• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How do you make pills taken orally work faster?

I was going to suggest plugging as well, but unlike zolpidem, I'm pretty sure zopiclone has really poor water solubility.

Edit:
Solubility is 0.151 mg/mL

Last edited:
1. empty stomach
2. you may have a little appetizer just before to release stomach acids <- I'm not sure about this, but I do so
3. have a coffee just before - it speeds up metabolism
4. parachute
5. have warm water to wash it down
6. benzos and z-drugs work fine sublinugual
7. consider plugging

Almost exactly how I figure it.
Empty stomach definately works much faster.
I quite often have an appetizer before taking, also in the hope some stomach acid builds up.
I didn't know about coffee speeding up metabolism. This is probably my main problem, I have a slow metabolismas I've been sick and in bed for a while.
I'll try the warm way and parachute tonight and let u know how it goes.

Thanks bud.

Yeah I'm not convinced that crushing IR pills helps enough to make a difference.

I will try parachuting it tonight but I've tried crushing and then slugging it back with water before and it didn't do much, in fact it worked less well, must have lost some in mucous or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly man just pop em whole...
Im pretty sure the pharma companies know what the fuck their doing making them in tablet form..sure you can crush your pills in to peices that will probably be destroyed when trying to pass through the 1st pass metabolism, or just wait an hour for much better effects..

Bite the pill so it crushes up in your mouth and dissolves/absorbs faster

Or plug it, if that's your thing

This

Powder will hit you faster than solid pill. I'd imagine dissolving the pill in water & drinking the solution would hit quicker still. Asides from this, you're not going to have it hit any quicker outside of trying another ROA altogether.

Ya, you quoted me, but then said that you'd do the opposite of my advice.

Bottom Line

1.) Quit throwing up before taking pills, that's pretty god damned stupid.
2.) I find that it varies from different pills. Like with Oxycodone I will rail those bitches, Dilaudid shall be banged, Hydrocodone should be crushed and the powder should be swallowed, and benzos will be taken orally whole.

But that's just me.
Straight to the point people listen to Brian. ???????

Basic chemistry from school - the higher the surface area the quicker the reaction. Therefore; chew the pill and the surface area increases.

I've found that there's a lot of factors in the metabolism process with oral ingestion..acidity of the stomach, what foods or liquid you've consumed before or after the medicine..many factors depending on the drug in question. That's separate and apart from methods like parachuting and breaking time release.

Also, Zolpidem relies heavily on an empty stomach prior to dosing. Is that the med you were referring to? Zopiclone is similar but less powerful. And the pills smell and taste fucking awful.

parachute it. take a tissue, peel it in half so its thinner, rip of a small peice, crush up your pill, put the powder into the tissue, tie it up so its like a little pouch, put it as far back in you mouth as you can and drink a lot of water. pretty much your making a pill capsule that breaks immediately.

Grind it up into a fine powder, put it on a small piece of toilet paper, twist it so the powder is closed in, then swallow it. aka parachuting

i crush mine up and snort it. if it is insfullBale(idk how to spell) or i crush it up. and parachut 1/3 of then other 1/3 i just mix it with my drink. and other 1/3 i chew on it.

Tissue for parachuting? Use silver rizla bro, or if your from outside Europe then just the thinnest smoking papers you can find. Lick and fold over end so you have a little cone, pour in, twist up the top, swallow.