European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

British Man, 21, Faces Death Sentence In United Arab Emirates

yoyo50

Bluelighter
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...icid=maing-grid7|uk|dl1|sec1_lnk2&pLid=114725

A British man is facing the death penalty in the United Arab Emirates, the Foreign Office has confirmed.

A local news report claimed the unnamed Briton is a 21-year-old, who was sentenced in Abu Dhabi alongside a 19-year-old Syrian man for selling an undercover police officer 20g (0.7oz) of cannabis worth 1,500 UAE Dirhams (£262).

8(

Last edited:
Poor lad that's outrageous death for 20gs of smoke. That said I do wonder why people commit such crimes in these countries.

Same age as me :\

The world is a fucked up place some (most) times.

I'm fairly sure he'd willingly do the time if it meant he escaped institutional murder.

To be honest I've always said one place I'd never go even if you offered me a free holiday is Dubai. It sounds bonkers but I really don't like the way the U.A.E run their ship so to speak. You would have to be mighty stupid to have drugs on you in their country knowing their laws and that they don't take bribes so willingly as the authorities in say India or Thailand might.

He's the same age as me aswell, can't honestly imagine what must be going through his head.

In that sort of country i wouldnt even be carrying a gram of smoke. People shouldn't be taking such risk. Id rather die than spend a life in a Dubai prison though. Poor guy.

I do feel sorry for the lad but he must have known the penalties for dealing with drugs over there.
I've never been there yet am aware it's something you just don't do over there and I'm sure there are probably big signs at the airport warning you about the dangers on arrival.

I've never gotten into any real trouble for buying drugs, but it could have easily turned out different, and there are many who will.

One minor drug charge might not lead to anything but if they add up it might.

So stupid of him feel bad for the guy, what a joke this is. Some of the comments below that article are disgraceful.

You would have to be mighty stupid to have drugs on you in their country knowing their laws and that they don't take bribes so willingly as the authorities in say India or Thailand might.

Folk in Abu Dhabi have no interest in bribes because its the richest place in the world. Unlike India and Thailand, the average Joe is worth a few million dollars.

Feel sorry for the lad, but dont do the crime if you cant do the time

How stupid of a comment is that...

If the punishment fit the crime, I doubt he would mind doing the time. But not when he's facing the death sentence for under and ounce of a flower.
I mean he must've known the risks he was facing, but c'mon, I don't care how the Arab nation justify's it.

This makes me angry. The death sentence for 20grams? He needs to be extradited to the UK to be trialled. I'm really resisting being an ignorant bigot right now, and letting my fingers type a whole lot of offensive shit about the Arabs.

So murder is a 10-15 year stretch, but less than an ounce of cannabis is worthy of the death sentence.
Fuck.