• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread - Inhalation #2

Yes, it's typical, because the dispenser will last for years, while you continue to buy more cartridges (which are called chargers) that get used up as you empty them.

Beware of cheap dispensers. I can't remember the brand name, but I got the cheapest one, and it failed quickly. (About every 3rd charger would fail to pierce correctly.) It's worth spending more on that component to get a good quality durable one.

Yes. I used to sit around and alternate bumps of K with balloons, and sip a margarita in addition. I haven't tried nitrous with psychedelics yet but that's next on my list.

^it goes great with lsd but not so much with mushrooms(IME). Nitrous and mescaline was also quite nice.

I know.

Actually I will probably order from amazon as I already have stuff coming from there.

But what I'm finding odd is that the charger usually doesn't seem to be sold with the cartridges and you have to buy them seperately.

Is this typical?

I'm also still wondering about the combo with Kratom.

I didn't notice very much synergy between Kratom + Nitrous. The Nitrous also seemed to numb the good body feelings from the Kratom.

Poppy Seed tea + Nitrous, however, with good dosages, I have found to be rather engaging and psychedelic. I don't know why, maybe dopamine. :\:)

Kind of lame question but what size balloons, in terms of inches, do you guys feel are best (or necessary) for nitrous crackers?

I just got a cracker today and attempted to use one for the first time in my life but the balloons I bought weren't big enough as they were only 12 inches (or at least that's how they were advertised).

They didn't seem 12 inches to me, but either way they broke when I tried to use them.

So yeah, somebody tell me what size balloons I should buy so they don't break but at the same time aren't TOO big to the point of being ridiculous.

^punch balloons. If you want to put up to 3 in there: twist the end of the balloon, put a new charger in, untwist, unload, repeat.

Be careful with the crackers though, they aren't like dispensers. It will get really cold. If you're smart, use a sock or towel so you don't freeze your hands. Also, give it some time inbetween more than a few chargers with the cracker to warm up, and also, balloons will crack if you bend then when frozen, so be careful.

amn-683_1z.jpg

^punch balloons. If you want to put up to 3 in there: twist the end of the balloon, put a new charger in, untwist, unload, repeat.

Be careful with the crackers though, they aren't like dispensers. It will get really cold. If you're smart, use a sock or towel so you don't freeze your hands. Also, give it some time inbetween more than a few chargers with the cracker to warm up, and also, balloons will crack if you bend then when frozen, so be careful.

amn-683_1z.jpg

How do you make sure that the gas doesn't escape as you are putting the balloon back on the cracker?

Just by twisting/squeezing the end of the balloon really tightly?

Can you just put one charger in and do them one at a time?

I'm guessing you just mentioned 3 because it's the most you can probably fit in there at once?

I am also guessing that you will have to be really careful to squeeze the end of the balloon when taking it off the cracker before inhaling so the gas doesn't escape?

Thanks

How do you make sure that the gas doesn't escape as you are putting the balloon back on the cracker?

Just by twisting/squeezing the end of the balloon really tightly?

Can you just put one charger in and do them one at a time?

I'm guessing you just mentioned 3 because it's the most you can probably fit in there at once?

I am also guessing that you will have to be really careful to squeeze the end of the balloon when taking it off the cracker before inhaling so the gas doesn't escape?

Thanks

1311102312.png

9436644.jpg

This is an image of a generic nitrous cracker. The top part, has two holes on the outside, and on the inside, has a downward facing pin or sharp piece of metal. When the threads are entirely tightened, this pin will pierce the top door on the nitrous charger; releasing the gas, which will escape through the holes of the top piece.

After you have released one charger, what I meant was; twist the end of the balloon, but, keep it still attached to the top half of the cracker. Unscrew the bottom part. Turn it upside down, let the empty charger fall out, and drop a full one inside the bottom piece.

Then, with the balloon still twisted from allowing air/gas to escape on the top part, screw the bottom half onto the top half of the cracker about 97 percent. Tighten it almost all the way, but not enough to allow the pin to pierce the nitrous charger inside.

Then, with it mostly tightened, now allow the balloon to untwist, and you can twist the two halves of the nitrous cracker the last 3ish percent, which will pierce the charger, and release the nitrous gas into the balloon. Then you can repeat that as many times as you need.

%)

1311102312.png

9436644.jpg

This is an image of a generic nitrous cracker. The top part, has two holes on the outside, and on the inside, has a downward facing pin or sharp piece of metal. When the threads are entirely tightened, this pin will pierce the top door on the nitrous charger; releasing the gas, which will escape through the holes of the top piece.

After you have released one charger, what I meant was; twist the end of the balloon, but, keep it still attached to the top half of the cracker. Unscrew the bottom part. Turn it upside down, let the empty charger fall out, and drop a full one inside the bottom piece.

Then, with the balloon still twisted from allowing air/gas to escape on the top part, screw the bottom half onto the top half of the cracker about 97 percent. Tighten it almost all the way, but not enough to allow the pin to pierce the nitrous charger inside.

Then, with it mostly tightened, now allow the balloon to untwist, and you can twist the two halves of the nitrous cracker the last 3ish percent, which will pierce the charger, and release the nitrous gas into the balloon. Then you can repeat that as many times as you need.

%)

Thanks,

Got it.

It looks just like the one I have.

I just got a nitrous cracker, some chargers and punch balloons for the first time and tried them out today.

I might not be used to using this yet, but so far I'm finding that just sucking the gas out of whip cream cans gave me a better buzz than this is and it seems to not usually be doing as much as I want.

I think maybe I'm letting some of the gas escape somehow and I'm pissed cause I already made small holes in 2 of the 4 balloons.

Do people recommend that I keep breathing into the balloon and blowing it up again as I inhale?

Thats' how I got the best buzz off of one so far...but I think that's also probably how you kill the most brain cells.

I don't know why the whip cream cannisters seem to give me a better effect...

Does anyone know why this might be??

I also seem to be making my lungs tired by breathing in and out so much and holding my breath and I'm wondering if I should avoid this but if I just try to take the nitrous all at once I don't seem to get much of a buzz for some weird reason.

Is it possible for a person to strain the muscles in their lungs from breathing too deeply or holding their breath and have them take a few days to recover?

Maybe I should have gotten a dispenser but I can't afford one now.

Last edited:
Pure Nitrous Oxide vs Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been asked before, but I'm on my phone and at work right now so I can't really search through this thread or the last one right now, so I figured I'd just ask it again....

Does anyone here have experience using mixtures of nitrous oxide and oxygen, mask, balloon, or otherwise? Tanks of these mixtures exist, so I know someone out there has to be doing it. I've been using nitrous a lot lately, really just on psychedelics, and I love it, but part of me thinks that it has to be even better when mixed with oxygen. It definitely gives me some muddled cognition that reminds me of when I tried that thing where you hyperventilate and then stand up really quick to deprive yourself of oxygen that I tried a long time ago when I do a really big balloon, but I admittedly don't know if that is because of the slight oxygen deprivation that comes from taking several big pure nitrous hits in a row (even while taking breaths in between) or if it's just from the dissociation from the nitrous itself. I do know though that nootropics which increase cerebral blood and oxygen flow definitely tend to make my highs, rolls, and trips more powerful and meaningful, so it wouldn't be surprising to me if that deprivation did detract from them a bit, while I was thinking that using a nitrous/oxygen mixture could actually make the experience and the potentiation of psychedelics much cleaner.

Of course, I can't say for sure as I haven't tried it, so yeah.... Has anyone here? I would greatly appreciate some input!

@mycophile: you can get a dispenser reasonably cheap and it works so much better. It makes sucking on a whipped cream can seem a lot weaker.

I don't know how long you've been using nitrous, but I found that I like it more the more I use it, but at first it seemed like it got worse over time. Like there was a dip in the graph, if you will. I have no idea why that is, but maybe it's what you're experiencing.