty high, as animals go. That, and the fact that mice create new mice so rapidly, makes them great for these purposes.

You'll find various medical literature stating ranges of as low as 17mg/Kg in mice and as high as 25mg/Kg in human beings, although the quoted statistic for human beings is believed to be significantly higher in reality, but there's no evidence other than rough observations to support it. This would imply that myself at 155lbs, could tolerate as much as 1.75g Methamphetamine in a setting without provoking complete death. Does that mean I will live the rest of my "life" as a brain dead vegetable? I really don't know, it's science, so all we can infer is that it won't bring about our complete death.

Insanely unhealthy behavior, incredibly naive viewpoint on personal health, not sure why this thread is open still. At 19 you can't even begin to make statements like "I don't want to live past 40". You haven't even lived yet. And the fact that an 11 day meth binge sounds like "a bunch of fun" points to inexperience with drug use as well. Nothing harm reduction based about this.

Insanely unhealthy behavior, incredibly naive viewpoint on personal health, not sure why this thread is open still. At 19 you can't even begin to make statements like "I don't want to live past 40". You haven't even lived yet. And the fact that an 11 day meth binge sounds like "a bunch of fun" points to inexperience with drug use as well. Nothing harm reduction based about this.

Nobody is condoning behavior that consists of consuming grams of Methamphetamine at a time. I wouldn't speculate on OP's state of mind, but he opened the thread and here we are. Although it's a little asinine, I feel you on that, it's a topic worth covering. After all, we are a harm reduction community, would it not be important to know how much Methamphetamine will kill?

I feel that the thread wasn't undertaken with sincerity or anything like that, but we're a "take all comers" type of deal. If it can somehow, some way, be related to harm reduction, we're gonna field the questions!

And for the record, I don't think anyone has ever died from ingesting 5mg of Methamphetamine. I mean, sure, if you have an intense allergic reaction to the chemical itself, it could kill you, but in my opinion, that's completely irrelevant to the point at hand.

This would imply that myself at 155lbs, could tolerate as much as 1.75g Methamphetamine in a setting without provoking complete death. Does that mean I will live the rest of my "life" as a brain dead vegetable? I really don't know, it's science, so all we can infer is that it won't bring about our complete death.

This is the point, we can't know re any specific individual. It might be only a near-fatal OD, but as you point out you might not ever return to 'normal; functioning either. There are some things that are worse than being dead that when you are so young its hard to conceive of happening to you. Buyer beware imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.