• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

tulpas, aka self induced hallucinations of an imaginary friend

breakeven60k

Greenlighter
A link, for the uninformed http://blog.tulpa.info/

What's everyone's thoughts on this? The internet's full of crazies. Is it actually possible to induce some type of schizophrenia in yourself to create an extremely vivid imaginary friend that also appears to have its own consciousness?

ooh lord... =)

About self induced hallucinations--- hmm... possibly. But is there realy any differance in ways of fuckind up yourself ?_))

I would personally be extremely worried about this snowballing into a legitimate mental illness if taken too far.

I would personally be extremely worried about this snowballing into a legitimate mental illness if taken too far.

Having an imaginary friend, who is visible to you and has his own consciousness IS taking it way too far, in my opinion=)

if its posssible, then fuck it ill take that risk. life is a sandbox, my mind is a playground, we only live once, who cares and why not.

it's just a matter of whether this is just a waste of time and i'll spend 60 hours talking to myself with no result.

I've heard of tulpas, but I don't think this is it; if you believe such things exist (I don't), then from what I've read they're extremely difficult to create--and equally difficult to get rid of.

Interesting...I'd never heard of this.

Liked this bit: 'Tulpa is intelligent, so it doesn't like dubstep' :p

Tulpas are real, it's not known if they are self-aware, but among the community it is generally accepted that they are. Nor are they an imaginary friend, imaginary friends don't deviate. And no, it will NOT result in mental illness, that much at least can be confirmed. And it is not the same as schizophrenia , nor is it even a disorder or mental illness of any kind in and of itself. It isn't detrimental to your health, it doesn't prevent you from functioning, or anything of the sort, unless you purposefully create the tulpa to be harmful. Therefore, it cannot be defined as a mental illness or disorder of any kind.

this gives me a real sense of unease, i think i read a story once about a woman who created one in japan in the 19th century and it turned bad or something
must have been terrifying if she really believed in it and/or could see it

but then again, i like to think of my little crying troll/frog face as my tupla :)
༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽or perhaps i'm his?