• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Methallylescaline (MAL) Thread

I enjoyed Allylescaline quite a bit so I think I'd guinea pig this one if I got the chance.

Finally had the time to test this one out. As there were no reports on this batch specifically and almost no recent discussion of this compound on the internet I reagent tested it first. Took about 1 mg orally (I have a good scale but 1mg is difficult to weigh 100% accurately) and waited about 70 minutes to make sure there were no negative reactions. After about 20 minutes I felt a tiny first alert in the form of light headedness. I felt a bit nervous in general but after no further physical reactions I took another 10mg at t+70 minutes. This was obviously not enough but I wanted to be cautious. The light-headed feelings increased and I felt a bit shivery and almost rolly. It was obvious that this was a phenethylamine. I could already tell it was better than tma-2 which I took once and found quite unremarkable. Another hour goes by and I take one more 10mg gelcap. I am now up to 20mg or so and the effects are very much like mdma but not nearly as pushy.

Light-headedness, slight rushing feeling, physical sensitivity to touch and amplified sensuality. I am hungry and make a bowl of pasta which makes me feel nauseous for a while. MAL effects are a lot closer to mescaline than TMA-2 is, it is a bit more forceful than mescaline actually. I could have taken more but decided not to because it was so new feeling. The main effects were physical and I was clearheaded. The body load wasn't too bad, imo--it consisted of the mild but persistent nausea, jaw tension, some shaky tremors. Overall it was more lazy and languid than energetic. Not particularly social, some laughter. I didn't really take enough for the visual aspect to manifest itself but i could tell it was there. With just 20mg the proportions of rooms were all strange and lights were brighter, closed eyes were almost there with visual snow and strobing effects that didn't resolve themselves into patterns or imagery at this low dose. Music sounded better than usual. MAL was really just amazing for the erotic, can't recommend that enough. Next day I feel ok, not crabby no headache or anything unusual.

Overall: I wasn't sure about this one when I was on it. It seemed a little lacking in comparison to more dazzling and overwhelming compounds like 2ce or LSD. However, on reflection I think it deserves more of my attention because it shares some of the qualities I value in mescaline, namely the gentleness, positive push, contemplativeness and loving energy. Next time I will start with a 20mg initial dose and maybe ramp it up every 45 minutes or so by 5mg increments. I also would like to try it in a more natural setting like a park. Interesting compound with empathogenic qualities at moderate doses, has potential to be truly psychedelic at higher doses, not such a bad body load, feels different than the 2c compounds or tryptamines. Definitely more on a mescaline/mdma axis of effects.

I also was able to try Methallylescaline yesterday. About an hour after an allergy test I took 30 mgs in 10 mg increments separated by about an hour each time. I smoked weed periodically throughout the experience.

It definitely had Mescaline-like qualities. I remember synthetic mescaline coming over me in gentle waves and I felt the same from Methallylescaline. It was simultaneously stimulating and sedating. My limbs were heavy and I felt lazy, but I still had some jaw and leg tension. I spent most of the night listening to music on my couch with my eyes closed. The psychedelic effects were predominately increased sensitivity to sound and touch. My eyes felt sensitive to color and light but no open eye visuals or even very strong closed eye visuals. My mind was very dreamy but mentally clear -- which also reminded me of Mescaline. There was some euphoria but it lacked the depth and peace of Mescaline for me.

Although phenethylamines usually upset my stomach, Methallylescaline let me off easy this time. Slight nausea would come in waves, followed by a more intense wave of psychedelia and then a wave of drowsiness, repeating throughout the night. Taking the staggered dose and smoking weed may have helped me feel better. I think smoking weed helped boost the positive, tactile effects (for me).

Edited to add that although I felt fine the day after, a distinct phenethylamine mood dip hit me on day two.

It was not a strong experience but Mescaline is also very gentle and I am not looking for the visual pyrotechnics of the 2c series or the mental surges of LSD. I would try Methallylescaline again at a slightly higher dose but my guess is that there is a line you might not want to cross, where psychedelic intensity is outweighed by physical discomfort? I think at low doses it would be perfect for going to a concert (one with seating).

Last edited:
Honestly I'm surprised that this bulkiness is tolerated. Anyway it's interesting reading about this, I'm gonna keep my eye on it. For me personally I am first curious to see how AL will turn out and that won't be for quite some months.

what do you mean by bulkiness? Like that you have to take a lot? It's a lot less bulky than mescaline in that respect.

No, I mean for a moment I thought that the allyl moiety would be bordering on steric hindrance (not fitting in the receptor well anymore because of sheer size) and that methallyl would pass the line and therefore be more subtle than the already subtle allylescaline... however I was mistaking allyl for crotyl when trying to picture it when I posted that.
Still, I would have expected it to be more weak and/or strange, keeping things like 2C-iP, 2C-Bu and 2C-T4 in mind.

Oh, haha, you meant molecular bulk!

Well, I haven't tried AL, so I can't compare the two. I would say that I was surprised at the strength of the effects of the MAL because I was basing my expectations on the mostly underwhelming trip reports out there for AL.
Given that I ingested a total of 20mg over the course of about 2 hours...the effects were pretty strong. I wouldn't say boring at all.

I was hoping for a little more info on this MAL before i tried it but alas I will have to go with what litttle info there is here. I have some sitting in my closet and am going to go for a moderate to high-moderate dose this weekend to go with some outdoor nature activities. I will report with the results. Considering the dosages mentioned here MAL seems a little pricey where I have seen it, I wonder if this is why not as many have tried it. Def sounds better the AL which I also tried

I ... am going to go for a moderate to high-moderate dose this weekend to go with some outdoor nature activities. I will report with the results. Considering the dosages mentioned here MAL seems a little pricey where I have seen it, I wonder if this is why not as many have tried it. Def sounds better the AL which I also tried

I would be cautious at starting high, based on the Pihkal reports.

I would be cautious at starting high, based on the Pihkal reports.

45mgs lasted about 12 hours, pretty trippy headspace but not too deep. Visuals were different, but not that strong. I probably wouldn't obtain this chem again. It was pretty hard on my digestion system, harder than most other things I have right now. I may like my experience with AL better but it may be that a lower dose my find the sweet spot with this chem and higher doses don't produce greater results to a point.

I also may try a lower dose in combo with DOC because of their similar duration.

I'm terrible at describing my experiences compared to some others on here so thats just a cliff notes of what I got.

I tried MAL for the second time last night, taking one 30mg dose after having a couple of drinks & very long work day. I was recovering from severe bronchitis, so I can't be surprised that the physical effects were worse by a multitude this time. Experienced cyclical waves of extreme nausea, vomiting, followed by muscle tremors and then a wave of increased psychedelia. Towards the end of the trip I had a moderate headache and bruxism. I became very empathetic towards some of the comments in Pihkal.

There were still worthwhile moments (especially after the peak), sense of touch and sound were enhanced & euphoric. Listening to music was visceral. Not typical visuals, no ripples or fractals -- instead, visual tricks like street signs with switched around letters. "Popular Community Bank" read as "Popular Communist Bank;" other signs flashed Philip K. Dickian messages at me. During the peak of the trip I would have moments where I couldn't focus my eyes and very low light was almost unbearable.

Despite a truly awful couple of hours where I felt like I had the worst stomach flu, followed by 6 more hours of intermittent nausea: I think I will try this again. Next time I will avoid alcohol and be better-rested. I will also stagger doses in 10mg increments over a couple of hours.

In several ways MAL feels closer to synthetic mescaline than any other chemical I've sampled. I remember also experiencing waves of nausea followed by waves of intense psychedelia. The sensory enhancement feels similar.

I took it with 3 other people, and none of them were as badly affected as me. Everyone felt a bit sick for a while but 2 people were able to comfortably drink alcohol all night without negative effects.

Thanks for the report Bunny. I still haven't gotten around to trying this one yet, although I did buy some.

Do you think something like ondansetron or diphenhydramine/dimenhydrinate could alleviate some of the stomach related issues? I think they would. Maybe ginger aswell.

I became very empathetic towards some of the comments in Pihkal
I don't understand, you mean that you could relate to them? if that's what you mean, then which ones? there's some negative and some positive.

Do you think something like ondansetron or diphenhydramine/dimenhydrinate could alleviate some of the stomach related issues? I think they would. Maybe ginger aswell.

I think breaking up the dose and starting on an empty stomach (mine was full of margaritas) would help a lot! I'm also really sensitive to phenethylamines in general as far as GI problems go, other people weren't as badly affected. I'd guess that if you are sensitive to 2cx's you might have some difficulty with MAL.

Weed helped me a lot, but I'm a frequent smoker. I didn't notice marijuana increasing the intensity of the trip, in fact it seemed to dampen it down a bit.

I would love to try ondansetron but have no idea how I could. Ginger might have helped. I plan to try lemon oil when I get around to sampling 2-ct-2 and 2-ct-21.

I don't understand, you mean that you could relate to them? if that's what you mean, then which ones? there's some negative and some positive.

These ones:

(with 45 mg) Too much overload. I am sur-rounded with unreality.

Definitely felt like this coming up. My eyes could not be trusted!

(with 45 mg) I am basically favorably impressed. I believe the initial discomfort would be alleviated by taking two 30 milligram doses separated by an hour.

45mg at once would have been torture for me, but I think I could handle 3 15mg doses

(with 60 mg) Extremely restless. Am very impressed with all the activity. But if I repeated it would be at a lower dose.

The tremors in my legs were really intense. Everyone reported physical restlessness. After taking 30mg in one gelcap, we had 10mg boosters but no one opted to take more.

Any reports of nasal ROA and the difference in dose, onset, effects , bodyload and duration?

MAL doses

Is nasal 1/2 the oral dose for Methallyescaline ? What are the doses that are strong for those here that have been doing it?

I've only done this drug orally, but I did 40mg.
It was a very mild but decent buzz, but it made it seem it would be good for nothing but a buzz.
The visuals were extremely lacking, and the body high was mild

EDIT: disregard that I only tried allylescaline, not sure te difference

Last edited:
iv only tried allylescaline sorry

Last edited: