• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall and Energy drinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningGreen420

Greenlighter
I took 20 mg of extended release addy at about 9 am. It's almost 4 now. Would it be safe to drink a pink rock star and take 5 mg adderall (I THINK it's a 5 mg pill. Not positive.) don't wanna pass out or freak out cause I'll be at work. Should I take both of those, one of those or none of those

you'll be fine, but why would you want to drink caffeine when you're taking amphetamine, it's already stimulating enough. Caffeine is known to potentiate amphetamine but it also adds to the jittery side effects of adderall.

I have combined various caffeinated consumables whilst on adderall ( prescribed but taken only when needed). I'm high right now so ill make it a simple analogy rather than explain my whole experience (lazy). It "potentiates' the l-amp portion. What i mean is the physical side effects plus anxiety/nervous physical energy is strongly accentuated and added to by almost all caffeinated foods, but especially in liquid forms like coffee, green tea, yerba mate, etc.

EDIT: my high ass was oblivious to the post above. It is what i said.

Last edited:
Yeah, I tend to agree with hiltoniano, adderall and caffeine is an okay combo, but I can really only take it in the morning. If you've already taken amphetamine and your going to redose, I would skip the energy drink. It will most likely make you feel more tweaky in an unpleasant sense.

Don't drink that poison, all energy drinks are poison. If you want caffeine, order 25 grams of pure from a company and swallow 200mg pills. The problem is not the caffeine, it's the nature junk they add to it, including:

ginseng
guarana
etc.

posion

all energy drinks are poison.

Not too sure about that, they're regulated like any other FDA product. Some of them do taste pretty nasty though, and caffeine pills/base is cheaper anyway.

Most of the wacky additives in "energy drinks" either have no effect at the levels present (gingeng, ginkgo et cetera) or only mild ones (niacin). And they're usually loaded with sugar, too.

Don't drink that poison, all energy drinks are poison. If you want caffeine, order 25 grams of pure from a company and swallow 200mg pills. The problem is not the caffeine, it's the nature junk they add to it, including:

ginseng
guarana
etc.

posion

What's so bad about ginseng and guarana lol?

Red Bull tastes like gasoline, or, how I would imagine gasoline tasting.

Fuck energy drinks IMO, I wouldn't recommend it.

Red Bull tastes like gasoline, or, how I would imagine gasoline tasting.

Fuck energy drinks IMO, I wouldn't recommend it.

Its actually really salty... and before you ask I was fixing a tractor.
Energy drinks are really not much worse than regular colas.

Not too sure about that, they're regulated like any other FDA product. Some of them do taste pretty nasty though, and caffeine pills/base is cheaper anyway.

Most of the wacky additives in "energy drinks" either have no effect at the levels present (gingeng, ginkgo et cetera) or only mild ones (niacin). And they're usually loaded with sugar, too.

The FDA approved many poisons that it later removed from market, it's not how the FDA works. An FDA approved substance = a substance showing no overwhelming adverse effects yet, which is logical because if we had to wait 50 years until the substance is fully observed...no substance would ever come on the market. So sleeping on the FDA pillow may not be such a good idea.

Those substances are natural, not well studied, we know it somehow gives some energy by unknown mechanisms...I don't trust it. All I know is a fellow citizen died from a heart attack during a police training after drinking 1 liter of energy drinks.

What they add in energy drinks...it's fishy man. It's like when they add phenylalanine in chewing gum. I mean, I just want to chew gum, I don't want no fucking cancerous amino acids in my mouth...for fuck sake! Are you aware that they add Sodium Aluminium Phosphate in cookies? Yes ALUMINIUM. lol You can't just shove in whatever crap the FDA approves man.

Energy drinks are really not much worse than regular colas.

I don't think so. Here's why: simply because you don't know. Yes. We just don't know that. Why? Because energy drinks came out 10 years ago, Coca Cola came out 100 years ago. People have been drinking coke healthy for 100 years...the same cannot be said about energy drinks because the time frame is too small.

Coca Cola is a very useful and healthy drink for many reasons. First reason is that it has a very strong acid called phosphoric acid. It's a triacid, yes, 3 protons, your stomach acid only has 1 proton. So PA gives 1 proton in stomach, 1 proton in intestines and later on. 3 protons. Very useful to digest the junk food and crap they serve you in America. Without Cola, the Americans would be dead, given the junk they eat every day.

Coca cola is so high, that it can't be compared to any other drink. I can't imagine myself eating a big mac and 2 hot dogs without cola...they would have to bring me to the emergency room with elevated liver enzymes.

Last edited:
The FDA approved many poisons that it later removed from market, it's not how the FDA works. An FDA approved substance = a substance showing no overwhelming adverse effects yet, which is logical because if we had to wait 50 years until the substance is fully observed...no substance would ever come on the market. So sleeping on the FDA pillow may not be such a good idea.

Those substances are natural, not well studied, we know it somehow gives some energy by unknown mechanisms...I don't trust it. All I know is a fellow citizen died from a heart attack during a police training after drinking 1 liter of energy drinks.

What they add in energy drinks...it's fishy man. It's like when they add phenylalanine in chewing gum. I mean, I just want to chew gum, I don't want no fucking cancerous amino acids in my mouth...for fuck sake! Are you aware that they add Sodium Aluminium Phosphate in cookies? Yes ALUMINIUM. lol You can't just shove in whatever crap the FDA approves man.

I don't trust the FDA completely and definitely on stuff like this that hasn't been out for that long.

Dont get me started on artificial sweeteners, i used to work for sweet and low and i can Tell you now, they are all poison!

I'm a caffeine addict (750-1000+mg per day, if I have less I get a pounding headache that doesn't go away until I get enough), and caffeine itself has a neligible effect on me besides keeping the headache away and waking me up a tiny bit if I slept more than 12 hours. But, my adderall doesn't work at all if I have a caffeine WD headache. If I have a WD headache and take an adderall, it won't do a thing until 1/2 hour after I drink a coffee/take a caffeine pill, then it'll work. Keep in mind I drank caffeine this much years before I took adderall and my tolerance to the former is ungodly high at this point. I can take 7 200mg no-doz pills and feel nothing.

dear god, i know caffeine is considered a pretty safe mild stimulant, but that kind of intake cannot be doing you much good.

<censored by user (profile compromised)>

Last edited:
yes but 5 cups of coffee worth of caffeine in one hit? That would make me feel awful.

Ksa, just stop talking.. you're spreading fearmongering here...

It's like when they add phenylalanine in chewing gum.

Whoopsy! Better hoipe you don't digest any protiens, ever, because phenylalanine is an essential amino acid that your body cannot produce on its own and needs to be acquired from other food or dietary sources. I have yet to see anyone get cancer from having a balanced protien intake, or even consuming an excess of any one amino acid. Aspartame has never been proven to cause any of the hoom hah popularly associated with it like brain death, paralysis, whole-body metastatic cancers, strokes, et cetera.

There's less than 100mg of phenylalanine in a dose of aspartame sweetener anyway. The average Bluelighter probably consumes more than that in a turkey and cheese sandwich.

First reason is that it has a very strong acid called phosphoric acid. It's a triacid, yes, 3 protons, your stomach acid only has 1 proton. So PA gives 1 proton in stomach, 1 proton in intestines and later on. 3 protons. Very useful to digest the junk food and crap they serve you in America. Without Cola, the Americans would be dead, given the junk they eat every day.

Hydrochloric acid is what chemists like to call a strong acid. It dissociates completely to H+ (hydrogen ion) and Cl- (chloride) in slution.
Phosphoric acid is not a strong acid. It is a "weak acid" because it doesn't give up its protons very eaily in comparison to the mineral acids.

[orthophosphoric acid has] pKa1=2.12, pKa2=7.21, and pKa3=12.67 values at 25 °C. Even though all three hydrogen (H) atoms are equivalent on an orthophosphoric acid molecule, the successive Ka values differ since it is energetically less favorable to lose another H+ if one (or more) has already been lost and the molecule/ion is more negatively-charged.

One can use the pKa value of a weak acid to guesstimate the concentration of a solution given its molarity. For reference, a 0.1m solution of hydrochloric acid would have a pH of 1. (very acidic). The same concentration of phosphoric acid would have a pH of roughly 2-3. - 100 to 1000 times less strong, even though it has 3 protons to donate.

Moreover, digeastion is not driven solely by acid. Adding more acid in your diet won't help you digest Big Macs any better and may actually contribute to heartburn.

The basic premise of an energy drink is not far from other "natural product" beverages and modified colas. Sugar, water, caffeine, acidifying agents, minerals/vitamins/supplements, and flavours. Every compound that goes in them has to be FDA approved or GRAS.

Name one major food product that the FDA has found to be unsafe for consumption. I bet you can't.

What's so bad about ginseng and guarana lol?

Ginseng and Guarana are completely safe, guarana is just another source of caffeine and ginseng has been used for hundreds of years with no ill effect (some very minor ones for diabetics I believe). I use ginseng everyday, in place of caffeine. It is actually very good for you for many functions, look it up on google. And also for the guy who used the example of a guy dieing in police training from a heart attack after drinking 1 litre of energy drinks.....that is many many times what the recommended dosage is and that guy was an idiot. It was the caffeine that did him in. Caffeine is probably the most toxic chemical in energy drinks but only if you drink too much of it at once. The huge amount of sugar in them is also bad for you but all in all energy drinks are completely safe if used as directed. Just like most other substances we drug users use.

Ksa, just stop talking.. you're spreading fearmongering here...

Whoopsy! Better hoipe you don't digest any protiens, ever, because phenylalanine is an essential amino acid that your body cannot produce on its own and needs to be acquired from other food or dietary sources. I have yet to see anyone get cancer from having a balanced protien intake, or even consuming an excess of any one amino acid. Aspartame has never been proven to cause any of the hoom hah popularly associated with it like brain death, paralysis, whole-body metastatic cancers, strokes, et cetera.

There's less than 100mg of phenylalanine in a dose of aspartame sweetener anyway. The average Bluelighter probably consumes more than that in a turkey and cheese sandwich.

Hydrochloric acid is what chemists like to call a strong acid. It dissociates completely to H+ (hydrogen ion) and Cl- (chloride) in slution.
Phosphoric acid is not a strong acid. It is a "weak acid" because it doesn't give up its protons very eaily in comparison to the mineral acids.

One can use the pKa value of a weak acid to guesstimate the concentration of a solution given its molarity. For reference, a 0.1m solution of hydrochloric acid would have a pH of 1. (very acidic). The same concentration of phosphoric acid would have a pH of roughly 2-3. - 100 to 1000 times less strong, even though it has 3 protons to donate.

Moreover, digeastion is not driven solely by acid. Adding more acid in your diet won't help you digest Big Macs any better and may actually contribute to heartburn.

The basic premise of an energy drink is not far from other "natural product" beverages and modified colas. Sugar, water, caffeine, acidifying agents, minerals/vitamins/supplements, and flavours. Every compound that goes in them has to be FDA approved or GRAS.

Name one major food product that the FDA has found to be unsafe for consumption. I bet you can't.

I get pH = 1.62 for 10^-1M Phosphoric acid solution, not 2-3. You forgot the +log([A-]/[HA]) term:

pH = pKa + log([A-/[HA]) you should get 0.32 for the [A-]/[HA] term if your calculation is correct.

not:

pH = pKa

^_^

You're right tho, it's not a strong acid, it's a strong organic acid, what I meant. I can also say that fluoroantimonic acid is 20 quintillion times stronger than 100% sulfuric acid but you don't exactly ingest it right? I was talking about stuff you eat and drink ^_^

Last edited:
Excluding random shoddy bottling concerns (shouldn't be an issue for the really popular kinds since they're bottled by the same companies that make coke and Pepsi), it's pretty much just water, sugar, caffeine, random inactive herbal junk, taurine, and flavoring.

Take away the taurine and you pretty much have a cola. I get your point, but I'm not too worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.