• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread - Inhalation #2

Wow that was deep.

I usually just use a kitchen trash bag. There is no resistance an its easier to get a good hard hit. Its a bit wasteful but if you have a tank its within reason.

Cool I wish I had a tank :\
Not sure if I consider the resistance of balloons a problem actually, though the balloons do wear out and get brittle and weird. Also I used to have a balloon phobia as a child, probably from being scared beyond my wits from one popping when I was younger than I can remember.

What was really sick just now was that it was somehow like my fingers touching and poking the balloon made it feel like I was touching and poking my lungs directly. That blows my mind!

I was also able to achieve the vibration again and tuned in on it even more, which made it seem like the secret is to get standing waves to resonate, the result was very blissful and the vibration really turned into that AUMMMmmmm, which is very rare for me to experience but I feel like it is the dialtone of the mind or something..

I don't understand how there are not more people posting their experiences here...

Last edited:
I've made some cool devices out of strong plastics to try to make sure the least amount of nitrous escaped. A blow up beach volleyball worked best(it was a huge one as well purchased for a few bucks on Ebay since it was winter where i'm at). I connected an oxygen mask to it and it was quite easy to inhale a few chargers, then exhale into the bag, take a couple more breaths from the bag, then close off the mask, and sit back in dissociated bliss. IDK why but balloons always seemed to lose a bit of the nitrous on each inhale, not to mention being harder to handle so I decided it was time for an upgrade.

I always have these incredible epiphany like feelings when Im deep in the buzz an when I come out Ive completely forgotten what was so amazing. Ive gotten the same type experience from ketamine.

trees23.jpg

^when i first used a lot of nitrous, it felt too fast to navigate. Like a blur. Or almost blacking out.

but after plenty more it feels like more natural.

and i dunno if conditioning has anything to do with it, maybe through GABA.

But. when i get wasted (drunk), I'm like chill. And fast and fluid. And time seems to slow down for me.

just a thought. I had this thought once that is sort of a delusion if u get into it

But. Why did nitrous get introduced to society? It was passed around with children or something like that in the 1800s. I don't remember where i got this from. I think an article on erwoid. Buuuttttttt.

children laughing gas. - winston churchill. - surgery. - denistry. -psycedelic experience. - sex. >

>makes sense. People do something because it works. U don't eat dog poop. but u ate salt once. and it tasted good. soooo we all eat salt.

Anyway. Nitrous. = evolution.

And on a deeper level. Mouth comfort. Like ciggagrettes. Its an instinctual thing. Makes sense to me.

I don't want to get into deeper perceptual/cognitive-psychology/biology, but what i've settled at in my view of nitrous oxide is that it opens up new ways to program your mind. Like new valves, or understandings of how the mind works.

Similar to how LSD, may have benefits, but the big picture purpose was that it taught psychologists/scientists how diseases are influenced by neurotransmitters. You could create an allusion to nuclear energy here.

=But. Its impossible to program someones mind. That's an archaic view of perception. But. If you look at knowledge or experience through "mesa tabla" or "empiricism"- Using nitrous oxide creates different experiences. Like short movie clips, or lessons, or night classes. Something like that. that mold who you are having experienced that. And the sense of an epiphany is like the sensation of something not being applied. --In the sense, of being analogous to buying a picture frame, and seeing the image that came with it, only as a tangible tool, like a telescope or a verb in the form of a concept.--
grateful-dead.jpg

Last edited:
I've watched the clock and it's about 50 seconds normally. Feels like ages while it's happening and like absolutely no time at all once I'm down though.
You get head aches from nos?

trees23.jpg

^when i first used a lot of nitrous, it felt too fast to navigate. Like a blur. Or almost blacking out.

but after plenty more it feels like more natural.

and i dunno if conditioning has anything to do with it, maybe through GABA.

But. when i get wasted (drunk), I'm like chill. And fast and fluid. And time seems to slow down for me.

just a thought. I had this thought once that is sort of a delusion if u get into it

But. Why did nitrous get introduced to society? It was passed around with children or something like that in the 1800s. I don't remember where i got this from. I think an article on erwoid. Buuuttttttt.

children laughing gas. - winston churchill. - surgery. - denistry. -psycedelic experience. - sex. >

>makes sense. People do something because it works. U don't eat dog poop. but u ate salt once. and it tasted good. soooo we all eat salt.

Anyway. Nitrous. = evolution.

And on a deeper level. Mouth comfort. Like ciggagrettes. Its an instinctual thing. Makes sense to me.

I don't want to get into deeper perceptual/cognitive-psychology/biology, but what i've settled at in my view of nitrous oxide is that it opens up new ways to program your mind. Like new valves, or understandings of how the mind works.

Similar to how LSD, may have benefits, but the big picture purpose was that it taught psychologists/scientists how diseases are influenced by neurotransmitters. You could create an allusion to nuclear energy here.

=But. Its impossible to program someones mind. That's an archaic view of perception. But. If you look at knowledge or experience through "mesa tabla" or "empiricism"- Using nitrous oxide creates different experiences. Like short movie clips, or lessons, or night classes. Something like that. that mold who you are having experienced that. And the sense of an epiphany is like the sensation of something not being applied. --In the sense, of being analogous to buying a picture frame, and seeing the image that came with it, only as a tangible tool, like a telescope or a verb in the form of a concept.--
grateful-dead.jpg

This picture would make a fucking awesome blotter sheet IMO!

I really can't manage nitrous, I've had few too many (sober) inexplicably-passing-out experiences which have usually been accompanied by lots of bizarre feelings beforehand, incredibly brief dreams/hallucinations, then highly anxious coming-round with worried people looking down at me.
As soon as I start to feel the nitrous build it feels just like that, I freak out and have to stop huffing. I end up having had a very minor experience and dealing with considerable bodily anxiety.
Strangely I've never had this feeling with the come-on of DMT (5-meo or NN) which seems so warm and benign.

Also I've had some thoroughly dispiriting times watching friends fiend on nitrous, chasing the answer and chomping a big hole in what was otherwise a rewarding shared time. That sort of compulsive behaviour is not something I like being around, especially when chemically enhanced!

This has been bugging me, so I felt compelled (more on this later) to return to this thread and outline my objections to nitrous more fully.
1. It seems too cheap and frivolous, disposable. From the acquisition, to means of use, to the effects, to the rubbish of spent chargers and balloons. I'm not some straight-faced Leary disciple who thinks that the use of substances should be reserved for serious people thinking serious thoughts, but nos seems the antithesis of profundity, a consumer experience.
2. The compulsive nature, quickly reducing (some/many) people to white mice chasing their tails for another bubble. There's a sinister edge here, especially in those settings where it's being purchased one balloon at a time. Again, consumerism tainting my freedom-trip.
3. It often seems to 'interrupt' whatever was happening before, and leaves a sense of 'what now?' afterwards. I think this may be part of 2.

BUT why do I even care? All I have to do is choose not to inhale any and the problem is solved!
I think the reason nitrous bothers me is because I find that I can't enjoy it, and I feel left out.
Everyone else seems to have access to this quick and easy entertainment but something in me prevents me from sharing that. My own anxieties around exclusion and not being able to find enjoyment in the obvious things elevate this from just something I'm not into to a source of annoyance, anger even.
So in fact this ridiculous gas has enabled a decent psychedelic insight, without me even using it.

Truly a miraculous substance!
=D

So I finally got around to trying this. Had two balloons. Absolutely lovely stuff, so euphoric and mellow. Totally not what I was expecting Nitrous to be like.

I'm under the impression I took what's considered a low dose though as I experienced little dissociated other than the room growing a little and hearing a sound like a quiet kettle in the ground going constantly.

Was a lovely treat though and I'd love to try it on another psychedelic or dissociative.

Gets a thumbs up from me <3

The only times I've ever done Nitrous have either been at the dentist's office or using a whip cream can, but I simply put the plastic end into my mouth and push down until the cream comes out and then I know I've used up the nitrous. I've never used a balloon before.

I have a few questions:

1) why are people asking how to use a cracker with a whip cream cannister? Why don't they just inhale out of the can like I've always done?

Is there a reason why doing it that way is better?

Is there actually more nitrous in the whip cream can then I get out of it by inhaling out of the plastic?

2) is using a cracker and a balloon more intense or different in any way from simply inhaling out of the end of a whip cream container?

3) Someone said that Valerian root increases the intensity of Nitrous. Is this true and if so, why exactly and in what way does it intensify the experience?

I don't consider nitrous to be very smart, I do it a couple times a year maybe if even that much at all, but having those long experience at the dentist's office while mixed with oxygen so it's safer are a lot of fun.

Wish I had the ability to occassionally do those long experiences without being in a dentist's office haha.

Last edited:
The only times I've ever done Nitrous have either been at the dentist's office or using a whip cream can, but I simply put the plastic end into my mouth and push down until the cream comes out and then I know I've used up the nitrous. I've never used a balloon before.

I have a few questions:

1) why are people asking how to use a cracker with a whip cream cannister? Why don't they just inhale out of the can like I've always done?

Is there a reason why doing it that way is better?

Is there actually more nitrous in the whip cream can then I get out of it by inhaling out of the plastic?

2) is using a cracker and a balloon more intense or different in any way from simply inhaling out of the end of a whip cream container?

3) Someone said that Valerian root increases the intensity of Nitrous. Is this true and if so, why exactly and in what way does it intensify the experience?

I don't consider nitrous to be very smart, I do it a couple times a year maybe if even that much at all, but having those long experience at the dentist's office while mixed with oxygen so it's safer are a lot of fun.

Wish I had the ability to occassionally do those long experiences without being in a dentist's office haha.

I think I was the one who said that. A lot of.things potentiate nitrous or rather vise versa. That's why I said valerian root. Many psycs are intensified or changed by nitrous, but valerian root potentiates nitrous the other way around. Valerian inhibits the uptake of GABA, as well as manipulates neurotransmitters, and nitrous acts by increasing GABA, and mixing the signal of things like dopamine/serotonin.

I think I was the one who said that. A lot of.things potentiate nitrous or rather vise versa. That's why I said valerian root. Many psycs are intensified or changed by nitrous, but valerian root potentiates nitrous the other way around. Valerian inhibits the uptake of GABA, as well as manipulates neurotransmitters, and nitrous acts by increasing GABA, and mixing the signal of things like dopamine/serotonin.

So in layman's terms, nitrous is made stronger by Valerian root?

That's cool, I'd like to try that.

What about the rest of my questions?

No one has answered those.

Thanks

Way bigger hits are possible by replacing your can with a cracker set up.

Odd combination perhaps, but I've never tried Kratom and might possibly buy some soon.

Has anyone experienced nitrous mixing well with Kratom or is this combo pretty much ineffective?

I'm also considering buying a cracker and some cartridges, but I don't do much nitrous, most people think it's ineffective on its own, and I'm not smoking weed or using other drugs right now.

Also, I've seemed to notice a lot of sites online don't usually sell the cracker and cartridges together, is this atypical?

Last edited:
ebay has the best prices on that stuff especially if you can buy in bulk. i think you have realized by now but the charger is not a whipped cream can. it is just a little bullet with the gas, hence you need special equipment to extract the gas. there is no cream in it.

ebay has the best prices on that stuff especially if you can buy in bulk. i think you have realized by now but the charger is not a whipped cream can. it is just a little bullet with the gas, hence you need special equipment to extract the gas. there is no cream in it.

I know.

Actually I will probably order from amazon as I already have stuff coming from there.

But what I'm finding odd is that the charger usually doesn't seem to be sold with the cartridges and you have to buy them seperately.

Is this typical?

I'm also still wondering about the combo with Kratom.