• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

FENTANYL in methanol solvent

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeemer691

Greenlighter
hey so I was able to get mh hands on some liquid fentanyl which is used as a RC here is a description:

Product: Fentanyl
Concentration: 100 ug/mL
Solvent: Methanol
Unit Size: 1 mL/ampule
Grade: Certified Reference Material
Chemical Formula: C22H28N2O
Molecular Weight: 336.48
CAS Number: 437-38-7

so i was wondering how I would go about using it, like if its dissovled in methanol isn't that bad 4 you , how could I turn this into something usable , IV IN or orally

thanks for the help guys

Last edited:
Hi redeemer691, welcome to Bluelight :)

We don't actually use "SWIM" here, it really doesn't offer you any protection and it makes posts more difficult to read. If you could edit your post would be great.

Methanol is toxic, so I would definitely not take fentanyl in methanol. As little as 5ml of methanol taken orally can cause permanent blindness, and even extremely tiny amounts can cause serious adverse effects. Injecting it could very easily kill you.

In addition, unless you already have a very high tolerance to opioids, fentanyl itself is very easy to overdose on.

I will leave this open for now on the off chance there is anyone on here who knows of some way to safely and reliably remove the methanol, but the best idea is to avoid this stuff completely.

Last edited:
I definitely wouldn't try using it while in solution, as swimming said methanol is toxic as fuck. If you're intent on using it, you could try pouring it out on foil and letting it evaporate off (shouldn't take too long, methanol is pretty volatile, just don't try putting a lighter under it to heat it up, it's highly flammable too =D).
From there, easiest ROA would probably be to vape it, or if that isn't your thing, licking it off. What's your opi tolerance like? There's a conversion chart in my sig, but if you don't have much opi experience, I wouldn't do more than 250ug on your first try.

I would have liked to know why someone had this fent even stored in methanol. It would make it practically useless in later uses.

^This thread is from over a month ago, but fentanyl is available in methanol as a legitimate research chemical, not intended for human consumption. I would hazard a guess that one of the reasons methanol specifically may be used as the solvent to actually prevent people from using it. It is used for "in vitro" experiments, meaning studies that are conducted in a test tube or using components of an organism (blood, hair, etc) that have been removed from the body, as opposed to "in vivo", which is conducted with living organisms in their normal, intact state. Or it might be used for experiments that don't involve living things at all.

As far as I know, it was a dangerous solvent if used in excess or inappropriately.

Sorry if what follows is an excessively long explanation but I feel it's important for harm reduction.

Methanol is never used as a solvent in drugs meant for human use. It is very toxic. Because of its toxic properties, methanol is frequently used as a additive for ethanol manufactured for industrial uses to deter people from drinking it. I would absolutely never inject methanol. Other ROAs are probably not something worth messing with either. Sure people are capable of consuming small amounts of methanol without dying, but even small amounts can cause unpleasant side effects, illness and serious problems like blindness. Fentanyl itself is also extremely dangerous to use recreationally unless someone already has a very high tolerance to opioids. Normally for pain it is used transdermally (on the skin), or buccally (between the cheek and gum in the mouth). One study determined that a maximum "safe" level of methanol taken orally by someone in excellent health would be around 2ml per 24 hrs. So yes that ampoule described by the OP had 1ml of methanol in it, so perhaps oral administration MIGHT be ok if they were only going to do 1 ampoule, but fentanyl is not normally orally ingested due to it's low bioavailability (~30% ), plus most forms of legit fentanyl are timed-release, so it would very hard to figure out oral dosing. I have no idea of the safety of administering methanol nasally, buccally, or transdermally. MAYBE transdermally could be ok, but is it really worth the risks? And that's assuming you don't OD on the fentanyl itself. I really believe that fentanyl in methanol is not something anyone should risk taking in any form, and it should definitely not be injected. As nAON said, you could try to evaporate off the methanol, but I still would not use it IV.

what would be the motive behind storing it in methanol? apart the opposite of deterring abuse.

^Methanol is a common laboratory solvent. I would assume the methanol is used because fentanyl is highly soluble in methanol and it is a good solvent for the purposes of the experiments it is intended to be used for, and at the same time deters human consumption. You could easily prepare solutions of different concentrations from the stock solution, and methanol is especially useful for HPLC, UV/VIS spectroscopy, and LCMS, due to its low UV cutoff.

I would have liked to know why someone had this fent even stored in methanol. It would make it practically useless in later uses.

could you maybe put it on blotter paper or something, and then let the methanol evaporate?

I guess if you dont mind ingesting minute amounts of methanol thats feasible. Teeny, tiny, amounts would be left over still though (absorbed into paper along with fent, or sitting on the paper along with fent, depending on their evap temps and if you bought the right kind of blotter paper that ABSORBS it), and would not do you harm, IN THEORY. As many of us have learned though: theory and reality can be 2 different beasts entirely.

Plus, I would wager the following: once your tolerance goes up, or you become addicted and severely dependent on the fent (extremely likely considering potency/short duration of effects). you would ingest MORE AND MORE methanol, and care less and less about the effects, to the point you eventually ingest enough to do some harm.

I myself have no desire to ingest that chemical. Even in this small of an amount.

I still agree with the mod on this just tell the original poster to chalk it up as a loss and move to something else

Okay, so I know that this thread is *INSANELY* old, but given that we're talking about:
1. Fentanyl (which is extremely likely to kill any Recreational Drug User), and
2. Methanol (which is extremely likely to kill any Recreational Drug User),

and seeing as how the answer wasn't included in this thread, I figured I'd share some information for any future BL'ers that stumble upon this Thread via the Search Engine...

Fentanyl is included in Methanol because this is *SPECIFICALLY* a REFERENCE SAMPLE...Laboratories use Reference Samples as a way of determining the "same-ness" of another sample, and they do this by having known measurement values for 100% pure analytical reference materials for every compound in question.

THAT 1mL SAMPLE OF METHANOL+FENTANYL WAS NEVER INTENDED TO ACTUALLY BE INGESTED! It's simply an Analytical Reference Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.