• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

plugging 5-meo-DMT

Thanks for this thread guys! After reading it I'm considering this ROA for my first 5meo experience. Only thought I have is if the duration maybe will be a bit long for a first go...

Why can't you plug the freebase? Is citric acid really a strong enough acid to convert the freebase form to the salt? What about IM'ing 5-MeO-DMT? I IM'ed about 40mg of methylethyltryptamine into my butt cheek once, and that worked beautifully. I got almost instant visuals. I know some drugs you're not supposed to IM at all I've heard, such as methamphetamine but I don't really know why. With meth, I guess it's such a caustic, corrosive chemical to begin with. I IM'ed a Teletubby MDMA pill once, but then I blacked out, so I can't really say if the experience was a yea or a nay.

You blacked out but can't say yea or nay? Lol I'd give that a solid nay.

I imagine freebase would be hard on your rectum.

People who've tried seem to give IM 5-meo-dmt the thumbs up, but it seems a bit rare.

I used to use AMT a whole lot, way too much, and I would always plug it. At first I would convert to HCl in liquid and plug that way, then I got lazy and started just suspending freebase in water and plugging, and then I got really lazy and would just put freebase dry in a gel cap and insert the gel cap. They all worked fine and the raw freebase really didn't burn much more than any other way, surprisingly. Though I would recommend if plugging a freebase to convert it to a salt first because it's gotta absorb better and I have to believe it's better for your rectal membranes.

But yeah anyway, citric acid is perfectly fine to convert freebase to salt, it doesn't have to be a strong acid... in the presence of an acid, the freebase binds to molecules of that acid to form a salt. You could use citric acid, vinegar, HCl... best to add dropwise until it all dissolves, which for 5-MeO-DMT would probably take one drop (or a few citric acid crystals), since it's such a small amount. I remember before I realized you could use other acids, I used muriatic acid with AMT, which is I think 5% HCl, and it would take about 2 drops to get enough to convert it all to AMT HCl.

Would some OptiLube gel ((Lidocaine 2% and antiseptic (Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.25% ) ) be a good carrier to get some 5meo (HCL) up the bum? Or would the 5meo need to be fully dissolved to work best (which would be a problem with the gel I guess as you can't shake it like a mofo)?

Long time user of 5-meo, I have done grams of it throught all ways (except the needles ones). To me, the most rewarding is taking 150mg moclobemide first. At the 45min point approx, when you feel is doing its IMAO bussiness, let dissolve the dose under the tonge (freebase in my case).

With this method you get the best of both worlds: a slow and gentle come in/out and a long lasting experience (2/4h plus afterfxs)

Wound up at some really weird part of the inter web so fuck that,
Im outta here!

^Ever heard of urethral "sounds"? They'll basically metal straws you shove up there. They get progressively larger as they stretch the width of the urethra out, until you have a windsock for junk. A friend who used to be into body modification told me that dudes lube up the sound and masturbate by ramming it up their repeatedly. These people would make fine candidates for the proposed experiment.
).

Long time user of 5-meo, I have done grams of it throught all ways (except the needles ones). To me, the most rewarding is taking 150mg moclobemide first. At the 45min point approx, when you feel is doing its IMAO bussiness, let dissolve the dose under the tonge (freebase in my case).

With this method you get the best of both worlds: a slow and gentle come in/out and a long lasting experience (2/4h plus afterfxs)

Sounds very nice indeed. Why freebase - wouldn't HCL dissolve easier? And as Incunabula asks - what doses have you been experimenting with?

Im quite a softhead. I do it around 5mgs, which would be a light trip for most, but to me is a full on with some visuals.

Im not totally sure if what I have now is freebase or not. I guess it is. As long as works nicely, I just skip the chemist step.

What advantage does taking it sublingual with a MAOI have over plugging it in your opinion?

Qualitatively I expect to be quite similar: gentle come up and longer experience. In this case, both in spades. Also you save the chemist step

I saw quite a few places caution recommended towards MAOI & 5meo - is moclobemide different in that regard?
Also it seems that there's a bit debate on the MAOI thing - wether it applies to sublingual or just oral use?

You can plug or shelve water insoluble drugs dissolved in propylene glycol or alcohol (burns!).

Qualitatively I expect to be quite similar: gentle come up and longer experience. In this case, both in spades. Also you save the chemist step

Oh so you didn't actually try plugging? Thanks either way, gentler come up and longer experience would be exactly what I'd be shooting for.

Would some OptiLube gel ((Lidocaine 2% and antiseptic (Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.25% ) ) be a good carrier to get some 5meo (HCL) up the bum? Or would the 5meo need to be fully dissolved to work best (which would be a problem with the gel I guess as you can't shake it like a mofo)?

I don't think so... just use water in the methods described in this thread, and then use some of that gel perhaps to lube up the syringe.

I don't think so... just use water in the methods described in this thread, and then use some of that gel perhaps to lube up the syringe.

Yes, that's what I figured. The gel is good to prepare with but to mix with water is better. Thanks :)

Last edited:
20 mg HCL yielded VERY mild results for me.. Surprised that it didn't do more.. 30 mg up next.

20mgs should be a ionosphere high at least. Maybe you didn´t clear your bowels fisrt?