• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How long after IV 3mg suboxone is ok to shoot heroin?

johntheman

Bluelighter
I've been shooing suboxone for about 3 days, starting with little more than 3 mgs the first 2 days every 6 hours or so. Yesterday i only swallowed about 3 mgs in the morning, and shot about 2 mgs last night. I JUST got contact for a 50 bag of dope right ;)after my shot, and I never pass that up. How long should i wait to get the rush i want? BTW NO tolerance whatsoever, suboxone nor heroin.

so if you stopped using opiates whatsoever then you would NOT go in to withdrawals?
if you're a regular user, a good gauge to when you will get full affects is when you start to feel strongish withdrawls withdrawals.

if not then 12-24 hours, bupe has a hella long half life

Yeah, if you are not tolerant/dependent, wait 24 hours for best results. 48 would be even better but few regular opiophiles are that patient.

How many times can the same question be asked? lol

And lets clarify: if you have no opi tolerance, why in gods name are you SHOOTING dope/suboxone? Recipie for disaster amigo. In addition, you have some opi tolerance if you've been shooting subs for days. IN fact your tolerance is WAY HIGHER than if you had shot dope for the same time frame.

The dangers are in doing suboxone AFTER other opiates. If you do suboxone THEN opiates, your only problem is wasting the drugs. As the two above me said: longer you wait the stronger the high will be.

In your case (no tolerance) I'm not sure if its even advisable to go to 0 tolerance and shoot dope.

General rules of thumb though, with subjective % estimations:
-24 hours you'l feel some of the dope, but it wont be the same high (~60% )
-48 hours you'll feel a lot, (~75% )
-72 hours and it will almost be as if you had not taken sub (90-95% )
-Longer than 72 and its getting close to, if not feeling, all of the drug (~99% )

The statement is probably more accurate than the %. The % are personal to me although probably pretty close to most peoples (I'm sure most would peg their % estimates +/- %5 of mine)

yes you will get no withdrawl if you do H after sub.But if you do H then shoot sub you will get one of the worst experience of your life. You should wait at least 24 hours after doing any sub to feel H and get any rush Ive done it 8 hours after sub and barely felt the H Unless you do a fat ass shot then you can get a decent rush but the high still wont last as long or be as good. try to wait 48 hours at least if you wanna be close to the full effect of the H but after 24 hoursYou should get a ok rush.

im not trying to mix the two, i just thought maybe shooting suboxone there would be a shorter half life, and so far i have had no problems shooting suboxone, just as easy as shooting anything else. Sorry I'm a newbie sort of to opiates. So shooting suboxone doesnt cause a shorter half life?

I've been shooing suboxone for about 3 days, starting with little more than 3 mgs the first 2 days every 6 hours or so. Yesterday i only swallowed about 3 mgs in the morning, and shot about 2 mgs last night. I JUST got contact for a 50 bag of dope right ;)after my shot, and I never pass that up. How long should i wait to get the rush i want? BTW NO tolerance whatsoever, suboxone nor heroin.

ok, unless you are using a micron filter, bad idea to shoot suboxone, and even then its till not the best route.i know a lotof ppl do it, but a lot of ppl also huff volative solvents like gas and butane to get high. secondly swallowing it renders it virtually useless since your GI tract destroys most of it. It is best to take it sublingualy as directed (and if you have to "have fun with it" i know many ppl bump it.

But considering youve only been doing 3mgs a day iv for a few days, wait till you feel kinda shitty then get your full agonist of choice. you could get it now but it probably woudnt do much, esp bc you were iving it. give it time and it will be worth it. plus if you havent done it i a while, start small, so many ppl die this way. getting off a minat drug and going back to use their old dose and bam next stop the morgue

Misunderstanding, I've only been iving small amounts of suboxone for 2 days, the last being last night. Do i need to even wait since i was doing such a small amount and have absolutely NO tolerance to suboxone or heroin? I remember when i used to do suboxone daily i did percocets and lortabs the next day and nodded out pretty hard.

How many times can the same question be asked? lol

And lets clarify: if you have no opi tolerance, why in gods name are you SHOOTING dope/suboxone? Recipie for disaster amigo. In addition, you have some opi tolerance if you've been shooting subs for days. IN fact your tolerance is WAY HIGHER than if you had shot dope for the same time frame.

The dangers are in doing suboxone AFTER other opiates. If you do suboxone THEN opiates, your only problem is wasting the drugs. As the two above me said: longer you wait the stronger the high will be.

In your case (no tolerance) I'm not sure if its even advisable to go to 0 tolerance and shoot dope.

General rules of thumb though, with subjective % estimations:
-24 hours you'l feel some of the dope, but it wont be the same high (~60% )
-48 hours you'll feel a lot, (~75% )
-72 hours and it will almost be as if you had not taken sub (90-95% )
-Longer than 72 and its getting close to, if not feeling, all of the drug (~99% )

The statement is probably more accurate than the %. The % are personal to me although probably pretty close to most peoples (I'm sure most would peg their % estimates +/- %5 of mine)

I had a dosage guide that was similar to this but covered the blockade effect from various doses.
1mg and under probably won't block anything and may actually add to the high if taken before it obviously. If it does block, it would only be for 16 hours at the most.
2mg blocks for a day or so
4mg blocks for 48 hours or so
8mg blocks for 72 hours
Anything higher will really block for 72 hours or so, like you won't feel a thing.

All of those doses are for sublingual administration, and single doses. If you take it daily for maintenance then I would add on a day to each of them.
Misunderstanding, I've only been iving small amounts of suboxone for 2 days, the last being last night. Do i need to even wait since i was doing such a small amount and have absolutely NO tolerance to suboxone or heroin? I remember when i used to do suboxone daily i did percocets and lortabs the next day and nodded out pretty hard.

You have a tolerance if you are able to IV 2-3mg of suboxone. It is a lot more potent than people give it credit for, and even a 2mg dose taken sublingually is going to block dope for a day or so. You have to consider that you are getting 100% of the drug from IVing it, whereas the sublingual BA is around 40% so even though it may not last as long, the higher amount of the drug you are getting which in turn will kinda cancel out the shorter duration since it takes longer for higher doses to be removed from your system. Also since you have used for consecutive days has built up in you due to the long half-life, which basically means that there was still suboxone left in your system when you took each shot, so it added to it.

I suggest waiting 48 hours, but I doubt you will listen to that so at least wait 24 hours. There is no point in wasting perfectly good dope because you don't want to wait for the suboxone to leave your system. If you do it too early although you might actually get a rush, you will get nothing after it other than a small buzz for a short period of time.

im not trying to mix the two, i just thought maybe shooting suboxone there would be a shorter half life, and so far i have had no problems shooting suboxone, just as easy as shooting anything else. Sorry I'm a newbie sort of to opiates. So shooting suboxone doesnt cause a shorter half life?

The half-life remains the same, but with IVing the drug your body is able to begin to eliminate it quicker since the full dose is in you at once. If you were to take it sublingually then it lasts longer because it takes several hours for your body to get the full amount of the drug in it, so it can only begin to eliminate what is in your system at the time, so some of the drug won't begin to be eliminated for several hours.

The only time that I have seen the half-life listed differently for various ROAs is with the transdermal patches, and I think the half-life is still the same, but since the drug is released over several days it isn't going to eliminated yet if it hasn't been released into the system.

Last edited:
3mg is a huge dose for IV buprenorphine; I would strongly suggest you lower your dosage when you're going back on buprenorphine.

In small dosages, the blocking effect of bupe is really a non issue. As far as when to use heroin again, if you have a fast metabolism like myself...you can wait 12-24 hours and feel virtually 100% of the H. Others are different and need to wait much longer. The length of time as far as consecutive days taking bupe is also a factor. You've only been doing it for 3 days, not 3 weeks or months, so there isn't a large build up of it in your system. I'd say between 12-24 hours..you'll be good to go.

Also check out Captain's micron filtering guide if you plan on still IV'ing the bupe. http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/481622-Micron-Filtering-Mega-Thread-and-FAQ

^ I'm on the long end of the spectrum. Unless I use less than 2mg just once, I have to wait at least 36 hours to feel anything, but usually more like 48 hours. If I used 3 days in a row, even just 2mg, then I have to wait over 2 days to feel any high. Then again I don't feel any withdrawal for 2 days after taking any suboxone, so it's not much of an issue to have to wait close to 3 days before getting high since it's not like I'm sick, it's more that if I have access to the drugs then I will be craving them and be tempted to use them, but am usually kicking myself in the ass when the suboxone blocks them from working if I don't w ait long enough.

Then my mind is playing tricks on itself making me think I might be in withdrawal and able to get high, but I'm just hyping any minor discomfort up and making it out to be like I'm in withdrawals when I'm really not. It's the only time I wish I was actually in withdrawals ha. The only time that I can get high within 24 hours of dosing suboxone is if I take 1mg or less, but once I hit the 2mg mark I need 2 days to get a good high, although I might feel a little buzz after 36 hours it's still a waste unless I got the drugs for free.

If you do suboxone THEN opiates, your only problem is wasting the drugs.

I was always thought that this was still potentially dangerous because since a person can't feel the effects of the heroin, they might be more likely to take too much and therefore overdose. Is that incorrect? Does buprenorphine block respiratory depression as well as the euphoria? Also wondering if the respiratory depression from the heroin could be increased because the bupe adds to the effect?

Last edited:
Just thought I'd share my experience on this question. I took 3 mg of suboxone after about 3 weeks of light use (approx .2-.3 grams a day IV) only 15 hours ago. I just shot up a decent, but not huge hit and indefinitely feel high. Not extremely high, but id say at LEAST 70%. Of course it would be better to wait longer, but it worked. I was not in full blown withdrawals by any means either, just fairly uncomfortable with my main symptoms being no energy and that horrible uneasiness feeling in my stomach. But again, not unbearable by any means. Furthermore, my girl took a small dose of suboxone only 6 hours ago and she got high off the shot as well, although probably only about 50% of what she would normally feel.

Also, on a random note, if your trying to quit but can't wait the long time before taking suboxone or if your looking to avoid subs altogether, try KRATOM. I don't know why I hadn't heard of it until recently, but it REALLY relieves all withdrawal symptoms! No joke. Only downside is you need to dose every 4-6 hours. It's a natural leaf and you can buy it completely legally at some headshops or online (which is recommend as it is way way cheaper). But be careful because you can get high off it and it IS habit forming. Good luck!!'

I'm curious why you're taking suboxone in the first place if you say you have no tolerance? But I got here because I had the same question as you. Shooting up sub for 2 or 3 days and now want to get some H but not sure if I will feel it and don't want to waste my money. What a conundrum. Makes one question the use of suboxone at all. Heh.

So if a person did shoot suboxone over 12 hours ago and woke up the next day feeling sick, would that mean that person could technically get high since they are feeling withdrawal symptoms as you said? Just wondering if it is worth going to score after using suboxone for 2-3 days iv and last shot was sometime yesterday and now feeling sick. Could do more suboxone but would rather have H now that it's become available again. But still don't want to waste anything. What would you (anyone here) do? Thanks. :)