• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread - Inhalation #2

You can get a B12 supplement if you're worried, but if you only go on the occasional binge, then you should be getting enough from your diet.

Hippy crack. never liked it that much....

go to a 'nitrous party' you know acouple Kegs and acouple tanks.... and just stay sober... everyone around you becomes a giant idiot. it holds no real value IMO

One question, I've a cream siphon (whipet charger, NO cracker) and don't works now. It's like something obstruct the gas exit (n2o residue on mouthpiece??). I tried washing with warm and soapy water but it failed. Did you notice this on your whipper? Seems like accumulative residue of n2o or something and happened only after few boxes (maybe 100 total nitrous charges lifetime).

my old cracker has a black oily residue after going through 1000s of canisters. never found out what it was.

I don't think so.... look I know I have done it before and it makes your voice sound cool, and afer huffing a big baloon you get that waaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa noise along with what sounds like a conversation from an alternatre reality going on in your head and it seems very cool, but from the outside looking at that, and being sober everyone seems idiotic. People on LSD, Mushrooms, and E all make more sense to me then a person who is drunk and doing wippets.

but like I said that was when I was older/wiser watching others instead of indulging. Don't get me wrong when I was 19 I was all about hitting a bong, and allowing a ballon to push the smoke through the pull out ..... the combination of a bong hit ( with good weed) and a balloon of NoS is prestty intense.

One question, I've a cream siphon (whipet charger, NO cracker) and don't works now. It's like something obstruct the gas exit (n2o residue on mouthpiece??). I tried washing with warm and soapy water but it failed. Did you notice this on your whipper? Seems like accumulative residue of n2o or something and happened only after few boxes (maybe 100 total nitrous charges lifetime).

Maybe something like the valve got stuck from the temperature, or you're right it could be residue because I think that there is something like machine oil that may accumulate over time. Probably from manufacture. It may be innocuous when the chargers are used for their original purpose but inhalation could be an issue and so could malfunction of the dispenser. I never really heard much about the dirty stuff being mentioned IRL or online but I have no other explanation for the suspicious odor and precipitation.
Try a non-polar solvent to try and dissolve the oily stuff. If it doesn't work you may want to buy a repair kit to replace the sensitive parts, it should be considerably cheaper than full replacement.

I ordered a cracker with gasket ring that presumably fix the problem of near all crackers (gas loss between two parts). I hope it works well without loss! Someone there has tried a hit of nitrous for come up nervousness of classic psychedelics? I find nitrous pretty anxiolityc...

How much does everyone else do nos? What would you call a binge? How often do you guys binge? How often do you think you should allow yourself to binge? If I'm binging ma friends and I do a box each (24) if we have that much probably about once a month. Although often, since I'm the one ordering 120 canisters and just have loads lying about, I'll end up having anywhere from 0-6 canister every day in the week leading up the binge. Dya guys think thats too much?

Amazon.com has good priced nitrous dispensers in all kinds of sizes/colors, screw paying a bill 60.

I love myself some nitrous while already on a psychedelic or mdma but i don't do it often probably 4 times a year and i go through around 10-30 chargers in a night. My favorite combo so far is Cubensis mushrooms+MDMA+Nitrous, very euphoric/trippy combo IME. I really like the dentist nitrous sessions to, like being on constant whip-it for about 30 minutes. i always keep telling them to turn it up more but they always look at me and say i think we are where we need to be while im sitting there drooling on myself haha.

I have been wanting to try MXE+Salvia+Nitrous for awhile now, i will probably do this soon i will comment back on how it goes for sure.

Last edited:
I really like the dentist nitrous sessions to, like being on constant whip-it for about 30 minutes. i always keep telling them to turn it up more but they always look at me and say i think we are where we need to be while im sitting there drooling on myself haha.

Made me lol. Try not drinking any liquid for a day before hand so you physically can't druel then try asking :)

I read two or three seizure reactions involving nos, Is like to produce that or is a idiosyncratic user reaction? commonly involve combo with other sustances, psychedelics, mdma, etc or alone with more than one cartridge.

Just had a nitrous epiphany - not all balloons are that brilliant but every once in a while it is extra amazing IME.

What if the reason that elucidating nitrous oxide's mechanism of action is so elusive is that it does not actually have any typical pharmacological properties, but it permeates the body and the CNS nonetheless. I find that it seems like the awesome effects of nitrous mostly have to do with modulating or amplifying existing actions, especially those that are already being tweaked by other drugs, and most of all: feedback loops, that can result in effects like echo-reverberations or peak experiences from positively reinforcing loops.
Maybe nitrous changes binding interactions and the way it permeates the brain creates something like a diffraction difference, speeding up certain interactions and slowing down others, maybe only marginally - but possibly dose-dependent. By itself it could not really be detected or explained and it seems almost inert. The subtle physical phenomena are really beyond my understanding but I think that this kind of participation is where we need to look for effects.

(@freaktech: yes I have had reactions like that as well - you are not the only one, thanks for reminding me not to combine it with other, more serious, drugs anymore)

^^ I thought of that before as nitrous seems to intensify all drug effects I've perceived. I'm not so sure how strong its nmda antagonism is which is linked to tolerance reduction (I believe cigs work in a similar action being an maoi). so In effect, nitrous would temporarily reduce tolerance to a large degrees thus causing an increase in other drug effects. I'm not sure though, sounds more like ADD material.

Nitrous feels like the nmda activity is only a secondary effect. The unique euphoria, mental effects, and "wah-wah-wah" auditory effects don't seem to come from that pharmacological action. Other dissociatives (mxe, dxm, etc.) feel almost nothing like nitrous to me. Various other inhalant-type drugs produce the same effects but idk if they also target nmda.

Just had a nitrous epiphany - not all balloons are that brilliant but every once in a while it is extra amazing IME.

What if the reason that elucidating nitrous oxide's mechanism of action is so elusive is that it does not actually have any typical pharmacological properties, but it permeates the body and the CNS nonetheless. I find that it seems like the awesome effects of nitrous mostly have to do with modulating or amplifying existing actions, especially those that are already being tweaked by other drugs, and most of all: feedback loops, that can result in effects like echo-reverberations or peak experiences from positively reinforcing loops.
Maybe nitrous changes binding interactions and the way it permeates the brain creates something like a diffraction difference, speeding up certain interactions and slowing down others, maybe only marginally - but possibly dose-dependent. By itself it could not really be detected or explained and it seems almost inert. The subtle physical phenomena are really beyond my understanding but I think that this kind of participation is where we need to look for effects.

(@freaktech: yes I have had reactions like that as well - you are not the only one, thanks for reminding me not to combine it with other, more serious, drugs anymore)

Can you dumb that down with an adequete metaphor please?

Well, most drugs work by binding to receptors which is kind of like pushing a button or doorbell which can be done hard, subtly, long, briefly, etc... and depending on a lot of factors that may or may not result in activation / someone responding to the doorbell.
These receptors are arranged in a huge system, imagine a whole country with people pushing doorbells and telling a 'bit' of gossip when someone opens the door. Then in a lot of cases, when that gossip is spreaded it causes the receiver to push other doorbells to spread it even more, or prevent doorbells from being rang if the kind of person living in a certain house is generally against gossiping. There are also feedback loops, where groups of people may get 'riled up' over entering gossip or activity.
You must understand that this entire system is 'timed' in a certain way and the weird thing is that it is not so much the content of the gossip that matters but the activity itself, or the amount of gossip - which can come in spurts and certain patterns. These patterns, that can move through the system like waves are what emerge from a helicopter view perspective. Still with me?

Nitrous oxide in my theory is not like most other drugs something that when you put it in your brain starts ringing doorbells where people live that have a particular predisposition regarding gossip (which would change the patterns in a way that reflects this predisposition), but it may be pervasive - standing in front of a lot of different kinds of doorbells where different kinds of people live with different kinds of predisposition. The subtle interaction it may have there, such as putting a tiny bit of glue on doorbells or slippery wax or ice that makes your finger slide off, could change the atmosphere in the system/country in a major and general way. It can disrupt the pattern, because the uniform interaction at the doorbells normalize how the gossip moves. (I think considering the potential for seizures it is more likely that it acts like a little bit of glue at the doorbell.)
Feedback loops may not necessarily be amplified by this in a classical way but they could be "felt" as the nitrous moves through it, because depending on how much nitrous there is this feedback loop activity can be slightly changed which could reverberate throught the system like an echo. Which may not happen with other drugs because they don't work in such a pervasive and uniformly disruptive way. If other patterns are temporarily destabilized by the nitrous, then the feedback loop reverberations that are left over become so much more prominent - it could seem like that is all there is for a moment.
I mentioned the word diffraction because of another sort of metaphor: when light moves through matter into another sort of matter such as from water to air, or into a prism, it changes direction a bit depending on the wavelength. If the gossip/activity/information is imagined to travel with this light, breaking it with a prism is also a pervasive kind of change on another level than at the level of the information itself.

Sorry for mixing up metaphors and remember this is just an idea that popped into my head while under the influence of this stuff, and yes it is kind of ADD material, but who knows... I like that the idea can fit with the principles of feedback loops, the fact that the effects of nitrous are not well understood even though it is an extremely simple molecule and the possibility that something so simple could be that more universal / pervasive in it's actions.

I think I understand why doing balloons and inhaling+exhaling instead of just holding the gas inside the lungs is such a powerful experience! What if nitrous oxide somehow bestows the user with direct and spontaneous insight into pranayama technique and allows us to voice these meditative breathing techniques, keeping firm pressure on the lungs using the balloons as a closed circuit extension of our lungs?
Could be I am just hallucinating but it feels like there are deep vibrations in my breath accompanying my nitrous trips, and this seems kind of consistent.

Also I am now regularly experiencing effects that feel like asymptotic curves and functions that may be represented at different levels of the nervous system / brain. As if for example shivers run over my visual cortex centers and cause a color boost as a wave gliding over the visual spectrum as humans experience it. Similarly I think there are kinetic processes and feedback loops emphasized and echoed within the electromagnetic consciousness field. I know that sounds esoteric but I have no better way to describe it. :D