• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Methallylescaline (MAL) Thread

I'm gonna take a guess here: probably nobody will be able to answer this question with any accuracy.

Therefor, titrate that shit after an allergy test. Every week pick a day and increase the dose slightly until you have effects. 40 to 65 mg is the dose range from PIHKAL so I suggest testing beginning at 5 mg, this being roughly a tenth of the oral dose. Ramp up slowly from there. And report back and let us know what you find to be an effective dose.

Not trying to be rude should you happen to take it that way, just seen lots of threads on uncommon chems via unusual ROAs die without an answer. Thus safe self-experimentation may be the way to go!

I'm gonna take a guess here: probably nobody will be able to answer this question with any accuracy.

Therefor, titrate that shit after an allergy test. Every week pick a day and increase the dose slightly until you have effects. 40 to 65 mg is the dose range from PIHKAL so I suggest testing beginning at 5 mg, this being roughly a tenth of the oral dose. Ramp up slowly from there. And report back and let us know what you find to be an effective dose.

Not trying to be rude should you happen to take it that way, just seen lots of threads on uncommon chems via unusual ROAs die without an answer. Thus safe self-experimentation may be the way to go!

I agree with titration. So far (after initial allergy test) it has been oral ROA 25mg then 50mg . I might just stay with that ROA for now then once the highest dose is known for me, try nasal. Titrations is important, because who knows if there is a steep curve at a certain point of dose and what the difference is with ROA? I can't even locate a receptor profile for it either, so I have no idea if there is MAOI activity or anything else that can be of concern for HR.

Seems like very few people have tried this, very limited info out there.

Mindset: Feeling of curiosity as I set off to try a new drug that so very few reports exist about it. Finally feel that my hobby of trying various psychedelic compounds can actually be beneficial to the psychedelic community. Apart from that, I feel refreshed after a good night’s rest.

I will also note that I am very experienced with psychedelic compounds, having tried a wide array of Phenethylamines and Tryptamines. I have also explored disassociative compounds in depth. I will also note that I do partake in the Marijuana on a daily basis.

Dose= 45 mg

Time of ingestion= 9:35 (broken up into four parts space over one hour), fasted since dinner last night.

(9:35 am): First dosage @ 15 mg consumed.

(9:50 AM): Second dosage @12 mg consumed. When weighing out my dose, I took note of the present scent that I always associate with other phenethylamine drugs.

(10:05 am): Third dosage @12 mg consumed.

(10:20 am): Fourth dosage @ 6 mg consumed. First alerts appearing.

(10:35 am): First waves of nausea are coming over me.

(12:12 Pm): I am just starting to recover from the onslaught of nausea that has wrecked my body. I still feel extremely weak, and cannot really use this experience in any kind of favorable way. I vomited several times throughout the first couple hours. I have my girlfriend try to take my pulse, but she has a difficult time finding a sign of it. However, we didn’t use any kind of blood pressure monitor, and just used her fingers and a timer to look for it. When asked later about it, she also notes that she didn’t actively try to look further for it.

(1:55PM): After managing to get a small lunch in me, with great difficulty, the trip is improving to something more useful and qualitative. There are definitely similarities between its parent compound, mescaline, and this one. Visual wise, they share much of the same geometric patterning, and kaeledoscope vision that is common on phenethylamine psychedelics. Some cartoonish fantasies are present in the visuals, which I usually get on other phenethylamine drugs, such as 2C-B and 2C-I. The visuals can be described as very shallow in quality, in comparison to some tryptamines like 4-Aco-DMT. However, my nausea is persisting and is still very much so present.

(4:42 pm): Got high, feeling like a ++
When I was walking back in from my walk, a neighbor down the street seemingly threw a tantrum. She screaming and shouting complete nonsense while staring me down from her front door as I passed by. It was quite the experience and left me feeling unsettled.

(5:15 pm): Girlfriend had to go to the doctors; on her way out she says that cops have come to attend the crazy lady down the street. I begin to feel paranoid that the cops will investigate and knock on my door. I quickly put those thoughts away as crazy and decide it would be best to just lay low and watch some things on Youtube. At this point, I am still feeling pretty trippy.

(6:15 pm): the girlfriend returns home and I feel as if my trip has come down a lot by this point. We are able to get much needed chores done, which take up to two hours.

(8:00 pm): Throughout doing the chores, I completely stop tripping. I still feel extremely stimulated, but I am no longer see any kind of visuals.

(8:35pm): I have just taken a shower, and although I feel clean I still feel very exhausted from the entire experience. The MAL has felt very taxing on my body. I have a head ache at this point, and feel overheated, although I am in shorts. I have taken 50 mg of diphenhydramine to take the edge off of things, and to combat the recurring nausea.

(11:00-11:30 pm): Manage to fall asleep pretty easily.

In summary, Methallylescaline is simply far too taxing on my body for me to ever want to try it again. The nausea was awful, and in comparison to the nausea felt off of Mescaline or 4-AcO-DMT felt much more toxic, although this is simply how my mind interpreted it. The nausea was most extreme during the first two hours of the come up, but remained present all day, except for a bit after having some Marijuana, and after I took that diphenhydramine. Although I did stay hydrated, after I was coming down I had a pretty headache until I got some rest. Like I said in my trip report, for the last few hours on the come down I began feeling like core temperature was overheating. On a positive note, I did feel a small afterglow the next day, which was nice, but it wasn’t worth the negative side effects endured on this.

1-40mg MAL, Rectal, +++/++++

I've never had the pleasure of trying Mescaline or Allylescaline, and looking at SAR, I was a little skeptical about MAL; I also didn't like the reports PIHKAL or Erowid had...but I was still curious.

I found threshold effects around 10-15mg via rectal admin which lasted up to 7-8 hours with residuals. Minor psychedelic and just a tease of CEV's for me. Some humor and relaxation. I'm honestly still getting used to 3,4,5 "TMA" group as it is; I've found I really tend to like them and this is no exception. I had escaline for the first time about six months ago, with the other (am)PEA's since.

When I increased to 25mg, I had ++/+++ visuals had that nice fractal patterns (esp cev or in dark). Reminded me a bit of escaline, but like the experience itself had a sense of humor, though it took itself very seriously. Relaxing. I can only think of it as the way other people describe mescaline's psychedelic effect? The OEV's were minor to moderate which is mostly why I'd say I was ++/+++. My mind wasn't so gone I couldn't have a normal conversation. Higher dose...this time sleep without any aids took 10 or 11 hours.

I hope to write a full report (with I's and everything, thanks for posting in the other thread about that btw) about one experience in particular -- 40mg MAL R-ROA. The OEV's had such a beauty that I cried. a lot. At first I didn't know if I was freaking out, but they were tears of joy and happiness. I had a good set and setting, and I realized that I just felt happy. I felt like I was phasing from reality to be left with my thoughts, visuals, and a distinct relaxation. Sleep took over 12 hours with 300mg etaqualone at T+12:30. Note: The intensity of this experience was +++/++++. It is the highest dose I've tried rectally, and while I'm disappointed that I felt so close to a +4....I was pretty laid bare, emotionally. I think I'd want a sitter or a place I knew I wouldn't be bothered by anything or anyone if I were to try this again.

Chemistry section: : I'm assuming it's because of my rectal ROA, but I've never had any stomach problems whatsoever with any 'escalines. It's making me *not* want to try oral. I'll also add that MAL isn't particularly stimulating for me, though the last couple hours are definitely + moving into +/- which can stimulating. The 40mg experience probably turned from ++ to + at about T+10:30 or T+11:00

On stomach pain, nasal, and ROA's in general -- I doubt nasal is really a great roa for this one. I'm going to assume it's painful, drippy, and will have mediocre BA based on an even longer non polar chain. But hey -- maybe it's good for splitting up doses so you can avoid that nausea.

Honestly, I picked rectal for two main reasons. Firstly, although the 4 group isn't huge, I see plenty of options for pass 1 to have a major effect. Is it cool to think a dose is more efficient one way or the other? Well the compound is "12-16" anyway, so it's not like I really have to worry about metabolism.Yeah, I guess, but the number 2, and the biggest reason, removal of nausea. :)

On stearics, I can't think of the van der waal's radius off the top of my head, and the same thought occurred to me about it being "big" over there. I made sense of it by remembering how huge something like iodide in the 4 position is and how 4-i pea' s still have activity. Some of them even the highest Ki for 5h2-a! The methallyl group really seems kinda small at that point.

On dosing: Titration was 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15mgs over a several week period, for anyone wondering. It's hard to trust PIHKAL or TIHKAL on some of the rarer stuff other than as a rough guide, especially considering different people with different body types were taking different doses who were writing those experience reports...I didn't know that for a long time. For something more common, it's not so bad even to use boosters (esp with potentially 12+ hours) every so often in the 5mg range someone mentioned earlier. IMHO, anyway.

At 50 mg I find the stuff to be quite pleasant, body high is pretty good -- it's actually very, ahem, stimulating. There was a period of body loss -- I can't feel where my limbs are, or remember what I look like -- which was overall gentle and unfrightening.

Trip turned out to be pretty controllable, which was good, because I remembered needing to work after taking it... ah, life.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Let us know how the 50mg trial goes.

Thanks yaesutom - I didn't notice you mention if you had tried allylescaline in your TR, but wondering if you had tried it, and if you could compare?
AL and MAL are top on my list of mescaline analogues that I'm interested in ATM.

Well I did try a little allylescaline with a friend but it was after binging on psychedelics 2 days before.. and we only had a tiny amount so it wasn't enough to do anything. I IMed like 20mg then another 20mg and nothing happened, either because its really weak or tolerance..or both. I have 100mg of it I might just eat the whole thing since everything i've read seems to indicate it doesn't really get too psychedelic until the dose is pretty high.

aaaaWOW@@@@@

I did MAL again today and last night.. with a ton of etizlam (which i believe strongly affects the trip in a great way)

Basically the visuals i'm seeing with etiz + MAL are like if your universe is a cartoon and all the little cartoons can all walking on their around with each ohter and get crazy... as i'm typing this the cartoons are making it all cool fonts / colors even parts of letters have personalities perso-nanlities. Can't think much to add besides ... a lot more will come at a later date. MAL is MAGIC with etizolam... the combo makes it hard to type but i should write a proper trip report.. not just visuals ALL OUT PSYCEDELIASTUFF

I've enver seen visuals like this in my whole life i would say its

Man this stuff is a gem.. Soo much like mescaline. The visuals are very "advanced" or high quality.

Even with lower doses stuff pops out 3d when watching youtube videos or looking at images online. I don't know why this stuff isn't a lot more popular... the 3,4,5 pattern has a lot more interesting shit going on :)

I notice MAL enhances browns, greens, yellows, and orange more than the other colors. Less of the reds from mescaline.

Last edited:
Disregarding visuals, how do their mental effects compare?

I haven't taken the dose up that high but i would say the mental effects are "happy", which reminds me of the couple times i took mescaline. Calm and happy.. good to be outside in nature walking around. I'm not sure on doses last time because i was IMing it little by little to get where I felt like being that day. It didn't take much though maybe 20mg for a good ++.

The visuals do this thing where everything kind of looks similar to 2C-B, but then when i stare at something, it goes all fractalized like you can see the inter workings of your brain decoding the image. This part is totally missing from all (i think) 2C-X drugs for me, which tend to just blur everything in a boring way. Maybe i'm just very bored with 2C-X's... and therefore biased.. hard to say.

The come up is kinda rough, but once it settles down its smooth. I didn't get any nausea when i IMed it. Once it leveled out I had no problem going grocery shopping and acting sober in the store tripping. Its hard to say duration cause I boosted once or twice with small doses IMed but it did take many hours to fade away (still + at T+8 or 9 hours).

This stuff sounds like it might be worth investigation. I know where to find it too.

Oral doses anyone? 40 to 50 or what?

Looking at PiHKAL it would seem most didn't like high doses.

I gave a couple people about 55mg (they ate it) and i got a txt just saying "in a new world". Haven't heard any details yet.