Bluelight

Thread: tripping on cough medicine first time

1. Collapse Details
    tripping on cough medicine first time 
    So im planning on tripping out on cough medicine for the first time. The one i have has no acetaminophen in it, which is the shit that damages your liver. So how much do i take. I was thinking like 3 or 4oz. I weigh about 145 pounds. Any details on the trip would be cool to. thanks

2. Collapse Details

You sound young

I think 3 or 400 mg is what ur aiming for, but I would search for dxm dosages here and erowid b4 taking that crap

3. Collapse Details

It depends on the mg DXM / mL. I highly recommend you start out with a very low dose (~80 mg) to make sure you can tolerate it well, and slowly increase your dose from that point. Starting at low doses with DXM is especially important because many people are deficient in the CYP2D6 enzyme which causes normal recreational doses to be toxic. If you're tripping balls off 80mg, chances are you're CYP2D6 deficient.

Also, make sure there are ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER INGREDIENTS in the syrup, not just acetaminophen.

4. Collapse Details

Well there's also guaifenesin and phenylephrine as the other two active ingredients, besides dxm.

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Delsym brand has only dxm.

6. Collapse Details

Don't take what u have.

Get some delsym

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by seargentbaker View Post
    Well there's also guaifenesin and phenylephrine as the other two active ingredients, besides dxm.
    It'd be a very bad idea to take phenylephrine and DXM in large doses together since they both raise heart rate. All that guaifenesin would probably make you vomit. Again, get pure DXM syrup, it's not hard to find.