• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

The GHB/GBL Addiction & Withdrawal Thread v.2

Good to know - the site essentially reaches far more people as a resource as opposed to a forum for active discussion.

Despite that, welcome to the site - look forward to see you posting again soon.

Has anyone else around these parts successfully gotten through GHB withdrawals using Beta Alanine? If so, what did you supplement with to help? How long did it take? I am trying not to load up on wine and benzos, but will resort to them if I have to. I just want to be prepared with everything I need when I do this during the upcoming weekend. Phenibut, Betas, etc. are mostly out the question currently.

Been 24/7 about 2ML every 2hours for about 3 weeks now, night doses stopped working 2 days ago. Need to nip it in the butt soon. :(

I have to second this. Over the best part of a decade I've gone through more litres of GBL than you could shake a crappy instasplit pipette at and have two conclusions that pertain to addiction and w/d to and from this substance and it's gloopier (or if really lucky more powdery) cousin GHB.

1) Natural sleep is probably the single most important factor in avoiding severe w/d symptoms. Yes it's shit trying to sleep after a geeb sesh but it is also entirely doable. Don't redose and you will sleep sooner or later. After much experimentation I would actually go so far as to say w/d symptoms are essentially avoided completely if you stick to this rule. You will still be stuck with the general lack of enthusiasm for pretty much anything after prolonged periods of use, but the truly serious w/d symptoms (crippling anxiety, shakes - convulsions at the more extreme end - and relentless insomnia) are reduced to such a level as to make them negligible at best.

2) If Rule #1 fails then taper. Really is that simple. Reducing your dose fractionally over a period of hours/days (dependent on severity of symptoms) works 100% of the time if you can stick to it. Of course if the individual is one who just cannot bring themselves to "waste" precious geebee on a taper when they could instead mash it right up to the bitter end that is for them to decide. It certainly is a decision though imo. And not even that tricky a one compared to most addiction/withdrawal scenarios. At least none that I have been a party to... which is really rather a lot.

If neither of these are feasible for whatever reason, booze and/or benzos can provide limited relief - baclofen too according to some, phenibut too but has even more vicious w/d symptoms so beware - but mostly it's just slogging it out and either avoiding in future or maybe trying to go with the above two suggestions. I would also consider seeking medical assistance if the addiction is a severe one as w/d symptoms can be genuinely dangerous in extreme situations. Mostly it's "just" Hell on Earth though... which is why I swear by those two "Golden Rules".

Thank you Shambles, that is exactly what I needed to hear. I'm currently tapering off and I'm at 1ML every two hours. May I ask, what should the tail end of tapering look like?

Apologies for the delay <3

Tail end of the taper looks like nothing much of anything. Quite literally. Maybe a modicum of disturbed sleep for a couple days. Certainly nothing to be worried about. If you can get time off from whatever it is you do then that would probably be best... but not utterly essential if there is no other option cos the "aftereffects" are entirely manageable. The worst of them would be general malaise. You'll feel a lil washed out, a lil lacking in enthusiasm and general oomph, a lil down in the dumps maybe. But compared to actual w/d you are so far in the pink you are positively fuchsia and climbing. Take it for what it is: shite but a helluva lot better than it could've been, lick your wounds and reconsider future uses with this experience in mind.

Deep and sincere apologies if I missed you but, hopefully, even with what you said you should be in a considerably better position than you would have been otherwise. Best of luck <3

Hi all!

This is my second row with the shit, and it hit the fan expectedly early and hard. I got a 1 l bottle Wednesday and started dosing 24/7 right off the bat. I still got 35 xannies left, so taking a break for a week or so or stopping entirely won't pose much of a problem, I reckon.
My tolerance always rises very rapidly with everything; when I had my first go, I ended up taking 6 ml to get to sleep after close to 3 months of using. I started off at 2 ml this time and sleeping mode activates between 2.5 and 3 ml now. I don't plan on letting it reach that insane level from before again.

It is so hard not touching the stuff though. I broke off the engagement with my fiancee a few weeks ago and it has been pretty rough sailing since, Guice is my only means of attaining happiness right now, or rather a state of not feeling utterly desolate and miserable. :/ I was with a couple homies tonight and kept nodding off repeatedly.

A bit late, but valerian DOES contain a GABAa agonist, possibly more than one, in addition to compounds very similar to valproate, the sodium channel blocker antiseizure drug. IIRC the primary action is GABAa agonism at the loreclezole binding site. Benzos if available, whilst not a fix as such, of course are going to be better than nothing.

Clonidine (or tizanidine or lofexidine if available) will help with the massive sympathetic nervous system overactivation.
Melissa...contains compounds which act as GABA reuptake inhibitors. Not strong, at least not without a strong extract preparation, but better than nothing.

If available, do get phenibut, its a long-acting GABAb agonist, GHB is a short-duration one meaning its difficult to control peak plasma levels and thus withdrawals rebound again and again. Phenibut can at least be used for a proper taper. Phenibut or baclofen will help far better than benzos will, although that isn't to say that benzos should be ignored if available.

For glutamatergic rebound type nastiness, memantine, or low-medium dose NMDA antagonists of other sorts, such as MXE or the PCP analogs, at doses sufficient to cause only mild dissociation, not aiming for a 'hole' will help.

Alcohol could make things worse, as it seems to cause a glutamatergic rebound after use.

Opiates, too, if available, plus cannabinoids, will help.

Up to 4 ml to get to sleep again. :/

Does anyone have any experience with guicing before surgery? How many days ahead should I (try to) stop? And should I tell the anesthetist about it too?

Man I would like to get my hands on some of this. You guys in europe have it easy lol.

Came here to discuss GHB usage. I don't think I'm addicted, I just use it 4-5 times a week. When all my friends drink, I use GHB instead. Been using it pretty regularly for 4 years now, just never 24/7. I especially like to use it before eating a meal at restaurants because it makes the eating experience heavenly. I'm wondering is it ok to use it on and off like this for the foreseeable future? I wonder if I have a problem that I need to stop, or is it ok because it's not really affecting anything that I'm aware of. All the reading I've done on GHB indicates it's non toxic and rather safe when used responsibly. What sucks is I don't know of anyone else that does it this regularly or has a history of using it to talk with, so that's why I came here in the hopes to discuss it with like minded people in the know. It's an amazing substance for sure, but I just wish there was more info on long term use and any harm it may be causing.

^ Hello and welcome to BL and EADD in particular :)

Aside from addiction and related w/d issues, I'm not personally aware of any real issues from GHB/GBL use. That addiction and w/d stuff really is a major issue though and one to be avoided at all costs. The real concern is when you start dosing around the clock. Stick to "going out" type dosing and I don't really see a problem... unless you make it one by falling into the trap of 24/7 dosing that is.

Up to 4 ml to get to sleep again. :/

Does anyone have any experience with guicing before surgery? How many days ahead should I (try to) stop? And should I tell the anesthetist about it too?

Really sorry to be so late to respond but I would, again, strongly urge reconsidering the use of Guice (hehe, not read that term in ages <3) for sleep. It only ever ends horribly. If you can avoid KO doses of GBL and/or GHB I promise you will greatly appreciate the distinct lack of w/d effects once the bottle runs dry.

Hope the surgery went well <3

Man I would like to get my hands on some of this. You guys in europe have it easy lol.

Meh, swings and roundabouts. Not like it's exactly legal around these parts (in the UK anyway)... but it's also not like the post office can check every package that crossed their path either... ;)

^ Hello and welcome to BL and EADD in particular :)

Thank you for the welcome! :)

Would you know of any reading I can find that has people discussing multiple years of GHB use, and what their experiences have been long term? Should I start a new thread perhaps?

I'd keep it in here, tbh, as this is where pretty much all G-based discussion happens on BL.

FWIW, I've been using (and often abusing) GBL for over ten years now and I can't say I've experienced any issues beyond the obvious ones that apply to crossing the line from use to abuse with any drug. I've personally found it easier to control (addiction and w/d wise) than almost any other drug I can think of... but I am very much in the minority there.

Only thing I've noted that comes close to physical concern for me is that towards a heavy run of GBL use my liver tends to feel kinda bloated... but then I also tend to drink rather a lot too so could just as well be six of one...

Either way, I'd still say that heavy use is the major concern but hope others chime in to add their thoughts. We have plenty longterm geeb users of many stripes floating around here somewhere so hopefully at least a couple will pass by in time to see your posts. In the meantime, do feel free to have a gander at some of our other threads :)

I've got a fair bit of experience with G, including periods of daily use. However, I've never dealt with a physical addiction, primarily because the half life is so short and I've only ever dosed a couple times a day at most.

Hi, I am learning how to navigate the forums. ?? How do I search for lyrical withdrawal.

Hey, Chloe :)

The search function on BL can take some getting used to but searching for "Lyrica, pregabalin, withdrawal" and variations upon that theme should turn up a number of threads on that very topic. As a start try clickying this linky for what I turned up searching the above terms. FWIW, I suspect Other Drugs may be the best forum for this particular subject as a starting point.

Best of luck and, once again, welcome to BL and EADD in particular <3

just kicked it, for 10 years I thought I'd never go trough this again. I am typing on my Smartphone and will be editing and adding whenever I have a few minutes to spare.

Background:
I am a 32 year old male German who has had a 50mL+ addiction about 10 years ago, which I managed to kick after a few attempts, relapsing countless times.

Situation currently:
I have had 250mL of 1,4-butanediol earlier this year which I caned through without any wd's. Have had 150mL of GBL after that. Caned it in similar fashion with no wd's.

Got a litre virtually free and got addicted again. Noticed after a few days of 24/7 use that I was addicted exactly 1 week ago after shooting some coke, making soft wd's terribly worse.

I am a heroin addict since 7 years and I am in management getting 1200mg of time release morphine but still use on the side. Coke, benzos and Heroin.

What happened 2 weeks ago:
So I got myself a litre of GBL, used it a few times 1 day after a serious i.v. meth binge to ease the comedown. Having the big bottle, I also came across 10 vials of 5mg/mL 3mL of midazolam and 30 capsules of clomethiazole (thank God for these).

I binged on midazolam, heroin, pregabalin and GBL for 10 days. This is where the 24/7 use started and that I realised, that I was addicted, suffering wd's again!

I started at 1,5mL/2. hrs, went down to 1mL/2 hrs, then down to 0,8mL/hrs.

At this dose I introduced pregabalin 300mg/8hrs which allowed me to cut down to 0,8mL/4hrs.

At this dose I decided to kick.

Last night at 8pm I took the last 0,8mL and started the clomethiazole at high doses. Also shot a decent bag of heroin and took another 300mg's of pregabalin.

Woke up a few times but knocked myself out with more clomethiazole. Took 14 192mg capsules!!!

I am fine now. Just sweating a little. Tremor is gone. Impending feeling of doom was gone since pregabalin was started.

I do carry 0,8mL with me just in case.

I still have the 0,8mL in my pocket, but have no intention of drinking it, not any craving.

I cannot edit the thread I posted on my smartphone as whenever I try, the delete button gets pressed, tried different browsers but still. It is a really annoying bug!

Just want to chime in on this given I'm pretty familiar with the drug, have a longterm rx for it for seizure control,
Be REALLY careful with chlormethiazole. It isn't like benzos, Z-drugs and the like, overdose on it and it will kill you. It acts like a barbiturate, binds to the same site on GABAa receptors, although it lacks the AMPA type glutamate receptor antagonism of the barbs, which probably does make it a mite safer than barbs, but not to a degree it won't knock you off as soon as look at you if you mix it with other depressants. DEFINITELY don't even think of mixing it with GBL. You might as well put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger as mix those. Using it solely as a taper, is different, still, be damn careful with it, it is known to be very unforgiving in terms of OD.

(oh, and don't leave the capsules in or on anything made of plastic, teflon would be alright, but generally, it eats plastic. I've a computer keyboard somewhere I left a couple of those on, and I had to gouge them out, and pare off the plastic before they could be used, as they had burnt into, and welded themselves to the plastic of the keyboard.